cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky Mobile WiFi Calling

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Another competitive response will be coming soon.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/plans-add-ons/Wi-Fi-Calling

Lucky Mobile is offering WiFi calling all their plan including the $10 50/50 plan.

It says "Get additional calls & texts by connecting to Wi-Fi"

It sounds to me that the WiFi calling minutes and text do not use the plan minutes/text.

If my interpretation is correct, it is virtually unlimited minutes/text.

EDIT:

Sorry.  It is a standalone app with another phone number similar to Fongo.

Lucky $10 50 Minutes Canada-Wide Calling Plan

8 REPLIES 8

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wi-Fi calling makes your connection in your house a lot more reliable. Not necessarily to make phone calls over an app

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard $10 monthly for internet calling, lollll

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anyone can make free calls by wifi without paying $10 a month to lucky, why would anyone pay $10/month to lucky when they can pay $0/month to Fongo and still get wifi free calling?

ischmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@popping wrote:

Another competitive response will be coming soon.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/plans-add-ons/Wi-Fi-Calling

Lucky Mobile is offering WiFi calling all their plan including the $10 50/50 plan.

It says "Get additional calls & texts by connecting to Wi-Fi"

It sounds to me that the WiFi calling minutes and text do not use the plan minutes/text.

If my interpretation is correct, it is virtually unlimited minutes/text.

EDIT:

Sorry.  It is a standalone app with another phone number similar to Fongo.

Lucky $10 50 Minutes Canada-Wide Calling Plan

Interesting...but you gotta watch out for the fees if you go over 50 minutes. 50 minutes, IMHO is extremely limiting. When I was with Koodo, my plan included 200 minutes, which was great and worked awesome for me, until they cut my minutes in half without telling me. Then I paid through the nose for my bill that month, close to $100 (for me anything >$40 is insane). That was the first red flag. But I adapted even though I learned the hard way. Afterwards, they increased my monthly plan cost, again, with no notice. So after shopping around and discovering how ripped-off I was getting, I heard about PM and it's been amazing! I don't have to worry about late bill payments, they're consistent, and my loyalty seems to count for something. 9 years with Koodo, got me nothing in the end, just zero communication about bill and plan changes and less service for a higher cost as well as withheld account credits that I tried getting back but was denied. Don't jump ship unless you're absolutely sure it works better for you or unless you're forced to by unforeseen plan changes that put you at a disadvantage.

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Really don't see the appeal, unless it is seamless.  One already can do that with Whatsapp with your own contacts, and other VoIP apps.

One thing would be good is seamless cellular / public wifi handover - which I have seen in a country I visited recently.  I was on their LTE network and in some buildings I automatically connect to their branded Wifi (with no login on my part).  This way the provider was able to provide high data plans.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lucky is trying to put Fongo out of business/its miseries.  I don't see anything happening over here.

tony7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What Lucky Mobile is offering is an app that lets you make and recieve calls and texts. Only requirements are a Lucky Mobile rate plan, a smartphone, and high speed internet connection.

Currently, it is only available for android users; however, they are currently working on an ios version as well.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

VoLTE is overdue lol

Need Help? Let's chat.