cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jiff's peanut butter new "Dark Roast" flavour.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Dark Roast is a flavour of coffee bean and there are different types of coffee bean developed using in some cases questionable practices. Ie bat guano etc. 

Like coffee beans there are different types of peanuts. So does anyone know if this is some special variety? Or is it something as inane as cooking the peanuts longer and brown colouring?

12 REPLIES 12

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I tried other brands of “dark roast” flavor and loved it very much. I have never purchased a Jiff product, but I would like to try it.

Thanks @yanzhiqiang  we have our guini pig err taste tester.🤗

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

I will buy one jar try it Cat LOL

Salmonlips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did anyone try it yet?

I've got about 3 more lbs of regular pb to get through, but i would relaly like to try this one

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I will buy one jar try it Cat LOL

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@srlawren you are the only other Peanut butter connisuer here. Thanks for replying.

@gblackma well as I mentioned, my PB needs are pretty simple!  However, if you're looking for the conniseurs, I defintiely recommend you check on Reddit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/PeanutButter/ 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren you are the only other Peanut butter connisuer here. Thanks for replying.

srlawren

@gblackma wrote:

I meant Jiff. I saw the commercial. It looked interesting but am hesitant to try it. Lol. Thanks for point in that out.

@gblackma LOL okay that makes more sense.  Guessing that was an auto-"correct" error?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I meant Jiff. I saw the commercial. It looked interesting but am hesitant to try it. Lol. Thanks for point in that out.

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Lol. Why do think I'm posting here? I need a lab rat to try it for me.NUDGE...

@gblackma squeak squeak Robot LOL

Assuming one wanted to grow whiskers and a lengthy tail, where would one find a jar of Jeff's Dark Roast Peanut Butter?  I'm not familiar with the brand.  Though, admittedly, I'm a simple peanut butter man, and only ever buy Kraft Smooth Light--it's what myself and everyone in my household prefers anyway.

srlawren

@gblackma quick update. I'm not sure about Jeff's specifically, but the Jif one seems to get generally favourable reviews:

Jif: https://www.amazon.ca/Jif-Roast-Creamy-Peanut-Butter/dp/B07XTSXLCG?th=1

Santa Cruz: https://www.amazon.com/Santa-Cruz-Organic-Roasted-Crunchy/dp/B06XHZRY52?th=1

srlawren

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma squeak squeak Robot LOL

Assuming one wanted to grow whiskers and a lengthy tail, where would one find a jar of Jeff's Dark Roast Peanut Butter?  I'm not familiar with the brand.  Though, admittedly, I'm a simple peanut butter man, and only ever buy Kraft Smooth Light--it's what myself and everyone in my household prefers anyway.

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma no idea.  Why don't you get a jar and let us know if it's any good?  🙂

srlawren

@gblackma no idea.  Why don't you get a jar and let us know if it's any good?  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.