cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering .... impeachment club

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is the process to have an Oracle impeached?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous great post!  I'll comment on a few things specifically:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your [...]"bad apple" [...is] doing a task that no one would really want to do. But it's important for the organization of the forum. [...] And at the end of the day...this is just a low level, budget cell phone service. Not a nuclear reactor. [...] ALL of us, from New in town up to Oracle are just fellow customers. ALL of us, except to a certain degree the Oracles, have no obligation or need to be all the flowery wording you attribute in your utopia. As long as we're not violating the rules of conduct, we can do, think, say whatever we like.

On that last sentence:  yes, to a point.  And when the rules of conduct have been violated, the oracles have the power to move threads or posts into a hidden area, as well as the ability to edit posts to remove things go against the published community guidelines such as posting personal info, trying to sell things, publicly post referral codes, etc.

The thing that sparked this whole "Impeachment" witch hunt was another power the oracles have, which is to move topics they feel are not related to Public Mobile into the lounge.  This softer standard may not be well documented by Public Mobile but it's the culture and defacto standards that have evolved over time in the community.  The more senior among us that have been around here a while have helped shape that, for the better or the worse.  I am going to go on record here and say I was the one that asked @ShawnC13 to move @88cranston's post to the Lounge, and I stand by it.  If you want to impeach someone, impeach me Mr. Cranston.  I can't believe what a big deal is being made of this.  What a waste of time.

@Anonymous wrote:

There is one senior Mayor that stepped down from Oracle themselves (or that was the spin anyway 🙂 ).

@88cranston I think @Anonymous is referring to me.  I was one of the original oracles.  For the record, there was no spin involved.  I told Jeremy (the former community manager) that I wanted to step down, he tried to talk me out of it, but I stuck by my decision.  For where my head was a the time, it wasn't worth the amount of pressure I was putting on myself to always be around and always be among the very most helpful.  Aside from missing out on getting sneak peeks of upcoming things, I regret nothing about the decision, and the reduced communtiy reward was 100% worth the trade off for me presonally.  Happy to just be a "mayor". 

I'm tempted to drop one of Mr. Cranston's signature "left the conversation" lines, but I'm pretty sure I'll be checking back out of morbid curioisty.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your one "bad apple" has had run-ins with many people. Myself included. He's doing a task that no one would really want to do. But it's important for the organization of the forum. Other Oracles also do similar tasks. Are they also "bad apples"? I certainly don't consider myself any kind of follower here but in all of these kinds of fora, there's a social aspect included. One could also use the other word...political. I guess what I'm saying is that it takes all kinds to make up the fabric of a community. And at the end of the day...this is just a low level, budget cell phone service. Not a nuclear reactor. So we all figure out a way to get along and be civil.

You have made comments about so-called Mayors. These are automated levels of recognition of participation. Oracles are appointed by the company.

ALL of us, from New in town up to Oracle are just fellow customers. ALL of us, except to a certain degree the Oracles, have no obligation or need to be all the flowery wording you attribute in your utopia. As long as we're not violating the rules of conduct, we can do, think, say whatever we like.

You talk about "impeachment". Sure. Maybe there's a way that if enough people bang on the company that someone could be induced to step down. There is one senior Mayor that stepped down from Oracle themselves (or that was the spin anyway 🙂 ). In my time here I have seen a couple others step down. How they got around to no longer being an Oracle...I don't know. Those are things that go on behind the curtain.

Peace

88cranston

@will13am wrote:

Let me start by saying nobody is above the laws of the land.  If you believe you have a case of any kind feel free to take it up with the Public Mobile community manager.  But if you are going to rant frivolous nonsense to her like you do in the community forum, be prepared to be rebuffed.

Just as a reminder. 

Oracles and Mayors, should be people persons, understanding, kind, communicative, helpful, promote positive and constructive discussions, be a good example, establish and promote best practices as set out by PM, be unbiased towards others, and look at things objectively, look at postings from the perspective of the OP. 

The PM Community should be like any other small Community that looks after each other, promotes growth, education and guidance to succeed.  I am hoping for a lot of us in the Community, that PM is watching some of the questionable Oracles (and Oracles/Mayors that are following and supporting a bad influence) in what they say, what they move, edit, hide and what they delete (if they can). We are all looking to be here as part of the same team. A team that watches out for one and another, promotes education of the product and all become ambassadors to support and endorse PM’s products. 

Right now, Nov 2019, I can say there are a number of great Oracles here but there is one BAD APPLE with a couple of followers that are just pushing Community members away from the Community and the Product. 

88cranston

@will13am wrote:

Let me start by saying nobody is above the laws of the land.  If you believe you have a case of any kind feel free to take it up with the Public Mobile community manager.  But if you are going to rant frivolous nonsense to her like you do in the community forum, be prepared to be rebuffed.

No rants from me. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.