Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

53 REPLIES 53

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder @AE_Collector @Jb456  and others......

Is it just me or has the community been boring lately....no promos, no excitement....no moderators....

Speaking of which, based on the timing of the past approx. 7 months, it seems like it's about time for the monthly Top Contributors announcement, ALTHOUGH it seems that the last 2 or 3 were later than they previously used to be.....

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

Not my cat, dog, payphone OR election sign! Ooops, missed the mail box... it's not mine either....

Cant get the cat off the phone and the dog looks ready to attack (no surprise there).....

..... the Trump/Pence sign! 🤣 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Not my cat, dog, payphone OR election sign! Ooops, missed the mail box... it's not mine either....

Cant get the cat off the phone and the dog looks ready to attack (no surprise there).

AE_Collector

5FDCCC17-D8F1-4D41-8D4E-31CD77DEDB5A.jpeg

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456 

That cat is naturally high on life...this is a no catnip household....no junkies allowed! I had warned my bf about catnip and he thought he would sneakily plant some in the garden. Well did he learn is lesson when our late cat max sniffed that out in a hurry. Needless to say the catnip was in the green bin first thing in the morning!

And so was Max..... caught layin' in the green bin, with fragments of catnip around his face, meowing something in a Cheech & Chong like voice..... "oh man, that's some good $h1t!!!" 🤣 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  I think Marcus needs some catnip 😝

NAH, he's a cat, all he needs is one, or all, of 3 things - a piece of string, a krinkly sounding plastic bag, & a box! 😉 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  I think Marcus needs some catnip 😝

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

My fur babies enjoying the sun while I'm studying. Had to take a pic. This is Piper and Mpress!IMG_20200229_084522_3.jpg

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I love dogs as long as they are friendly. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Your cat would play or make it "kitty-fodder"?

Well, TBH, I'm not sure what he'd do..... if it was a bird, he'd be on it SO fast, but rodents of that size, he probably wouldn't know what to do..... unless of course, it started to run away, at which point instinct would probably kick in..... "kitty-fodder"..... I'm not sure..... 🤔 

@LMP  Oh, our cat would just LOVE to play with your critter!!! 😉 

LMP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

20190510_211055.jpg

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Atta boy Max, keepin' them rodents and bad ol' birdies at bay!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

LOL!!!!! Great story!!! 🤣 

As for the name, no, I don't get it.....

As for the story, my parents used to tell a similar one, about a cat they had many years ago, while living in Vancouver. Apparently this cat had some kittens, and a fairly large neighbourhood dog wandered into their yard. Well, I guess the momma cat did the same as Max, and leaped on that dog's back, and hung on with its' claws, all while the dog was attempting to run away, down the back alley, doin' the rodeo bronc kinda thing, yiping the entire time. I guess a while later, momma cat comes wandering back home, lookin' satisfied with herself for "takin' care of business". 👍 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  Well, sorry for your losses - several beloved critters, AND a hubby too! 😥 

As for being a "seat stealer", our cat does that too, although he doesn't jump up in your lap to do it - he quietly takes over your chair, moments after you left, and when you come back, you have to move the lump elsewhere, often during much protesting. In fact, among his many endearing qualities, being a lap kitteh is NOT one of them, much to our dismay.

As for cats letting you know they want back in, when I was a kid, living in Manitoba, our family used to have a cat that would climb up the clothesline pole in the back yard, walk along the roof, and kind of hang over the edge of the roof, RIGHT outside my parents' window, and yell, "I WANT IN!!!"(not quite in those words, though 😉 ).... at ~2:00 or 3:00 am!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  Do you have any pics of your dearly-departed Russian blue, that you'd care to share?

Just FYI, our furball is a Ragdoll.... if you Google it, there's lots of 'em look JUST like him.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  You the man Max!

Another fine lookin' feline! Seems like you got a thing for black kittehs.

Just so you know i subscribe to the theory that cats choose you...and they come into your life for a reason. Max was rescued by a friend but then spent his first year and half stuck in a condo by himself as my friend was only ever home to sleep. He was moving and couldn't bring max. I turned him down because my cat was old (17)

Wow, 17 - pretty old for a cat!!!

so I didn't want a young male tormenting my cat who was going  blind. A few weeks go by and my Russian blue passes two days later on moving day for my friend....we adopted Max. The best cat ever!

Now THAT sounds like your 17 yr. old & Max colluded to accomplish this --> "i subscribe to the theory that cats choose you...and they come into your life for a reason".  An "ATTA BOY" all around - for Max, your friend(for moving on the right day), and your previous, dear-departed kitteh!!!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite  I much prefer cats but I've had some dog roommates too....

So, since it says "Justice" at the bottom, can we assume that's NOT the aforementioned Max? Max was a kitteh, perhaps?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodderYes about away from their first birthday. Runty little sister Minty and alpha male big brother Marcus....theres been role reversal ever since Marcus went to the vet..no mo mojo

Cute little buggers they were, and still are.

@Luddite wrote:

But to maintain the pet theme, here's one that became the favourite "brand" until we'd had one dog too many.

Uhm.... ok, now I'm curious - how did you mean that, i.e. too many dogs at once, or you'd had too many dogs, one after another, and they all met an early demise, and got too hard to see them go, or sumthin' else? If you'd rather not share that, that's fine too.....

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

But to maintain the pet theme, here's one that became the favourite "brand" until we'd had one dog too many.

IMG_0143.JPG

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

Cat free zone at home these days - daughter & partner allergic. Robot Sad

So, get a dog, or something more exotic, like a hedgehog!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Cat free zone at home these days - daughter & partner allergic. Robot Sad

We do have a favourite motto though, that may be appicable to us all when infected with a PM bug. Robot wink

iur.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  So I guess those two are only about a yr. old then?

Need Help? Let's chat.