cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

I have been sitting back reading the banter back and forth between the Oracles and @RobertQc but I agree that a line has been crossed.  Wow! is all I can say to @RobertQc. These Oracles are amazing and spend so much time here, it's obvious it's not about the $$ for them.  I hope that the powers that be pay attention to this thread and make the good choice for the new Oracles!

Oracle

I don't consider myself locked in this position long term.  I still feel that I need to earn my position here and am doing what I can to maintain that status.  I think every three months is two short of time to make a judgement on what people will do longterm (a year).  The big thing is your statements are being purely based on the metrics of Bravos someone has received without even knowing how many hours they could be putting in behind the scenes.  There are only so many spots that PM has for Oracles not eveyone can get one.  People may get upset with that.   But your comments are making is sound like the Oracles really control who is or isn't an Oracle and that is far from the truth  "feel like a dictatorship to the people that are not you or your buddy"  

So yes people maybe angry they aren't an Oracle I guess that might come to point where they decide if they are here for the money or for helping people.  If it is for helping people they will continue to provide support and earn rewards as a bonus.  If they are here for the $20 and realize they may not get it I guess they may not show up anymore.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

I wasn’t going to comment, but I really wanted to say something about this.  This had been starting to look like some of my union executive meetings, but with one exception.  

In a union meeting, the executives are elected by the members of the union, and are held to account by the membership.

in this case, all of us are simply subscribers of the low budget cellular carrier, and the select few subscriber representatives are selected by the cellular company to help out, with ideas, forum decorum, and being the community leaders.

I’m torn how to side in this, but everyone needs to cool their jets.

Oracle

I will start a thread in The Lounge if people wish to discuss this further.  I will also be moving posts from here to there as they are not being used for nominations.  I should have done this earlier lol

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Jeez I was writing this and then a big red box said it was gone.

@RobertQc made one sentence of a lousy choice of words. But I happen to agree that it may be that Oracles might appear to be defending their status quo.

But then I also think that Oracles should be decided very carefully and then they should be open to review on an annual basis. But then another approach could be that turning over any number of Oracles every 3 months could be beneficial. Not the whole crew as that would create instability and discontinuity. And then even at 3 months maybe they would all continue on anyway.

Oracle

Re: Oracle Program discussion

@RobertQc wrote:

I did not make this thread. @ShawnC13 moved my post of nomination for change here because of all the responses that followed.

This does not change my nomination for change.

I think there are far more deserving people here than me but thank you for the mentions. @z10user4 @wetcoaster @computergeek541 @Dunkman  @Psygineer   and thank you for the bravo to said mentions @will13am @SD08 @srlawren

@Alan_K wrote: interested in providing honest feedback about how we are doing.

@Alan_K I might be outcasting myself here so get your pitch fork ready. While there are names I would really like to suggest, I will refrain as I think the oracle program should be revamped to prevent a repeat of the last year. This is not meant to personally call anyone out but its time for a wake up call. Some oracles hold the title, but did not do the work, had little to no participation but the program continues to "lock them in" as a higher power that walks among us

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Oracles-are-here/td-p/46853  "Every three months, we’ll look at the Community’s most active members and consider them for the Oracle program. Here are some tips to help you get noticed:"... But following the tips did nothing.

When public mobile was unable to do what they said with public labs (which was the best thing ever imo), they shut it down hard. Well... public mobile fell asleep on the oracle program, so clearly its time to rethink how one is held in such regard.  I am just spitballing here but maybe let a "magic formula" decide each month or two, to give a fair playing field for anyone. Or let the community decide. Maybe drop the lowest performing oracle each month. Something needs to be done. We need a change. This would also give you an extremely diverse suggestion base.

Diversity is what we need. Having the same people, give the same macro response is ok but you asked for "passionate". Sorry to say but the "passion" doesn't last forever and you need to take advantage of those that have passion while they still do. Because everyone loses steam sooner or later. The ones that have passion go unnoticed, the ones that had passion fade away and Simon the script bot might as well be an oracle.

Does anyone remember @LEGO ? I wonder if she would still be here if she ever got to touch the position I believe she would have earned. This may motivate not only the oracles that are fading away but may motivate others to see that something is actually possible to achieve.

Both @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 were incredible contributors for their time and that should not go unrecognized.  Thanks for your hard work.

Sorry @RobertQc, I couldn't supply the post and leave your nominations in there .I apologize for that.  Didn't notice that had happened until you tagged me here

Mayor / Maire

I tend to agree with the not-sure-why-this-thread-was-moved crowd

Which looks quite small but anyhow

I have seen tons of announcement threads get derailed in the past (and quite honestly I think I would be alot heavier with delete and ban hammer personally)

As to discussion a few frank points

Overall everyone fades over time

Fact of life

But trying to change Oracles quarterly (or worse developing a new secret formula to auto-nominate) is absurdity

Lots of Oracles (looking square @srlawren ) can certainly step down but still be very active members on this community

Lots of very well deserving members in old days were far more recognizable than newer ones despite having a fraction of the bravos/solutions/posts

If you are a sports team one needs only look at how expansion works

New team comes into league, and stats go through the roof because there simply are not enough talent to go around

Same thing happened here; we have some people getting more bravo in a month than used to be earned in a year

As well I have long maintained a conspiracy theory that some bravos are worth more than others. It's just how rankings play out.

As to rankings one name in particular has been thrown out to the wolves - Lego

Nothing against that person at all, but really they only cracked top posters 2 months (not 3 as @RobertQc claims) so in my op there are lots of more qualified candidates

Is Robert actually suggesting someone joins, gets a decent ranking and should insta-promote to an Oracle???

Lego is not even a Mayor yet, which is easily obtainable for regular poster

The only thing I will comment on the financial incentives is that those who need it the least tend to get the most rewards

I really think that (somehow) the Oracle rewards should be *SEPERATED* from the community rewards

Listing the Oracles as "top performers" every month is generating some hate it appears

The Oracles responsibilities are different and they should be reported as such

@kav2001c wrote:

The only thing I will comment on the financial incentives is that those who need it the least tend to get the most rewards

I really think that (somehow) the Oracle rewards should be *SEPERATED* from the community rewards

Listing the Oracles as "top performers" every month is generating some hate it appears

The Oracles responsibilities are different and they should be reported as such

I think that the "hate" is because the oracles automatically get more than everyone else, regardless of what they do that particular month, and even if they don't even log in.

Are the Oracles important members of this community?  Of course they are!  But what amount of automatic community reward is appropriate?  Should there maybe just be a $5 "oracle reward", but they maybe have jump into the deep end just as all the other members for the share of up to another $15 per month?   I don't have all the answers;  I'm simply stating a possibility so we can discuss/debate it.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541

Well, of course the other side of my coin is that by seperating Oracle rewards from Community rewards certain Oracles could easily get more total $$$ per month (if they qualified for both)

I dunno I just think there is something about posting them as top performers that generates some heat

It could happen that someone has 0 posts as they spend the month policing the boards and editing / removing troll posts

Just because the normal posters do not see it does not mean it does not happen

I am skeptical the Oracles even pay for their services anyways

Both of my primary lines on Public are basically free (if I post payment history screenshots I am sure to incur some wrath Cat LOL )

Even the line I added for father in law barely ever needs topping up

I am just sad my glitch line was cancelled (took over 2 years tho haha)

Koodo is a bit cooler with Mobile Masters as they are mailed free demo phones of new releases

Maybe that is best thing for Public to try and offer something other than simple bill credits

The Oracles do a lot of baby sitting, moving and modifying posts when topics get heated, spamming or flooding the forums with duplicate messages, and trying to keep some sort of order around here.  We,ve been lucky that we have Oracles from across all or most of the time zones, so that coverage outside of moderator work hours, to deal with these things.  The moderators used to do these functions, along with the support when I first joined, and the wait times, and resolutions were sub 12 hours.

without the Oracles assisting, and the continuous influx of very competent and knowledable subscribers here, the support in a large number of cases is fixed long before the Moderator_Team even responds.  We can firmly lay the blame on Telus for this, as they refuse to put money towards Public Mobile for fixing what we as subscribers see as important.  I pera9nally do not care that the support times are severely backlogged for myself, as I can resolve most of the issues on my own, and I do not rely solely on my mobile phone for communication.  My important contacts can reach me in multiple ways, as I can them.

The bickering needs to stop about how visible the work of the Oracles are - they do more behind the scenes in my opinion, that matters more, than having them in the forums solving issues the rest of us can.