cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In ICUs, the unvaccinated are silent...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I read an letter from an ICU doctor to an unvaccinated ICU COVID patient.  It is a sad story... 

The doctor ask the son of this patient "Why was your dad not vaccinated?"  This young kid lost his mom a few years ago.  Now, his father is fighting for his life.  

Who is paying for the price of the unvaccinated?  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/icu-doctor-letter-to-patient-1.6171187

25 REPLIES 25

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@BKNS27 : Well...the medicine you're referring to is an approved human medicine...just in much smaller doses and for a whole other purpose

Except that, as has been reported in several places, many of the WINGNUTS that are taking that crap, have been buying it from animal supply places, thus ingesting the much larger dose..... I guess at least they won't have worms! 😉

and that wouldn't likely do anything about covid. But studies are ongoing so I guess we might see eventually. Wouldn't it be great if medical science could come up with a nice easy treatment to rid covid once caught rather than the expensive method we have now.

Something MIGHT be incoming, to at least cut down on hospitalizations & deaths: COVID Pill 

Of course this would all be a lot less burden and cost if the remaining holdouts would just get on with it.

Amen to that! 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : Well...the medicine you're referring to is an approved human medicine...just in much smaller doses and for a whole other purpose and that wouldn't likely do anything about covid. But studies are ongoing so I guess we might see eventually. Wouldn't it be great if medical science could come up with a nice easy treatment to rid covid once caught rather than the expensive method we have now. Of course this would all be a lot less burden and cost if the remaining holdouts would just get on with it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I am surprised that anti-vaxer will take animal medicine but not the vaccine and that the vets hospitals are not full of anti-vaxers.

But they tie up the regular hospital beds and people with scheduled life threatening operations are cancelled.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CFPartDeux 

Based on what you circled and how vague you were, I wasn't sure if you were suggesting that the vaccines were losing their effectiveness or not. THAT was my point

CFPartDeux

@Karnbot13 wrote:

Again, it's truly a shame that the unvaccinated aren't only killing themselves

THAT was my point.

popping

What people are thinking... going to a COVID party to get COVID?

The following is from this Calgary Herald article 

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/corbella-er-doctors-hear-tearful-regrets-from-unvaccina...

The transport physician says before they intubate severely sick COVID patients either on a helicopter, plane or in an ambulance, they give the patient the opportunity to FaceTime their loved ones before they will no longer be able to talk — and because it may be the last thing they ever say to their loved ones.

One young mother who was having troubles breathing because of COVID was giving instructions to her parents who were caring for her small child, who was too young to understand what was going on.

“With tears streaming down her face she was telling her parents what her child typically likes to have for a bedtime snack.”

If only she’d had her vaccine, she could have tucked her own baby into bed and told her she loves her herself.

If only.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Karnbot13

Yes, I see the rest of your yellow circle. Not enough information in the graphic to say who is most affected but 48 percent of 12 percent of the total is a way better number than the 48 percent of the 70, wouldn't you say? I don't see anymore reason to get more alarmed, we were warned that this was going to happen. Again, it's truly a shame that the unvaccinated aren't only killing themselves

CFPartDeux

@Karnbot13 wrote:

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@Karnbot13 wrote:

I'm not following your point.

LOL, I'm not following you not following my point...... my point was stated in my last post.... don't see how to make it clearer. 🤔

[snip]

Edit: Looking back at your earlier statement, you appear to be equating the higher death rate being because the vaccinated individuals are passing it to other vaccinated individuals? Is that what your yellow circles represent? As you can now see, you weren't as clear as you originally thought.

I suggest you take a look at the yellow highlighted area again, i.e. the area I highlighted, is the grey portion(70% of cases), which are the unvaxxed, and the arrow is pointing to the deaths, of which 48% of them are vaccinated.

Karnbot13

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@Karnbot13 wrote:

LOL, I'm not following you not following my point...... my point was stated in my last post.... don't see how to make it clearer. 🤔

You're right, I guess, selfish idiots may end up harming us all. It looks like the small percentage of vaxxed that have to go to the hospital, the old aged contingent are dying at a higher rate. The percentages may be close but I'll bet the overall number is very low. Troubling to be sure. as at this rate. a nasty variant that the vaccines won't protect against is almost guaranteed to arise. Edit: Looking back at your earlier statement, you appear to be equating the higher death rate being because the vaccinated individuals are passing it to other vaccinated individuals? Is that what your yellow circles represent? As you can now see, you weren't as clear as you originally thought.

CFPartDeux

@Karnbot13 wrote:

Karnbot13

I'm not following your point. Are you suggesting that vaccines don't offer 100% protection? That should be a known fact. I'm not sure what their data is suggesting the way they laid it out. 

CFPartDeux

@Karnbot13 wrote:

That's the wrong way to look at the data. The unvaxxed are killing themselves

Well sure, but they're also infecting some of, and therefore killing some of, the group the arrow is pointing at..... 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Karnbot13

That's the wrong way to look at the data. The unvaxxed are killing themselves and trying to increase the probability of a new variant that will affect us all. Vaccines aren't and never have been 100% effective but they do decrease the odds of catching the virus and really limit the damage it can do to you. I would be more concerned by how many of each group that is listed as going to the hospital, come out afterward.

CFPartDeux

@Anonymous  I quickly scanned that site, and this particular part of it kind of stood out..... kinda looks like the group highlighted on the left is killing the group that the arrow is pointing at. 😞

Cases vs. Deaths.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CFPartDeux : The BCCDC site has weekly reports with all the breakdowns. The link is the most recent one. Overall, certainly unvaccinated are ending up in hospitals in greater numbers. But then the worry are the deaths in that upper age group who are much more vaccinated.

CFPartDeux

@Anonymous  No, they didn't break that down by age.... that quote was a copy & paste from their web site.

And we seem to be getting conflicting info about a 3rd "booster" shot - Israel, and a couple other countries are leaning towards the necessity for a booster, but Canada's gov't and health gurus seem to be leaning towards only for the immunocompromised, at least for now. 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CFPartDeux : Did they show by age? It might be that the vaccines have weakened in the very old and then those pesky unvaccinated staff are "killing" them. It's not a good sign though. It is rather worrying for those with aged parents in care.

CFPartDeux

And here's a wee snippet of info from the Global BC site today, about cases in BC, that I found to be a bit disturbing 🤔:

"Fully vaccinated people accounted for 23.5 per cent of new cases over the last week, and 12.7 per cent of people hospitalized over the past two weeks."

number won't lies.. (yes, those who not believe will still not believe)  The truth is 80% of those got Covid now are unvaccinated..

CFPartDeux

Aaaaaand this is another result of the anti-vaxxers:  No ICU bed at 43 hospitals  👎👎😠😷

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the line that moved me:

It was your decision, but I wonder who is paying the price.

Also

Please help me keep my promise to your son.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the line that moved me:

It was your decision, but I wonder who is paying the price.

Need Help? Let's chat.