cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Stained Glass Hobby

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Moon and Mountains_0828.jpg20 in x 32.25in Stained Glass Window_0814.jpg20 in x 32.25in Stained Glass Window_0816.jpg

62 REPLIES 62

@darlicious 

Yes agreed… we sort of wish that HE would disappear!

AE_Collector

@Luddite 

You know I don't ask Simple--Simon anything....😅😅😅

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

My post too! What is up with that? 

@ShawnC13 @Luddite 

Do you guys have any idea? Weird?!!

No idea what is causing posts to disappear. Ask SIMon!   👨‍🎓

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Thanks everyone!!

I can't believe how poor of a job I have done collecting pics for all that I have done....but some was before digital pics.  Or they are yet to be found in another folder. 😃

Here is what I have found. 

Very nice!!! There's several in that collection of pics you hadn't previously uploaded here. That 1st one is a prime example of what I was talking about before, i.e. elegance in its' simplicity(read: not a bunch of different coloured glass in one creation). That, and I don't recall seeing any "shades"(for lamps/lighting) before. Not all of it is my "cup of tea", but nevertheless, all of it is some really nice work!!! 👍

@CFPartDeux 

My post too! What is up with that? 

@ShawnC13 @Luddite 

Do you guys have any idea? Weird?!!

Thanks everyone!!

I can't believe how poor of a job I have done collecting pics for all that I have done....but some was before digital pics.  Or they are yet to be found in another folder. 😃

Here is what I have found. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@ShawnC13 check your mail. 

I am backing off being here. I need to focus on other stuff. 

@LurganIeUk did check it thanks for reaching out.  As others have said yes I really appreciate the talent and work that you have shown us here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@wetcoaster wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I removed the pics  

Sorry to hear that - I enjoyed admiring your creations!

Ditto @LurganIeUk 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

A post of mine from yesterday is gone as well. I mentioned a phone collecting group where pictures hosted elsewhere would disappear from topics for various reasons. As I mentioned the other picture hosting site might that have led to removal of my post?

AE_Collector

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I removed the pics  

Sorry to hear that - I enjoyed admiring your creations!

@ShawnC13 check your mail. 

@CFPartDeux I removed the pics and have no idea why posts are missing. I would not know how that is done. 

I am backing off being here. I need to focus on other stuff. 

CFPartDeux

@ShawnC13 wrote:

hmmm My post was deleted.

Yeah, so was mine..... I posted in this thread earlier, to ask what happened to the pics, and if there was anything new, but that post isn't here..... 😮

hmmm My post was deleted.  @LurganIeUk  can you please contact me I would be interested in seeing more of your work.  My wife would really like some stained glass art and it isn't easy to come by

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yeah I went back to the late 1920’s in that topic and started working my way forward in time/models but ran into a couple that needed more work before taking pictures. They are still both in pieces waiting to get back at it. But I guess I could do a temporary diversion to some different models there to take the heat off of @LurganIeUk to produce more and quicker!

AE_Collector

@CFPartDeux 

You better bump @AE_Collector thread too....its buried in the abyss pretty deep!

CFPartDeux

WELL, stained glass production, along with the pics of it, seems to have tailed off in a big way around here..... we might have to resort to checkin' out more of AE"s old phone collection instead. 😉 😆

ha ha.....actually I cleaned up my room and sold a bunch of glass only that I did not want. I now have a bit more room. So I have not done any more other than making a frame for my next and last one of the same size as last shown. 

And I need to do my taxes soon and need to do the MIL's too.  I better get on it. I need to buy Studio Tax!!!

I bought a new non eom carb for weed trimmer and it arrived today so I have to install it so I can rate the seller. This will be an interesting result. 

Nah, not yet.... he is making Stained Glass for Revenue Canada until the end of April......

AE_Collector

CFPartDeux

@LurganIeUk  Any new creations to show off?

@LurganIeUk 

Maybe a used art table would work well for you. You would then be able to adjust the height and angle as well. I'm used to them being white ( this one isnt ) but you get the idea......pretty good price for a new one. I wonder if you can use their 40% off coupon they offer on Mondays?

https://canada.michaels.com/en/arts-and-crafts-creative-center-by-artists-loft/10299013.html?r=g&cm_...

10299013&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjPaCBhDkARIsAISZN7SZT3GjGWJLQAZIeswDytESHecFVdhXJsORzNSJ2Cm3XTQb_mHV9dQaAvUdE...

30% off coupon.....it doesn't seem to be excluded.

https://canada.michaels.com/en/coupons

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I have a desktop that I can eventually throw out. It is made of particle board and does not like water or chemicals even though it has many coats of Varathane.

Maybe you need one made out of plywood, with an arborite(or similar) top? 🤔

Good old hard particle board with a 3/8" x 2" built in square works good.Then it is Varathaned to prevent puffing up from water or chemicals. Plywood would be the only other option.  I can fix the puffing and fill the nail holes and Varathane a few more times. I have found it very hard to find that old particle board that is 3/4" and is almost white in colour. They used to use it for making ping pong tables many moons ago!!!

@CFPartDeux 

Yes I think the same. Same colour different shades. I plan to do an all in various clear. Last one of this size. You like the top half.......tells me you like blue .....as I could look at those blue colours for hours. So relaxing. 

This one.......original plan was to alternatively place  blue and green side by side as the sky, then the clear being rain, then hitting the ground in a splash of iridescent glass. But would lose the 4 way option thus the pattern as above. 

So many options. 

Currently am sorting glass to sell some off @Newfiescreech 

CFPartDeux

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I have a desktop that I can eventually throw out. It is made of particle board and does not like water or chemicals even though it has many coats of Varathane.

Maybe you need one made out of plywood, with an arborite(or similar) top? 🤔

CFPartDeux

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Here is another.....same size.....different design. Next will be all clear and then no more of this size. Sales are rocketing!!!

Stained Glass Modern V.3. green blue clear_0929.jpg

I'm kinda likin' that one, and am wondering if you've ever done any with a "less is more" kind of approach, i.e. like I previously mentioned about all clear glass, but with different textures, but in the case of this one, if you eliminated some of the colours and went with just 2, or maybe 3 colours..... specifically, with this one, I particularly like the top half, and wonder how it would look if the entire thing was done with just clear, and either 2 or 3 shades of the blue you used, or for that matter, 2 or 3 shades of green, yellow, etc., etc.

In the last 2 weeks I have had 3 offers to do commission work, from my online ads. 

Newfiescreech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WOW ! Another awesome stained glass ..you do awesome job my friend ..keep posting your beautiful work 🤗🤗

Here is another.....same size.....different design. Next will be all clear and then no more of this size. Sales are rocketing!!!

Stained Glass Modern V.3. green blue clear_0929.jpgStained Glass Modern V.3. green blue clear_0932.jpgStained Glass Modern V.3. green blue clear_0933.jpgStained Glass Modern V.3. green blue clear_0935.jpg

Newfiescreech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WOW ! Awesome..love stained glass ..some day I want to do it for a hobby .🤗 🤗  Thanks for sharing a  picture .

Yes, design and colours can't really be attractive to every one. But if I can improve my curb appeal, I will try to do. I had one window advertised for over a year...and then just before Christmas one email and it was sold and picked up within the week. I would like to, if possible, reduce the length of time to sell. 😀

For the symmetrical designs yes I usually do a design and I get them blue printed. 

I also ask for supervisory approvable of basic designs and colours. 

I do have a colour sort that seems to work and that is the same sort as how I sort and store my glass. 

And I do a hybrid seat of the pants plan that also I have my supervisor to give the go ahead!!!

So I determine the size to have little waste on the zinc came. Usually very close to the specs of a golden rectangle. 

I then square it all up using masking tape, pencil lines. Pencil lines will show centre, end of inside of came, end of outside of came, and a few end of glass  markings. Then I get creative with placing the glass and try to stay away from putting same glass adjacent by placing it in a rotation of pre prepared cuts. 

I most enjoy doing windows. 

CFPartDeux

Thinking about it again, not personally having an artist's eye for this kind of thing, I would think it would be VERY difficult to come up with a design that's eye pleasing to the majority of folks, which got me to wondering, do you kind of sketch up a design before you start working on these, or are you totally flying by the seat of your pants? 🤔

Need Help? Let's chat.