cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this yet another scam? ($250 Visa gift card draw.)

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Received several emails asking to complete a survey that would enter me in a $250 Visa gift card draw. What roused my suspicion is that I am still a PM subscriber. Cut and pasting below part of the email I received.

During this difficult time, we recognize how important it is that customers can rely on Public Mobile services to keep their family connected. We continue to gather feedback to understand how we can better deliver and improve services for our customers.

For more information on how Public Mobile is helping to keep Canadians safe in response to COVID-19, please click here.

Your feedback is important to us so we can understand why you left Public Mobile. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey, facilitated by CICIC. Once you complete the survey, you will automatically be entered into a quarterly draw to win a $250 VISA gift card.

It will only take 5 minutes to complete and once you are finished, you will be asked to provide your contact information to secure your contest entry.

To get started, click on the link below:

10 REPLIES 10

@hTideGnow I didn't say you were.. so what does it look like?

@hTideGnow & @gpixel 

Seeing how the link is worded might be interesting.  I don't think @hTideGnow was meaning for OP to click on it.

Another tool would be to view source code of the e-mail to see if the 'sender' information is in any way indicative of a Public Mobile sender.

@gpixel wrote:

@hTideGnow click the link and let us know

I wasn't being stupid or making fun. 

I was trying to see the URL link text to see if it is valid.  you don't have to click on it.  Usually you can right click and copy URL and see what kind of link it is 

@hTideGnow click the link and let us know

@BEER wrote:

curious.. how does the link (URL) looks like.. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like a scam to me @BEER 

Your doing the right thing to ask before clicking on anything . If their are no annoucements i would report it to a mod and they can tell you.

Thanks @BEER 

Just out of curiosity - did you get this communication through email or through private message on the community?

If you can think about it - can you post an update after (if) the moderator team gets back to you?

Yes, @BEER , I'm sure it is a scam.

If it's not mentioned in the Announcements section, I would always presume it's a scam.

Cheers!!!

EDIT:   I'll tag the @CS_Agent so perhaps they might weigh in and send you a private message as to the validity of it.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Is this yet another scam? ($250 Visa gift card draw.)

Received several emails asking to complete a survey that would enter me in a $250 Visa gift card draw. What roused my suspicion is that I am still a PM subscriber. Cut and pasting below part of the email I received.

During this difficult time, we recognize how important it is that customers can rely on Public Mobile services to keep their family connected. We continue to gather feedback to understand how we can better deliver and improve services for our customers.

For more information on how Public Mobile is helping to keep Canadians safe in response to COVID-19, please click here.

Your feedback is important to us so we can understand why you left Public Mobile. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey, facilitated by CICIC. Once you complete the survey, you will automatically be entered into a quarterly draw to win a $250 VISA gift card.

It will only take 5 minutes to complete and once you are finished, you will be asked to provide your contact information to secure your contest entry.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BEER This really does sound like a scam. One other trick tha this can do is check the sender. If the email address itself looks like a bunch of random numbers and letters then that just confirms it. The name can still be something normal like public mobile. 

We we get these emails regularly from Costco, shoppers drug mart and few others

Need Help? Let's chat.