cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New-fangled mobile phone

@z10user4 

Quite a bit of room inside an AE 80E telephone for more batteries! I have a couple around here with a RJ11 jack in the back rather than having the hardwired cord coming out the back to a plug. Thus it could be used as the power/charging input and you wouldn't have a 7 foot cord hanging from it while "out for a walk". 

A fellow phone collector friend had something like this he took with him to flea markets and yard sales etc. When he found a phone he was interested in and asked "does it work" he would then verify their answer!

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I can't recall where I grabbed this from, maybe on here but from somewhere. I think it is just the coolest picture. Of course it is likely not really "old" but is like it is predicting the future with lots of Star Trek like "old technology"....

AE_Collector

AF443133-0C9E-4007-B3DA-80DB3B56B4A8.jpeg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

I have Koodo one. $5 for first 12 months then $20 afterwards

The Telus offering was $10 and a device charge over 2 years. That's coming up for me at the beginning of May coinciding with probably not keeping the service.

@AE_Collector : what a great pic. What are they...stewardesses??

Funny about the phone tester guy.

Or de-case the ZTE and drill a hole for the antenna and put the circuit board and battery in the phone Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Female Aviators in early 20th century, so many cool things going on. Of course have to have the cigarettes too.

I bet you could fit it in with antenae inside the case as well.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

The ZTE device is clever and handy. It contains a SIM card which can be swapped. Although it's likely running carrier-locked and write-protected firmware (so it'll refuse to work with any other SIM) unless you deliberately purchased your own unlocked one from Alibaba.

I expect this sort of device will become exclusively eSIM soon, if it hasn't already. So it won't be long before your model truly earns a place next to that other phone antique.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

As I read thru thus thread I couldn't get a basic image out of my head....but by collaborating with @AE_Collector  to pick the right kind of phone I couldn't help but sketch out your costume for Halloween this year.....a public mobile phone booth!You could charge a loonie to make a phone call!You could charge a loonie to make a phone call!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Better get the $5/500 minute add-on if charging for calls!

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

As I read thru thus thread I couldn't get a basic image out of my head....but by collaborating with @AE_Collector  to pick the right kind of phone I couldn't help but sketch out your costume for Halloween this year.....a public mobile phone booth!You could charge a loonie to make a phone call!You could charge a loonie to make a phone call!

Are you a caricature artist?  Nice job. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@will13am  I did go to OCA back in the day....studied fine art. I'm out of practice but I can draw, paint...mostly watercolour but I can also use acrylic or oil paints. Pen &ink illustrations, pointilism, cartooning (darlicious) and did some printmaking. Mostly photography these days but every once in awhile I get inspired and I'll knock out a piece.20180203_130031.jpg

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  I did go to OCA back in the day....studied fine art. I'm out of practice but I can draw, paint...mostly watercolour but I can also use acrylic or oil paints. Pen &ink illustrations, pointilism, cartooning (darlicious) and did some printmaking. Mostly photography these days but every once in awhile I get inspired and I'll knock out a piece.20180203_130031.jpg

Good for you.  I barely have the skills to operate a writing device.  Most of the time, I can't read my own writing.  Sadly, I am not a doctor or pharmacist.  I am so happy that keyboarding rendered writing obsolete.