cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: My credit card was used in fraudulent transactions

@Samuel112 wrote:

The reason I said PM should fix the mess is because that the only place my credit card is saved and I never had issues with other online vendors. 

@Samuel112 wrote:

4. I have used my debit credit card to purchase online stuffs and this was the only time it was compromised.

@Samuel112 Just becuase you never saved your card number anywhere else does not guarantee your credit card info wasn't compromised somehow, either online or in person (other responders have mentioned ways cards can be skimmed or otherwise cloned).  

You said you called the bank, did you get them to cancel the card and report those two transactions as fraudulent?  It may take a little time, but they should credit you back after their own investigation.

If someone at PM or a 3rd party partner was leaking your card info, they would be leaking others as well, and we would see a flood of these posts here.  Yours is the only one I've seen so far.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I've moved this thread from Paying for your service to The Lounge because there isn't any way for Public Mobile to refund the member for charges made by another company.  Since the charges are not from recognized companies, the only resolution is to contact the credit card issuer to dispute the charges, cancel the card, and have the card replaced.  As for the possiblity of someone somehow stealing the credit card number by accessing the Public Mobile system, I don't see any indication of that.  I'm not saying that isn't possible, just that it's just as likley that this could happen based on card usage on any other website, or a card being potentially cloned from in-store usage.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That’s extremely strange. I’ve used autopay for the entire time it’s been avail and I’ve never had an issue. My husband friends parents and kids no issues. 

Is it possible that you for hacked from somewhere else? Just thinking of other possibilities is all. That’s sad and pathetic whom ever did that to you tho. So sorry  this is happening to you