cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month experience :-)

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've been a PM client for one month and thought I'd give my experience for anyone thinking of joining. I tried to get a sim card at Walmart but first thing out of their mouth was “oh you don't want that, there are too many problems” Then they tried to sign me up with Freedom mobile which I knew beforehand does not have nearly the cell coverage. Finally as I was still asking for a simple PM sim card they said I'd need to sign up there. I went to Wow mobile close by and got my sim card without hassle.

Went home with the PM sim and activation online was easy if you pay attention and have all the information you need ahead of time such as your current mobile account number. Porting from Bell happened in hours and I was finally away from their expensive plans which I needed to shut down ASAP. All this and I didn't even have a phone yet which arrived a week later. Sim goes in and bingo I'm making calls and sending text.

I will say between Walmart staff trying to scare me off and reading the PM forum with problems I was a little nervous but hey, $10 sim and a $10 plan so not much to lose and if it works I'm way way ahead on money saved. I actually did work it out and the money saved will pay for my new phone in 7 months, after that it's all in my wallet, lol. Before the auto pay happens at the end of 30 days you get a text telling you of the due date and when auto pay is complete you get another text with confirmation.

As for no phone support, my experience with Bell was their first concern seemed to be up selling you something and lets not forget the long on hold times. The PM forum has been a wealth of knowledge and a place for me to go and even ask a question just about my phone and not even a PM concern so how great is that. Absolute great bunch of people on the forum. I realize now that you go on the forum and it's all this doesn't work and that doesn't work so I thought I'd let people thinking about Public mobile know my experience. Bottom line I actually like the self serve forum idea and have learned things I didn't even know I should.

Cheers to all the members.

1 REPLY 1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lar, thanks for the good news story.  We need some of these from time to time here.  People contemplating moving to Public Mobile need to be mindful that this is a help forum and as such the majority if not all of the posts are about customers having issues and needing support.  A counter intuitive view is that as long as there are new customer seeking help suggests the product is good and people want it.  Along the way, things do happen but they eventually get fixed.  The sweetness of low price is hopefully not long forgotten...

Need Help? Let's chat.