cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Incoming international text message

Anda100
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Hi All,

I am not able to receive SMS and OTP's from international numbers. I am not getting OTP from my bank particularly and also asked my brother to send message from England to verify incoming text message but failed .

Can some one help me to setup this issues.

i even tried below options with no results

1. recycling power on my mobile.

2. turned on/off flight mode

3. tried sim with different mobiles

Thanks,

Ash

12 REPLIES 12

@Anda100 

Try disabling iMessage or RCS (if your phone uses them). 2FAs from banks and governments and corps always use boring old plaintext SMS.

It might have never been a problem before - and it might be difficult to test or troubleshoot - if everyone you normally interact with across texts also happens to use the same enhanced-protocol devices and apps.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anda100  shortcode from other countries might not come to us.  It is not PM problem.  

but you said you didn't get sms from friends overseas? that can be a problem.  You checked with CS Agent yet?

@Anda100   Yeah, does seems strange if it's two different countries.  You other option is to have PM take a look at your account to rule out anything on their end by submitting a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Anda100

?? 2 different service provider from 2 different countries . both having similar problem

@Anda100   If you just ported your number within a day or two, it could take couple days for SMS is fully functional.  Some providers need more time to learn that you ported your number to another provider and route the text to you correctly.  I suggest you to wait another couple days and ask your brother to try again and it should work 

@Anda100   Sounds like the issue is with the other side and not with PM if you're able to send?

edited: wrong word

Anda100

No. i am with PM since 2019

Anda100

my outgoing international text is working as he received my text. verified ,he did saved my number as +1-number and also with 001-. still not working/delivering.

@Anda100   did you just port your number into PM?  If so, how long you ported the number?

Anda100

Yes . I could able to receive message from my other number. 

my brother sent text to my PM and other network number. i did received message on other number but not on PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anda100   

First of all, can you receiving regular incoming text from other in Canada?

A lot of the time, those international  OTP /short code cannot be received.  It is a problem on the sender side and not receiver ends. (Not a PM problem and certainly not yours).  Those are systems generated message and it depends on how the sender system setup.  Usually it is a cost issue and that's why they don't set it up

For regular SMS, text that actually sent from phones, usually it should work.  How your brother send you the text?  Maybe he didn't enter it correctly?  He needs to  text 00 followed by the country code without the first 0, then the area code and then the phone number and press send.  So, if he is sending to 416-123-4567, he needs to enter 0014161234567

Or you can try to send him first and let he reply.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Anda100    PM doesn't support all shortcodes from international banks, however, you should be able to send and receive SMS/MMS practically from anywhere in the world. (edit: while in Canada).

Maybe trying clearing your SMS cache, or try a network reset too. 

Need Help? Let's chat.