cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Members?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are all these people who commented on the Amazon giftcard giveaway actually customers? Most of them made their account today. I'm not complaining, I just find it odd that they wouldn't have made an account until now.

12 REPLIES 12

crystaldahlgren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agreed!! It's not clear at all 

@Zeeurbs wrote:

Possibly! Seems a little unfair to loyal customers. I've been using Public Mobile's service for about 2 years. I am new to the community due to the offer, I did not know you had to make a separate account. This should be included when you sign up, I thought it was.

KellyMarianne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just made my account today but I because a customer the middle of November.

Gzuzgirl

I just figured out how to get into the community today. I didn't know I needed 2 accounts one for phone and one for community.  The gift card offer is what prompted me to work at it.  I have been a customer since September 

Ed404

@computergeek541 wrote:

There is a contest term that states one entry per person. I believe that there's an extremely  high chance that some people are entering more than once, which would explain quite a few of the new users.

That's what I'm thinking. I doubt they read the part where you have to be an existing customer either.

@Ed404 wrote:

@Dtravers wrote:

Is it possible to reply to a post if you are not a  public Mobile customer?

Yes! You can participant in community without being a customer.

@Zeeurbs wrote:

Possibly! Seems a little unfair to loyal customers. I've been using Public Mobile's service for about 2 years. I am new to the community due to the offer, I did not know you had to make a separate account. This should be included when you sign up, I thought it was.

Could you explain what's unfair?

I agree making a community account should be included, but that just isn't the way it is for some reason.

Good luck with the contest around 600 people have commented

Sure, some people will activate a Community account, and the contest can encourage more particilpating, and more people talk about Public Mobile.

There is a contest term that states one entry per person. I believe that there's an extremely  high chance that some people are entering more than once, which would explain quite a few of the new users.

victorecho

Exactly this. I've had no issues with PM since i started and never signed up on the community forum. I have never had to purchase add-ons either.

I think it's pretty smart marketing to offer free data and minutes the way they're doing it. Now my brain is primed and i know exactly what to do should i want to purchase more add-ons in the future, and i'm signed up on the forum.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

But looks like winning one of those Amazon gift cards is going to quite a long shot with all these entries, and this is just day one.  Oh well:)

I thought the odds of winning were going to be high because the community only has under 100 real active members from what I can tell. These Amazon giftcards dragged in everyone! Anyways, there's another 2 giveaways maybe our chances will be better Smiley LOL

We can hope:)

Ed404

@dabr wrote:

But looks like winning one of those Amazon gift cards is going to quite a long shot with all these entries, and this is just day one.  Oh well:)

I thought the odds of winning were going to be high because the community only has under 100 real active members from what I can tell. These Amazon giftcards dragged in everyone! Anyways, there's another 2 giveaways maybe our chances will be better Smiley LOL

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

Are all these people who commented on the Amazon giftcard giveaway actually customers? Most of them made their account today. I'm not complaining, I just find it odd that they wouldn't have made an account until now.

@Ed404   I think a lot of people don't bother opening a community account until they realize that's the only way to get help for any issues, so if you don't have a problem then not signing up for a community account wouldn't seem necessay.  I know it wasn't immediately clear to me when I activated with PM last year that I needed a community account to get help, so I opened a few days later to get some advice.

Ed404

@Dtravers wrote:

Yes! You can participant in community without being a customer.

@Zeeurbs wrote:

Could you explain what's unfair?

I agree making a community account should be included, but that just isn't the way it is for some reason.

Good luck with the contest around 600 people have commented

Zeeurbs

Dtravers

Need Help? Let's chat.