cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Promo

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My wife wants to switch to PM but missed out on that last great promo ($10 off for 8 months)

Anyone have any inside info on when the next great promo might happen?

7 REPLIES 7

@Gerry_P 

It seems that the year of the rat promotion finished and public mobile squirrelled away any plans for a promotion for all of February and now into the second of March they are offering nary a bone to entice customers despite numerous promotions by their competitors. It's been bone dry....similar to last summer's drought of promotions. However the introduction of the marketing team in the announcements hinted at something big happening in March so let's hope that's more than an oversized bunny with a basketful of coloured eggs and more like a milk chocolate golden egg full of surprisingly sweet savings on plans and promotions.

Gwenel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Brilliant.  Simple great advice.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Go on Public Mobile Plan page, setup email alart then you will have a email before every promotion.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P

There's usually lots of little flash sales ("this weekend only!") when business is slow before quarterly report periods, especially in the latter half of the tax year, usually worth about ten bucks (one way or another) but completely random.

There's usually some kind of good promo every season, typically around major holidays, usually worth a few GB data or second month free or whatever, but again not really predictable.

There's always a great promo when PM needs to respond vs a compelling competitor promo, ongoing data bucket or discounted plan rate for an extended period, some kind of ultra-cheap plan, some kind of ultra-juicy thick plan, something good. Invariably for new customers only. Still impossible to anticipate PM's exact promo scheduling but it is sometimes possible to predict by observing when a competitor is staging up something big.

PM now seems wary of offering multiple simultaneous promos. I think because too many people always push and pester the limits, too many fairly clear explanations need to be painfully clarified and repeated too often, and too many people always seem to end up disappointed anyhow. So just not worth the hassles, better avoided altogether unless prompted by the competition.

@Sarlye gives good advice - have a PM SIM card ready to cash in when you see a good deal. Retailer vendors seem to run out of them during killer promos and online vendors seem unable to deliver in timely fashion when demand is high. At worst you get a free $0 PM SIM card from promo and the $10 PM SIM card you bought can be given away to a referral (meaning the $10+ will pay for itself).

But also evaluate how much you pay now vs how much you would pay on PM instead. If the difference is significant then just join PM now because a month or two savings might be worth more than the $25(ish) value a promo might eventually provide.

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I would suggest have a SIM card ready in case it’s one of those flash sales for 24 hours. $10 for the SIM is a small price to be prepare.

@Gerry_P wrote:

My wife wants to switch to PM but missed out on that last great promo ($10 off for 8 months)

If if people know, they're not going to say. They're not going to risk losing their jobs.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gerry_P wrote:

@Gerry_P unfortunately no.  Your best bet is to watch the Announcements are of the community, as that's where they all are announced.  You may also want to review this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.