cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLIC MOBILE has 12,500 followers on Twitter.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

11 REPLIES 11

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth   You're probably right...I'm not signed up with any social media sites so don't really worry about it.  My comment was just related to the number of followers (real or not) mentioned in this thread vs what I see.  I think the decimal point maybe in the wrong spot.. 🙂

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Many (perhaps most) followers are often bots, crawlers, and watchdogs - automated user accounts which only exist for datamining and datacloning. For a business like Public Mobile, many accounts are just subscribers clicking signups - volunteering for spam and junkmail - because they want to be informed of any awesome gifts, promos, or deals which might appear "exclusively" through those channels.

@umnikke8   Yes, I see 12.5K followers...   

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Umm, only 12,500.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Nope and prob never will unless they have Twitter exclusive bonuses/giveaways

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

And it is funny to see on those FB posts, PM occasionally replied those comment, but just asking people to check the Community here.   I think they should put more effort in the social media to get people in and not just direct traffic here

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes ..... PM on Twitter is useless - whoever is running the PM account is following everyone and everything just for the sake of adding numbers to the account. They are following other mobile companies, sporting teams, retailers such as Walmart, politicians etc. and of course advertising PM. I for one don't need the additional spam so will stay away from PM on Twitter.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No, thanks. I prefer this tight community. No fights, knowledgeable support 24/7 (😎), always calming support posts, no blaming each other when mistakes happen.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What the heck is this Twitter ?  😖  <---rhetorical question !

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Currently the Community has 234,830 Members (but these are all active and inactive I suppose).

esjliv_0-1651246348681.png

Do not follow PM on Twitter, anything interesting ever come up there?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BEER   Not me.

But I see their FB posts.  Usually people only reply with negative comments on their post, about lack of support.  SAD.

Need Help? Let's chat.