cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6 REPLIES 6

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For those who value their privacy, here's a quote from someone can't remember who:

When I go to the public bathroom stall, everyone knows what I'm doing, but that doesn't mean I don't close the door.

This quote seperates shows why most humans value privacy and why animals don't care, so to all the pigs in government trying to groom society to tolerate invasions into our privacy, they are trying to normalize the voilation of our privacy by using sercurity as an excuse.

Privacy apps help protect our privacy from pigs and thieves, Signal Private Messenger is endorsed by Edward Snowden, DuckDuckGo is a privacy serch engine and browser alternative to google, Tutanota and ProtonMail are privacy email alternatives to outlook and google etc, TunnelBear and ProtonVPN and OpenVpn are free VNPs - all these privacy apps are free and created for free use by others that belive in supporting and encouraging the Worldwide Privacy Movement.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/online-security-101-how-to-protect-your-privacy-from-hackers-spies-and-the-government/

Very interesting, but also kind of depressing that privacy no longer seems to be taken for granted and hasn't been for while.  All these freebie apps we all love and rely upon do come at a cost I guess.

One could argue that before the apps, before the OS comes the cell phone itself. For as long as the phone is on and not on airplane mode, it's a full time tracker. Who knows what the cell providers are doing with all that data. CSIS. RCMP. Monitoring the inputs to the mic even.

Hold on...there...tin foil fastened. 🙂

Never leave my home without mine 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/online-security-101-how-to-protect-your-privacy-from-hackers-spies-and...

Very interesting, but also kind of depressing that privacy no longer seems to be taken for granted and hasn't been for while.  All these freebie apps we all love and rely upon do come at a cost I guess.

One could argue that before the apps, before the OS comes the cell phone itself. For as long as the phone is on and not on airplane mode, it's a full time tracker. Who knows what the cell providers are doing with all that data. CSIS. RCMP. Monitoring the inputs to the mic even.

Hold on...there...tin foil fastened. 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/online-security-101-how-to-protect-your-privacy-from-hackers-spies-and...

I've moved this thread to The Louunge as it is not specific to Public Mobile, nor to cell phone services. The article is interesting though.  Thanks for sharing with us.

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Excellent article!
Need Help? Let's chat.