cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: Oracle Program discussion


@ShawnC13 wrote:


@computergeek541, I can assure you that the Oracles do not go easy on PM or give them slack.  It may not be entirely visable out in the open community but I can tell you that in the Oracle section there is a lot of discussion about issues and we don't go easy on them.  I have been on a few conference calls and most of the time we are always commenting on how we need system improvements instead of new things being provided or new promos.  I am sure @srlawren@imm1304 even as retired members of the Oracle Team would agree to that statement.


@ShawnC13 2,874% agreed, yes.  I routinely used to complain about things and beg and plead for fixes and changes I thought were direly needed.  Again, the lack of action on these items is a large part of what lead me to step away from the oracle program.  The oracles in no way take it easy on PM behind the curtain.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised they didn't shut the program down like they did the lab--I'm guessing only because the discussions were mostly hidden from the community at large, and the oracles were (are) still useful as brand embassadors of a sort.  Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end here though.

 

 


@computergeek541 wrote:


I've noticed something that has come up a few times is Public Mobile assigning phone numbers to new customers that are already active and in use by someone else.  I'm sure that's just one example of something that needs to get fixed.  Controversy in the bravo and community reward system is something that's also sems to have been coming up more lately (at least in my opinion).


 @computergeek541 the former is a definite concern that should ideally never, ever happen. Fortunately, we don't see it come up often in the community, so I don't believe it's a widespread issue.  Also, I seem to recall in past instances that folks said they had had it happen or heard of it happening to people at other providers.  That doesn't make it right of course, but at least it doesn't sound like it's something that's systemic to PM.  The latter quite honestly, and this is going to be an unpopular statement, doesn't hold a lot of weight in my eyes.  Bravos and paltry community rewards?--I mean, there's better things to get upset about.  Like: activating with a phone number that someone else already has; renewal failing to work right and service cut off; activation errors; reactivation errors; lack of feedback when porting goes awry; and literally dozens of things more important than worrying about bravos and community rewards.  Just my two cents.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Re: Oracle Program discussion


@srlawren wrote:

 


@ShawnC13 2,874% agreed, yes.  I routinely used to complain about things and beg and plead for fixes and changes I thought were direly needed.  Again, the lack of action on these items is a large part of what lead me to step away from the oracle program.  The oracles in no way take it easy on PM behind the curtain.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised they didn't shut the program down like they did the lab--I'm guessing only because the discussions were mostly hidden from the community at large, and the oracles were (are) still useful as brand embassadors of a sort.  Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end here though.

 


I suppose one never really knows how it is to be an oracle until experiencing it first hand or asking one of them about it.  Should community members be afraid of the challenges of this position?  Or, is it more like "tell Public Mobile what you've found out from other customers and then it's up to them"?

 

I would imagine that oracles often receive messages in private from other members who would rather let Public Mobile about something anonymously?

 

I think many members might not understand the program, as evident from some of the complaints about the community rewards levels.  And to be quite honest, I'm not so sure if the job of the oracle is to continue to give answers and solutions, or if it's more of to quasi-moderate the message board.

 

 

 

Oracle

Re: Oracle Program discussion


@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

 


@ShawnC13 2,874% agreed, yes.  I routinely used to complain about things and beg and plead for fixes and changes I thought were direly needed.  Again, the lack of action on these items is a large part of what lead me to step away from the oracle program.  The oracles in no way take it easy on PM behind the curtain.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised they didn't shut the program down like they did the lab--I'm guessing only because the discussions were mostly hidden from the community at large, and the oracles were (are) still useful as brand embassadors of a sort.  Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end here though.

 


I suppose one never really knows how it is to be an oracle until experiencing it first hand or asking one of them about it.  Should community members be afraid of the challenges of this position?  Or, is it more like "tell Public Mobile what you've found out from other customers and then it's up to them"?

 

I would imagine that oracles often receive messages in private from other members who would rather let Public Mobile about something anonymously?

 

I think many members might not understand the program, as evident from some of the complaints about the community rewards levels.  And to be quite honest, I'm not so sure if the job of the oracle is to continue to give answers and solutions, or if it's more of to quasi-moderate the message board.

 

 

 


@computergeek541, I am always open to people messaging me and asking questions or needing something they want mentioned at the next level.  I don't think anyone should be afraid of the position but it was an eye opener for me as I saw what everyone else saw here supporting PM promoting it and then reading the discussions in the Oracle section where these issues are constantly brought up and asked for attention. One thing you would need to prepare yourself for is to be bringing items up over and over and not seeing action or some that is very slow.  I get a lot of PM's with people asking for help thinking I have more powers because there is a star by my name and I am sure the others do as well..  There are times I feel like I am banging my head against a wall but being totally honest I still truly enjoy being able to help people out and hope to see the issues get fixed and watching the company become mainstream.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Highlighted

Re: Oracle Program discussion


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

 


@ShawnC13 2,874% agreed, yes.  I routinely used to complain about things and beg and plead for fixes and changes I thought were direly needed.  Again, the lack of action on these items is a large part of what lead me to step away from the oracle program.  The oracles in no way take it easy on PM behind the curtain.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised they didn't shut the program down like they did the lab--I'm guessing only because the discussions were mostly hidden from the community at large, and the oracles were (are) still useful as brand embassadors of a sort.  Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end here though.

 


I suppose one never really knows how it is to be an oracle until experiencing it first hand or asking one of them about it.  Should community members be afraid of the challenges of this position?  Or, is it more like "tell Public Mobile what you've found out from other customers and then it's up to them"?

 

I would imagine that oracles often receive messages in private from other members who would rather let Public Mobile about something anonymously?

 

I think many members might not understand the program, as evident from some of the complaints about the community rewards levels.  And to be quite honest, I'm not so sure if the job of the oracle is to continue to give answers and solutions, or if it's more of to quasi-moderate the message board.

 

 

 


@computergeek541, I am always open to people messaging me and asking questions or needing something they want mentioned at the next level.  I don't think anyone should be afraid of the position but it was an eye opener for me as I saw what everyone else saw here supporting PM promoting it and then reading the discussions in the Oracle section where these issues are constantly brought up and asked for attention. One thing you would need to prepare yourself for is to be bringing items up over and over and not seeing action or some that is very slow.  I get a lot of PM's with people asking for help thinking I have more powers because there is a star by my name and I am sure the others do as well..  There are times I feel like I am banging my head against a wall but being totally honest I still truly enjoy being able to help people out and hope to see the issues get fixed and watching the company become mainstream.


Sounds like there can be some fruatrating repitition.  I know we have seen some improvements such as the ability to change plans when suspended, and I know they're working on something for account verification and the moderator messaging. Also, I haven't really heard about many problems with the future dated plan changes of late.  I can only imagine the amount of messages you get from customers thinking you work for Public Mobile because of oracle shooting star.  I already get those types of message on occasion just from appearing on the leaderboard and because of the mayor title.