ITALY WINS THE EUROS

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ITALY WON THE EUROS 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹💪💪

WHOOHOO !!

7 REPLIES 7

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CFPartDeux I believe that for the qualification rounds the extra 30 minutes and penalty shots are fine, but for the final 16 teams I think it should be golden goal. 

stevenanto

@LEGO I completely agree, golden goal is the way to go. so many matches during the Euros have ended in penalty shots. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

Good for Italy to get the win...I'm not really a fan of games being decided by penalty shots though.  I prefer the "golden goal" rule determining the winner!

They should have been forced to play to the point of exhaustion until someone scored a goal.

@stevenanto    Don't disagree that Italy deserved the win and yeah England was outplayed in regular time for sure.  Absolutely no disagreement about the disgusting racist behaviour of some of those fans, unfortunately, it seems these sorts of people can't be shamed anymore. Perhaps because some high profile politicians, especially the "former guy" down south, have made it acceptable for racists to opine now?...

@CFPartDeux    I've always thought the penalty kicks was a lousy way to decide the winner and was hoping FIFA would adopt the "golden goal", maybe they will eventually. 🤔   They have adopted goal line technology and VAR which I must admit I thought would be an huge improvement over regular officiating, but after seeing some of these VAR decisions, I'd rather they went back to the referees deciding!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dabr wrote:

Good for Italy to get the win...I'm not really a fan of games being decided by penalty shots though.  I prefer the "golden goal" rule determining the winner!

Agreed - that's a COMPLETELY B.S. way to lose OR win a championship. It's interesting to watch, but a garbage idea that's been around for a long time..... 👎

stevenanto

Azzurri!!!! They totally deserved this win in this match. England showed up for two minutes, the fans have not been the best fans and very poor attitudes, from racist comments to some of their players, beating up Italian fans and storming a stadium.

Grazie Azurri!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.