cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Program discussion

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

I did not make this thread. @ShawnC13 moved my post of nomination for change here because of all the responses that followed.

This does not change my nomination for change.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Sorry @RobertQc, I couldn't supply the post and leave your nominations in there .I apologize for that.  Didn't notice that had happened until you tagged me here

@ShawnC13This feels very wrong. I think you should have moved every post after mine that was no longer on topic. You could have made a link. You could have put you as the OP and said "This is in response to RobertQc's post" with a quote. My post was on topic the rest following were not. I nominate diversity and change and as requested by PM team I was sharing my appreciation since I have read so many of their posts from our 2 retires. Just because some disagree with my vote doesn't mean it should be removed from the ballot box. Even if I am the only one that votes that way, its my vote. It doesn't give anyone the right to say it doesn't count by placing it in the trash errr I mean "the lounge". Lets try to remember @Alan_K mentioned passionate people providing honest feedback.

I have re-posted my nomination where it belongs, if it violates the terms of service or community guidlines then please let the @CS_Agent or someone that actually works at public mobile clear this up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there are far more deserving people here than me but thank you for the mentions. @Anonymous @wetcoaster @computergeek541 @Dunkman  @Psygineer   and thank you for the bravo to said mentions @will13am @SD08 @srlawren

@Alan_K wrote: interested in providing honest feedback about how we are doing.

@Alan_K I might be outcasting myself here so get your pitch fork ready. While there are names I would really like to suggest, I will refrain as I think the oracle program should be revamped to prevent a repeat of the last year. This is not meant to personally call anyone out but its time for a wake up call. Some oracles hold the title, but did not do the work, had little to no participation but the program continues to "lock them in" as a higher power that walks among us

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Oracles-are-here/td-p/46853  "Every three months, we’ll look at the Community’s most active members and consider them for the Oracle program. Here are some tips to help you get noticed:"... But following the tips did nothing.

When public mobile was unable to do what they said with public labs (which was the best thing ever imo), they shut it down hard. Well... public mobile fell asleep on the oracle program, so clearly its time to rethink how one is held in such regard.  I am just spitballing here but maybe let a "magic formula" decide each month or two, to give a fair playing field for anyone. Or let the community decide. Maybe drop the lowest performing oracle each month. Something needs to be done. We need a change. This would also give you an extremely diverse suggestion base.

Diversity is what we need. Having the same people, give the same macro response is ok but you asked for "passionate". Sorry to say but the "passion" doesn't last forever and you need to take advantage of those that have passion while they still do. Because everyone loses steam sooner or later. The ones that have passion go unnoticed, the ones that had passion fade away and Simon the script bot might as well be an oracle.

Does anyone remember @LEGO ? I wonder if she would still be here if she ever got to touch the position I believe she would have earned. This may motivate not only the oracles that are fading away but may motivate others to see that something is actually possible to achieve.

Both @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 were incredible contributors for their time and that should not go unrecognized.  Thanks for your hard work.

43 REPLIES 43

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 2,874% agreed, yes.  I routinely used to complain about things and beg and plead for fixes and changes I thought were direly needed.  Again, the lack of action on these items is a large part of what lead me to step away from the oracle program.  The oracles in no way take it easy on PM behind the curtain.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised they didn't shut the program down like they did the lab--I'm guessing only because the discussions were mostly hidden from the community at large, and the oracles were (are) still useful as brand embassadors of a sort.  Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end here though.

I suppose one never really knows how it is to be an oracle until experiencing it first hand or asking one of them about it.  Should community members be afraid of the challenges of this position?  Or, is it more like "tell Public Mobile what you've found out from other customers and then it's up to them"?

I would imagine that oracles often receive messages in private from other members who would rather let Public Mobile about something anonymously?

I think many members might not understand the program, as evident from some of the complaints about the community rewards levels.  And to be quite honest, I'm not so sure if the job of the oracle is to continue to give answers and solutions, or if it's more of to quasi-moderate the message board.

@computergeek541, I am always open to people messaging me and asking questions or needing something they want mentioned at the next level.  I don't think anyone should be afraid of the position but it was an eye opener for me as I saw what everyone else saw here supporting PM promoting it and then reading the discussions in the Oracle section where these issues are constantly brought up and asked for attention. One thing you would need to prepare yourself for is to be bringing items up over and over and not seeing action or some that is very slow.  I get a lot of PM's with people asking for help thinking I have more powers because there is a star by my name and I am sure the others do as well..  There are times I feel like I am banging my head against a wall but being totally honest I still truly enjoy being able to help people out and hope to see the issues get fixed and watching the company become mainstream.

Sounds like there can be some fruatrating repitition.  I know we have seen some improvements such as the ability to change plans when suspended, and I know they're working on something for account verification and the moderator messaging. Also, I haven't really heard about many problems with the future dated plan changes of late.  I can only imagine the amount of messages you get from customers thinking you work for Public Mobile because of oracle shooting star.  I already get those types of message on occasion just from appearing on the leaderboard and because of the mayor title.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 2,874% agreed, yes.  I routinely used to complain about things and beg and plead for fixes and changes I thought were direly needed.  Again, the lack of action on these items is a large part of what lead me to step away from the oracle program.  The oracles in no way take it easy on PM behind the curtain.  To be completely honest, I'm surprised they didn't shut the program down like they did the lab--I'm guessing only because the discussions were mostly hidden from the community at large, and the oracles were (are) still useful as brand embassadors of a sort.  Maybe i'm talking out of my rear end here though.

I suppose one never really knows how it is to be an oracle until experiencing it first hand or asking one of them about it.  Should community members be afraid of the challenges of this position?  Or, is it more like "tell Public Mobile what you've found out from other customers and then it's up to them"?

I would imagine that oracles often receive messages in private from other members who would rather let Public Mobile about something anonymously?

I think many members might not understand the program, as evident from some of the complaints about the community rewards levels.  And to be quite honest, I'm not so sure if the job of the oracle is to continue to give answers and solutions, or if it's more of to quasi-moderate the message board.

@computergeek541, I am always open to people messaging me and asking questions or needing something they want mentioned at the next level.  I don't think anyone should be afraid of the position but it was an eye opener for me as I saw what everyone else saw here supporting PM promoting it and then reading the discussions in the Oracle section where these issues are constantly brought up and asked for attention. One thing you would need to prepare yourself for is to be bringing items up over and over and not seeing action or some that is very slow.  I get a lot of PM's with people asking for help thinking I have more powers because there is a star by my name and I am sure the others do as well..  There are times I feel like I am banging my head against a wall but being totally honest I still truly enjoy being able to help people out and hope to see the issues get fixed and watching the company become mainstream.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@computergeek541, I can assure you that the Oracles do not go easy on PM or give them slack.  It may not be entirely visable out in the open community but I can tell you that in the Oracle section there is a lot of discussion about issues and we don't go easy on them.  I have been on a few conference calls and most of the time we are always commenting on how we need system improvements instead of new things being provided or new promos.  I am sure @srlawren@imm1304 even as retired members of the Oracle Team would agree to that statement.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I've noticed something that has come up a few times is Public Mobile assigning phone numbers to new customers that are already active and in use by someone else.  I'm sure that's just one example of something that needs to get fixed.  Controversy in the bravo and community reward system is something that's also sems to have been coming up more lately (at least in my opinion).

@computergeek541 the former is a definite concern that should ideally never, ever happen. Fortunately, we don't see it come up often in the community, so I don't believe it's a widespread issue.  Also, I seem to recall in past instances that folks said they had had it happen or heard of it happening to people at other providers.  That doesn't make it right of course, but at least it doesn't sound like it's something that's systemic to PM.  The latter quite honestly, and this is going to be an unpopular statement, doesn't hold a lot of weight in my eyes.  Bravos and paltry community rewards?--I mean, there's better things to get upset about.  Like: activating with a phone number that someone else already has; renewal failing to work right and service cut off; activation errors; reactivation errors; lack of feedback when porting goes awry; and literally dozens of things more important than worrying about bravos and community rewards.  Just my two cents.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@computergeek541, I can assure you that the Oracles do not go easy on PM or give them slack.  It may not be entirely visable out in the open community but I can tell you that in the Oracle section there is a lot of discussion about issues and we don't go easy on them.  I have been on a few conference calls and most of the time we are always commenting on how we need system improvements instead of new things being provided or new promos.  I am sure @srlawren@imm1304 even as retired members of the Oracle Team would agree to that statement.

Maybe, "slack" is a bad choice of words by me.  I've noticed something that has come up a few times is Public Mobile assigning phone numbers to new customers that are already active and in use by someone else.  I'm sure that's just one example of something that needs to get fixed.  Controversy in the bravo and community reward system is something that's also sems to have been coming up more lately (at least in my opinion).

@computergeek541 wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

Oracle is the highest title one can achieve in this community.  Its meant to be more of a recognition/reward for being consistently great in the community.  It brings honor to the person as a proven expert with experience that only time can bring.  One has to prove self worthy of this promotion by remaining active in the community for at least a year.. so a lot of the hard work already went in during the previous year for any new Oracle who is starting today.

Its logical that anyone who has earned the title is likely to stick around longer and prove reliable.  How often PM choses new Oracles is up to them.  We, the customers, came in for the PM experience and enjoy the ride and take the rewards that are on offer.  This is my view.. I share honest feedback when asked but I never feel entitled to dictate terms to PM.  

I said before in a different thread that I believe that part of the oracle program is marketing technique.  I do believe that as it provides Public Mobile to advertise up to $20 off. 

Also, I think it a way, it provides Public Mobile a chance to earn some loyalty from a long-time member/customer.  This loyalty doesn't always mean agreeing with everything that Public Mobile says and does, but it's probably not a secret that someone paying less for the service might have a better opinion about the company, and might be slightly more willing to give Public Mobile some slack when it comes to mistakes that are made or any slowness in improvements.  When a company doesn't spend that much on advertising, word-of-mouth can be even more important, and the company wants to try to make some of the longer serving customers have at least somewhat of a favorable opinion of the company and service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren wrote:

it serves a few purposes.  As you noted, it's a reward they can advertise to entice new customers.  It's also a way to get and keep their customers engaged and interested in the brand on an ongoing basis (rather than activate and forget about it, like most do with most providers). 

It's also an extremely, extremely inexpencive way to get a ton of crowd-sourced triage and support from community members.  Imagine if they had to pay enough moderators their full wages to keep up with all the disucssion in the community and do all the basic troubleshooting and answering general questions and so on that we do before referring people to contact the modertator team as it exists today?  I tend to think those extra wages added up even over a few days would very quickly offset the monthly sum of community rewards paid out to us customers. 

The $20 Oracle payout is nothing compared to what it would cost Public Mobile to pay an employee to answer basic questions.  Perhaps Public Mobile can raise the base rate from $0.05/hour to $1/hr.  LOL.

Even with the complete payout of community rewards for everyone, it's peanuts.  There's likely a set amount set aside as a marketing expense.  Ironically, even though the increased community rate payout amounts of late meant that regular members often received more than they did before, I got the distinct impression that was compensated for by reducing the amount of people who received said rewards.

The funny thing is that when I first joined during Fall Promo 2016, things were going very smoothly.  I believe it was really only the last week or so and after the official end date that things turned into chaos.

srlawren

@computergeek541 @imm1304 it serves a few purposes.  As you noted, it's a reward they can advertise to entice new customers.  It's also a way to get and keep their customers engaged and interested in the brand on an ongoing basis (rather than activate and forget about it, like most do with most providers).  It's also an extremely, extremely inexpencive way to get a ton of crowd-sourced triage and support from community members.  Imagine if they had to pay enough moderators their full wages to keep up with all the disucssion in the community and do all the basic troubleshooting and answering general questions and so on that we do before referring people to contact the modertator team as it exists today?  I tend to think those extra wages added up even over a few days would very quickly offset the monthly sum of community rewards paid out to us customers.  For Public Mobile, it's almost entirely win,win,win!  WIth very little downside.  In fact, in times when there is a "a few hours" rather than "a few days" turnaround time on requests that actually need moderator involvement, the community support model works exceedingly smoothly here.  I miss those days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@imm1304 wrote:

Oracle is the highest title one can achieve in this community.  Its meant to be more of a recognition/reward for being consistently great in the community.  It brings honor to the person as a proven expert with experience that only time can bring.  One has to prove self worthy of this promotion by remaining active in the community for at least a year.. so a lot of the hard work already went in during the previous year for any new Oracle who is starting today.

Its logical that anyone who has earned the title is likely to stick around longer and prove reliable.  How often PM choses new Oracles is up to them.  We, the customers, came in for the PM experience and enjoy the ride and take the rewards that are on offer.  This is my view.. I share honest feedback when asked but I never feel entitled to dictate terms to PM.  

I said before in a different thread that I believe that part of the oracle program is marketing technique.  I do believe that as it provides Public Mobile to advertise up to $20 off. 

Also, I think it a way, it provides Public Mobile a chance to earn some loyalty from a long-time member/customer.  This loyalty doesn't always mean agreeing with everything that Public Mobile says and does, but it's probably not a secret that someone paying less for the service might have a better opinion about the company, and might be slightly more willing to give Public Mobile some slack when it comes to mistakes that are made or any slowness in improvements.  When a company doesn't spend that much on advertising, word-of-mouth can be even more important, and the company wants to try to make some of the longer serving customers have at least somewhat of a favorable opinion of the company and service.

@imm1304 wrote:

@imm1304No one sais it better than you.

imm1304

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541

Well, of course the other side of my coin is that by seperating Oracle rewards from Community rewards certain Oracles could easily get more total $$$ per month (if they qualified for both)

I dunno I just think there is something about posting them as top performers that generates some heat

It could happen that someone has 0 posts as they spend the month policing the boards and editing / removing troll posts

Just because the normal posters do not see it does not mean it does not happen

I am skeptical the Oracles even pay for their services anyways

Both of my primary lines on Public are basically free (if I post payment history screenshots I am sure to incur some wrath Cat LOL )

Even the line I added for father in law barely ever needs topping up

I am just sad my glitch line was cancelled (took over 2 years tho haha)

Koodo is a bit cooler with Mobile Masters as they are mailed free demo phones of new releases

Maybe that is best thing for Public to try and offer something other than simple bill credits

Oracles are listed in that announcement but aren't listed as top performers. That is the Top 1%.  I do pay for my plan.  It with rewards it is very cheap and with referral rewards it has my cost covered for a bit but I do still have a 90 day phone bill when those credits run out.

@kav2001c wrote:

Oh another very valid suggestion:

Oracles should be living in different time zones

Having 4 Oracles all in Toronto area is useless for late night / early mornings

Get some Atlantic provinces and BC in the mix

@kav2001c, we are split.  @NDesai and myself are BC and @Luddite and @will13am are ON.  imm1304 and Rockdaddy were also ON

Oh another very valid suggestion:

Oracles should be living in different time zones

Having 4 Oracles all in Toronto area is useless for late night / early mornings

Get some Atlantic provinces and BC in the mix

The Oracles do a lot of baby sitting, moving and modifying posts when topics get heated, spamming or flooding the forums with duplicate messages, and trying to keep some sort of order around here.  We,ve been lucky that we have Oracles from across all or most of the time zones, so that coverage outside of moderator work hours, to deal with these things.  The moderators used to do these functions, along with the support when I first joined, and the wait times, and resolutions were sub 12 hours.

without the Oracles assisting, and the continuous influx of very competent and knowledable subscribers here, the support in a large number of cases is fixed long before the Moderator_Team even responds.  We can firmly lay the blame on Telus for this, as they refuse to put money towards Public Mobile for fixing what we as subscribers see as important.  I pera9nally do not care that the support times are severely backlogged for myself, as I can resolve most of the issues on my own, and I do not rely solely on my mobile phone for communication.  My important contacts can reach me in multiple ways, as I can them.

The bickering needs to stop about how visible the work of the Oracles are - they do more behind the scenes in my opinion, that matters more, than having them in the forums solving issues the rest of us can.

@computergeek541

Well, of course the other side of my coin is that by seperating Oracle rewards from Community rewards certain Oracles could easily get more total $$$ per month (if they qualified for both)

I dunno I just think there is something about posting them as top performers that generates some heat

It could happen that someone has 0 posts as they spend the month policing the boards and editing / removing troll posts

Just because the normal posters do not see it does not mean it does not happen

I am skeptical the Oracles even pay for their services anyways

Both of my primary lines on Public are basically free (if I post payment history screenshots I am sure to incur some wrath Cat LOL )

Even the line I added for father in law barely ever needs topping up

I am just sad my glitch line was cancelled (took over 2 years tho haha)

Koodo is a bit cooler with Mobile Masters as they are mailed free demo phones of new releases

Maybe that is best thing for Public to try and offer something other than simple bill credits

@kav2001c wrote:

The only thing I will comment on the financial incentives is that those who need it the least tend to get the most rewards

I really think that (somehow) the Oracle rewards should be *SEPERATED* from the community rewards

Listing the Oracles as "top performers" every month is generating some hate it appears

The Oracles responsibilities are different and they should be reported as such

I think that the "hate" is because the oracles automatically get more than everyone else, regardless of what they do that particular month, and even if they don't even log in.

Are the Oracles important members of this community?  Of course they are!  But what amount of automatic community reward is appropriate?  Should there maybe just be a $5 "oracle reward", but they maybe have jump into the deep end just as all the other members for the share of up to another $15 per month?   I don't have all the answers;  I'm simply stating a possibility so we can discuss/debate it.

I tend to agree with the not-sure-why-this-thread-was-moved crowd

Which looks quite small but anyhow

I have seen tons of announcement threads get derailed in the past (and quite honestly I think I would be alot heavier with delete and ban hammer personally)

As to discussion a few frank points

Overall everyone fades over time

Fact of life

But trying to change Oracles quarterly (or worse developing a new secret formula to auto-nominate) is absurdity

Lots of Oracles (looking square @srlawren ) can certainly step down but still be very active members on this community

Lots of very well deserving members in old days were far more recognizable than newer ones despite having a fraction of the bravos/solutions/posts

If you are a sports team one needs only look at how expansion works

New team comes into league, and stats go through the roof because there simply are not enough talent to go around

Same thing happened here; we have some people getting more bravo in a month than used to be earned in a year

As well I have long maintained a conspiracy theory that some bravos are worth more than others. It's just how rankings play out.

As to rankings one name in particular has been thrown out to the wolves - Lego

Nothing against that person at all, but really they only cracked top posters 2 months (not 3 as @RobertQc claims) so in my op there are lots of more qualified candidates

Is Robert actually suggesting someone joins, gets a decent ranking and should insta-promote to an Oracle???

Lego is not even a Mayor yet, which is easily obtainable for regular poster

The only thing I will comment on the financial incentives is that those who need it the least tend to get the most rewards

I really think that (somehow) the Oracle rewards should be *SEPERATED* from the community rewards

Listing the Oracles as "top performers" every month is generating some hate it appears

The Oracles responsibilities are different and they should be reported as such

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

I did not make this thread. @ShawnC13 moved my post of nomination for change here because of all the responses that followed.

This does not change my nomination for change.

I think there are far more deserving people here than me but thank you for the mentions. @Anonymous @wetcoaster @computergeek541 @Dunkman  @Psygineer   and thank you for the bravo to said mentions @will13am @SD08 @srlawren

@Alan_K wrote: interested in providing honest feedback about how we are doing.

@Alan_K I might be outcasting myself here so get your pitch fork ready. While there are names I would really like to suggest, I will refrain as I think the oracle program should be revamped to prevent a repeat of the last year. This is not meant to personally call anyone out but its time for a wake up call. Some oracles hold the title, but did not do the work, had little to no participation but the program continues to "lock them in" as a higher power that walks among us

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Oracles-are-here/td-p/46853  "Every three months, we’ll look at the Community’s most active members and consider them for the Oracle program. Here are some tips to help you get noticed:"... But following the tips did nothing.

When public mobile was unable to do what they said with public labs (which was the best thing ever imo), they shut it down hard. Well... public mobile fell asleep on the oracle program, so clearly its time to rethink how one is held in such regard.  I am just spitballing here but maybe let a "magic formula" decide each month or two, to give a fair playing field for anyone. Or let the community decide. Maybe drop the lowest performing oracle each month. Something needs to be done. We need a change. This would also give you an extremely diverse suggestion base.

Diversity is what we need. Having the same people, give the same macro response is ok but you asked for "passionate". Sorry to say but the "passion" doesn't last forever and you need to take advantage of those that have passion while they still do. Because everyone loses steam sooner or later. The ones that have passion go unnoticed, the ones that had passion fade away and Simon the script bot might as well be an oracle.

Does anyone remember @LEGO ? I wonder if she would still be here if she ever got to touch the position I believe she would have earned. This may motivate not only the oracles that are fading away but may motivate others to see that something is actually possible to achieve.

Both @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 were incredible contributors for their time and that should not go unrecognized.  Thanks for your hard work.

Sorry @RobertQc, I couldn't supply the post and leave your nominations in there .I apologize for that.  Didn't notice that had happened until you tagged me here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez I was writing this and then a big red box said it was gone.

@RobertQc made one sentence of a lousy choice of words. But I happen to agree that it may be that Oracles might appear to be defending their status quo.

But then I also think that Oracles should be decided very carefully and then they should be open to review on an annual basis. But then another approach could be that turning over any number of Oracles every 3 months could be beneficial. Not the whole crew as that would create instability and discontinuity. And then even at 3 months maybe they would all continue on anyway.

I will start a thread in The Lounge if people wish to discuss this further.  I will also be moving posts from here to there as they are not being used for nominations.  I should have done this earlier lol

I wasn’t going to comment, but I really wanted to say something about this.  This had been starting to look like some of my union executive meetings, but with one exception.  

In a union meeting, the executives are elected by the members of the union, and are held to account by the membership.

in this case, all of us are simply subscribers of the low budget cellular carrier, and the select few subscriber representatives are selected by the cellular company to help out, with ideas, forum decorum, and being the community leaders.

I’m torn how to side in this, but everyone needs to cool their jets.

I don't consider myself locked in this position long term.  I still feel that I need to earn my position here and am doing what I can to maintain that status.  I think every three months is two short of time to make a judgement on what people will do longterm (a year).  The big thing is your statements are being purely based on the metrics of Bravos someone has received without even knowing how many hours they could be putting in behind the scenes.  There are only so many spots that PM has for Oracles not eveyone can get one.  People may get upset with that.   But your comments are making is sound like the Oracles really control who is or isn't an Oracle and that is far from the truth  "feel like a dictatorship to the people that are not you or your buddy"  

So yes people maybe angry they aren't an Oracle I guess that might come to point where they decide if they are here for the money or for helping people.  If it is for helping people they will continue to provide support and earn rewards as a bonus.  If they are here for the $20 and realize they may not get it I guess they may not show up anymore.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have been sitting back reading the banter back and forth between the Oracles and @RobertQc but I agree that a line has been crossed.  Wow! is all I can say to @RobertQc. These Oracles are amazing and spend so much time here, it's obvious it's not about the $$ for them.  I hope that the powers that be pay attention to this thread and make the good choice for the new Oracles!

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc are you really insinuating that the oracles are like dictators?  that they're corrupt and trying to maintain their power and massive payouts?  [massive was meant to be very sarcastic here.]

Come on man, get down off your high horse.  Good lord.  This is an online community for customers helping other customers of a discount cellular service provider.  This ain't comuist [insert your favourite comunist country name here]!!!  You've floored me with that last response, in a bad way.  Please go give your head a shake EDIT: and get over yourself.  Sheesh.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RobertQc, I think you have gone over the line calling this a dictatorship.  I had explained how I wondered if I would make oracle if there were changes going to be made but I still came and helped out.  We have tried to give you a bigger picture of what goes on with the Oracles and that it just isn't what everyone sees here.  Not everyone can hold the Position of Oracle so I am sure there will always be some unhappy people. But people come to this provider for  low cost cell service.  The rewards area  bonus

lol wow... I really think you misunderstand my point, my point is that when the opinion of being able to secure the position long term is coming mostly from those in that position which makes up a fraction of the community it could be easily misconstrued and feel like a dictatorship to the people that are not you or your buddy. I am not trying to call you a dictator but want you to understand what it feels like for someone outside of the inner circle and if that pushes your buttons something might be wrong there and sorry you feel that way but it was meant for you to see another side of things.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc

@Dude...don't fry your @$$ on those bridges you lit up behind you.

Sometimes ones brutal honesty needs to remain unsaid.

Or face the backlash you're now getting.

Either that or an excellent anti-campaign to become an Oracle.

@AnonymousI don't want to be an oracle. I just wanted another side of the story to be said which seems to make people angry ... but I thought it would have some take a step back and and look at it from a different pair or shoes and say, hey sh*t maybe it does kind of feel unfair to some.... I didn't mean to light all the bridges up but I guess I did. Can't take it back now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc

Dude...don't fry your @$$ on those bridges you lit up behind you.

Sometimes ones brutal honesty needs to remain unsaid.

Or face the backlash you're now getting.

Either that or an excellent anti-campaign to become an Oracle.

@RobertQc wrote:

@NDesaiIt would not be unreasonable to say that the opinions of oracles are somewhat biased towards this, maybe not intentional but the boss doesn't say lets make it easy to have my position switched with a low level employee and strip away my badge, office and salary. The ones on top don't want to make it easier to have their positions replaced and can come up with many logical reasons as they have an understanding and picture of behind the scenes that I and almost every other other user here lacks. So I don't think its completely fair to say. It's 99.99% of the masses whos voice counts as nothing because 0.01% says its so. Its more of a dictatorship than anything.

@RobertQc, I think you have gone over the line calling this a dictatorship.  I had explained how I wondered if I would make oracle if there were changes going to be made but I still came and helped out.  We have tried to give you a bigger picture of what goes on with the Oracles and that it just isn't what everyone sees here.  Not everyone can hold the Position of Oracle so I am sure there will always be some unhappy people. But people come to this provider for  low cost cell service.  The rewards are a bonus

srlawren

@RobertQc are you really insinuating that the oracles are like dictators?  that they're corrupt and trying to maintain their power and massive payouts?  [massive was meant to be very sarcastic here.]

Come on man, get down off your high horse.  Good lord.  This is an online community for customers helping other customers of a discount cellular service provider.  This ain't comuist [insert your favourite comunist country name here]!!!  You've floored me with that last response, in a bad way.  Please go give your head a shake EDIT: and get over yourself.  Sheesh.

@NDesaiIt would not be unreasonable to say that the opinions of oracles are somewhat biased towards this, maybe not intentional but the boss doesn't say lets make it easy to have my position switched with a low level employee and strip away my badge, office and salary. The ones on top don't want to make it easier to have their positions replaced and can come up with many logical reasons as they have an understanding and picture of behind the scenes that I and almost every other other user here lacks. So I don't think its completely fair to say. It's 99.99% of the masses whos voice counts as nothing because 0.01% says its so. Its more of a dictatorship than anything.

@RobertQc We totally understand your point of view. But i would have to disagree with a lot of points you made. Most are well argued by Shawn, and the most important one is that our commitment to the community is a bit different. We don't always post and that does not mean we are not around. As mentioned by Shawn, there are areas we regularly participate in which goes unseen. On top of that, stuff happens in life, and not everyone can continue to participate at the same level. 

All things Oracles are part of, i have to agree with others that constant change of Oracles is not a good idea. Sure it will help with different opinions and what not, but it will be difficult to manage from a view of the PM team. 

This Oracle program was introduced a while back by staff who are no longer with Public Mobile. They set certain rules on whatever they thought was right at the beginning. I am sure they barely had any idea on how this program will run through out years and how they will utilize Oracles. Now they have some ideas, and we know how Oracles are being utilized. Based on that i agree that the wording of "three months" should be changed or removed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.