cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SIM Card Caribbean

apiscitelli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a suggestion for a good pay as you go company to work with located in the Caribbean that will allow me to make phone calls in multiple countries in the area? I am looking at a cruise and would like to be able to make calls in a few stops (still haven't finalized which cruise so I can't say specifically which islands we will be stopping at yet). Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try to using gigsky sim who has coverage in the Caribbean.  https://www.gigsky.com/.

Another option if you have wi-fi is to use apps like textnow, fongo, or Skype to make calls and send texts.

Looks like some cruise lines have their own "Cellular at Sea" service. You'll have to investigate that when your considering which one to sail with.

apiscitelli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I realize PM won't work but we have a dual sim smartphone. So I was hoping to buy a SIM card before I go online and then get some cheap pay as you go minutes from a company in the Caribean.

Using WIFI to place Whatsapp calls is the backup plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@apiscitelli wrote:

Is there a suggestion for a good pay as you go company to work with located in the Caribbean that will allow me to make phone calls in multiple countries in the area? I am looking at a cruise and would like to be able to make calls in a few stops (still haven't finalized which cruise so I can't say specifically which islands we will be stopping at yet). Thank you.

PM has no roaming other than whilst in USA. You can try a free app like TextNow so you can call or text for free. Long as you have a robust wifi signal, it works good. There's many other free or almost free apps as well. Good luck and safe travels.

Need Help? Let's chat.