cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popping
Oracle

In ICUs, the unvaccinated are silent...

I read an letter from an ICU doctor to an unvaccinated ICU COVID patient.  It is a sad story... 

The doctor ask the son of this patient "Why was your dad not vaccinated?"  This young kid lost his mom a few years ago.  Now, his father is fighting for his life.  

Who is paying for the price of the unvaccinated?  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/icu-doctor-letter-to-patient-1.6171187

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: In ICUs, the unvaccinated are silent...

This is the line that moved me:

It was your decision, but I wonder who is paying the price.

popping
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

This is the line that moved me:

It was your decision, but I wonder who is paying the price.

Also

Please help me keep my promise to your son.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Aaaaaand this is another result of the anti-vaxxers:  No ICU bed at 43 hospitals  👎👎😠😷

softech
Mayor / Maire

number won't lies.. (yes, those who not believe will still not believe)  The truth is 80% of those got Covid now are unvaccinated..

CFPartDeux

And here's a wee snippet of info from the Global BC site today, about cases in BC, that I found to be a bit disturbing 🤔:

"Fully vaccinated people accounted for 23.5 per cent of new cases over the last week, and 12.7 per cent of people hospitalized over the past two weeks."

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux : Did they show by age? It might be that the vaccines have weakened in the very old and then those pesky unvaccinated staff are "killing" them. It's not a good sign though. It is rather worrying for those with aged parents in care.

CFPartDeux

@z10user4  No, they didn't break that down by age.... that quote was a copy & paste from their web site.

And we seem to be getting conflicting info about a 3rd "booster" shot - Israel, and a couple other countries are leaning towards the necessity for a booster, but Canada's gov't and health gurus seem to be leaning towards only for the immunocompromised, at least for now. 🤔

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux : The BCCDC site has weekly reports with all the breakdowns. The link is the most recent one. Overall, certainly unvaccinated are ending up in hospitals in greater numbers. But then the worry are the deaths in that upper age group who are much more vaccinated.

CFPartDeux

@z10user4  I quickly scanned that site, and this particular part of it kind of stood out..... kinda looks like the group highlighted on the left is killing the group that the arrow is pointing at. 😞

Cases vs. Deaths.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.