cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sharing the News,CRTC rejects Telus application to charge credit card fee on some customer bill

Becool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Ruling only impacts some home phone lines in B.C. and Alberta, so 1.5% can be in place for everything else"

Is it making sense to you?

CRTC rejects Telus application to charge credit card fee on some customer bills | CBC News

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

I thought I tagged you in a post where I mentioned the loyalty program had changed 🤔 But I do have a mention in my "how to pay by vouchers" post. Their loyalty program is now based on your total spend and is much less lucrative. But I think you have your math wrong anyways....

Old LD Extras

• For every 10 "visits" earn a $5 "coupon". Minimum "visit" spend $10×10"visits"=$100/$5 coupon earn=5% return in savings. $5 bday coupon+$5 earned coupon=$10 to redeem on $10 pm voucher. You pay the tax=5%gst+any provincial taxes in bc, sk+mb and earn 1 "visit" towards your next $5 coupon.

New LD Extras

• Based on the amount you spend vs the minimum spend amount to earn a "visit". I will double-check the points earned but I believe it's earned/redeemed at a 1% savings rate. $500 spend=$5=1% return.*

I have a perfect example of the different earning rate by my recent cyber Monday spend but I have to check my account to be sure of what I earned. (*will update shortly)

Becool

😂😂。。。。。ok, I hear you🤣

popping
Oracle
Oracle

It is about time for CRTC to reject this extra charge using cc for payment.

I have a backup plan to sign up London Drugs' LDExtra loyalty reward program.

After 10 purchases of $10 or more, member will get $10 credit.

Purchase $10 PM voucher each for 10 times and Use the $10 credit to purchase another PM $10 voucher.

No bad to get $110 pm vouchers for $100.

Thanks @darlicious for letting me know about this deal.

But I have not try it yet.  I am going to try on this deal with the high inflation nowadays.

Ooops.. I am waiting too long.  London Drugs changed their loyalty program. Almost the good loyalty program changed their program. 

Darlicious, please update.  Thanks

Me0W
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Posted 8 hours ago and marked as Spam

No response from Moderators!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/CRTC-refuses-Telus-request-to-add-credit-c...

Who to Message?

Merci

Moderator notified.

Marked as spam. If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report.

CRTC refuses Telus request to add credit card processing fee to certain bills

Me0W_0-1670554512904.png

Me0W

8 hours ago - last edited 5 hours ago

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

interesting.... thanks @Becool 

my experience in larger, regulated companies is when a regulator rejects something, the company finds another way to screw it's customers over.... sad, but true