cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Home Unlimited Internet Suggestion

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello. Like many of you in this community I'm finding myself communicating a lot more from home while on a limited income. At the moment I'm looking for a provider that is not going to hike my home internet fee after their boxing day promotion. Times are tough and internet is equally essential to phone service. I live in Toronto in a residence that is not a condo, and I'm searching for unlimited home internet.  Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cory_c  I would then look into ebox, they are similar to oxio, just a little more expensive but not as expensive as teksavy and nothing close to those big guys

@dude65 wrote:

look into tek savvy....from reading other forums, most ppl are happy with them

just my experience.. i used TekSavvy before. .it was ok.. but i found the price keep going up and it is a bit less competitive.. for reliability, i think it is a safe choice.. right after those Big Internet company (rogers/Bell etc).. but from price stand point. .there are cheaper one out there.. 

dude65

look into tek savvy....from reading other forums, most ppl are happy with them

cory_c

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look further into Fongo.

cory_c

Oxio internet package sounds tempting however, they don't cover Toronto. 😢. Thanks for the suggestion.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cory_c  Check out https://www.fongo.com/fongointernet/    Not using them but have tracked prices; stable for more than a year.

Have used https://www.start.ca/ ; their service & tech support were excellent. Left after 2 years for Rogers deal. 

Rogers has been good, just need to spend 2 hours every year renegotiating when 12 month "deal" expires. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

if upload speed is not an issue, I suggest you check out Virgin Mobile Home internet or Fido Home Internet.  The price is good.  And they have promotion a lot, like a $100 GC or so.  They usually no contract, so, you can walk out any time

stevenanto

@cory_c I would consider Oxio. They are great for me, all their plans have unlimited usage and they are among the cheapest for the speeds they offer. The help and support is also great, you can literally text them from your phone if you need help

DM100watch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I second Rogers it's worked well for my home internet...and it is very forgiving of all the weird things I want to do (hooking up linux boxes, running cable internet on an old windows 3.1 machine, getting a commodore 64 online, and so on).  Not the cheapest option, but stable and reliable, at least for me.  But they couldn't beat $13 a  month for my smart watch which is why I am here!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cory_c , you might want to give a company like Tek Savvy a look.  You pay more but they offer price stability.  I prefer to go with Rogers and do the annual negotiation.  Over the years, I have done well with this approach.  

https://www.teksavvy.com/services/internet/

Need Help? Let's chat.