cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Other Community Members...Our Pets!

@CannonFodder  I came across this photo cleaning the other day....it was stuck back behind my bedside table. I can only guess how long it's been there..? Lemme dog....care to guess who he was named after? Lived in my house for many years before I took over. When my dear friend moved out with lemme and I moved back in with max he came round for a visit. Lemme bounded in like he had never left. Max was having none of it....next thing we see is max on lemme's back claws dug in riding him like a rodeo cowboy as lemme tries to buck him off like bronco....20200213_171747.jpg

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LOL!!!!! Great story!!! 🤣 

As for the name, no, I don't get it.....

As for the story, my parents used to tell a similar one, about a cat they had many years ago, while living in Vancouver. Apparently this cat had some kittens, and a fairly large neighbourhood dog wandered into their yard. Well, I guess the momma cat did the same as Max, and leaped on that dog's back, and hung on with its' claws, all while the dog was attempting to run away, down the back alley, doin' the rodeo bronc kinda thing, yiping the entire time. I guess a while later, momma cat comes wandering back home, lookin' satisfied with herself for "takin' care of business". 👍 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder  Lol....you supplied my laugh of the day! Maybe I should have referenced that this was another member of that infamous Celtic punk rock band and now lead guitarist of a famous Vancouver punk rock band. The boxer was named after lemme from Motorhead. I also found a copy of my favourite picture of max....around three years of age in our backyard.20200213_171557.jpg

Atta boy Max, keepin' them rodents and bad ol' birdies at bay!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder 

Oh boy does this guy ever want to go to the dog park..... I think he wishes he was born a cat.

69881054_10157682512427369_5119222514249105408_o.jpg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Our pets are getting ignored so I thought I'd gather around you kids for another story circle:

@Luddite @AE_Collector @iPhoneUser  @CannonFodder  @Jb456  @ChuckYeah  and anyone else who would like to hear the story of Spook.....

One of my crazy party animal rockin it out member of up to 5 different bands at any one time....

Ranging from punk rock to speed metal to country rock roommate for about 8 years who could drive you batty with his ineptness to manage the basic necessities of life like paying his rent on time, stealing your toilet paper one roll at a time or leaving the bath tub with remnants of gravel, concrete, grout or other rock work after showering from his stone mason job.

His heart was always in the right place but  he didn't get the nickname gravy who're without good reason.....yes you couldn't leave him alone with a pot of gravy if you wanted any left for the rest of Christmas dinner. He had a very sweet yorkie poo named Lucy who went with him everywhere. To work, band practice you name it she would jump into his knapsack as he skateboarded or rode his bmx around town. As lovely as she was she was a terrible mooch as he was always broke and would have to ration out her food between paycheques.

In the fall of 2008 he asked if he could have a kitten. There was a chorus of no' s knowing he could barely afford his dog and with Max the king off the castle we didn't need anymore pets. After a few more futile attempts we managed to squash the idea and there was no more mention of it. A few weeks go by and we come home from work to find our roommate trying to sneak up to his attic room with a little ball of fur meowing loudly from his shirt pocket. A little black kitty with wisps of white fur under her chin and a head so big to her tiny 5 week old body she could barely keep it from bobbling over.

Chocking back a tear he explains he had to rescue the runt of the litter from a crack house because she couldn't compete for her mother's milk. Barely weaned and "house trained" he begged to keep her and of course  who can say no to a cute kitty cat. He promptly abandoned her with us in the living room to shower and run off to band practice. She promptly peed on the couch. If she wasnt curled up on our chests or shoulders not much bigger than our hands she would hang out in the top of the yahtzee box watching the rolling dice intently letting her new home sink in with an occasional loud beyond her size ratchetty meow intermixed with vibrating loud purry purrs.

It wasn't until quite late in the evening as she slept soundly in the game box top lid that Max in his jaguar black sleekness sauntered over to investigate this little ball of fur. Standing on his hind haunches stretching his long lean body with his front paws resting on the couch cushions he leaned his face up over the side of the box lid and gave the slumbering kitty a good once over curious to check out the new member of the family. He leaned in closer to get a good sniff of the creature when she suddenly awoke. Immediately jumping up into the cutest scary Halloween cat pose. Back arched, tail straight up twice it's size,, every hair on her body pointing out at attention.

Eyes wide open and unmistaken hiss as she bared her razor sharp teeth and stood raised on her claws. Max jumped back frozen for a split second completely spooked by the devilish transformation of this sleeping angelic munchkin and high tailed to the safe distance of the hall staircase to glare at this now heathen.

From that moment on she was known as Spook. When our roommate eventually came home to take her upstairs he tried to rename her or at least call her Spooky but Spook it was. As she grew up she would get several silly nicknames like pook, spoob, pook-a-nut, pookie, erat, peerat, skookum pookum, surepurrsalot and face rubby but she knew her name was spook and would come when she was called, walk around the block to do her business with Lucy the dog and was a great adopted sister to Max and they would instantly back each other up at anytime of day or night if any other cat thought they claim territory on their block.

This being my very favourite picture of Spook capturing all of the spirited kitty cat she was......

Spooooooooooook!!Spooooooooooook!!

Highlighted
LMP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

20190510_211055.jpg

Highlighted

@LMP  Oh, our cat would just LOVE to play with your critter!!! 😉 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LMP wrote:

20190510_211055.jpg

@LMP  OMG! So fluffy and cute! I don't know if I would be making any play dates anytime soon.

@CannonFodder  Your cat would play or make it "kitty-fodder"?