cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSANE amount of Robocalls today!

Hoserdave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I have had no less than 10 robocalls.  Usually, it's a couple every week or two.  All coming from looking legit 519 area code numbers.  I've reported them all to spam.

My favourites are the ones that say they are a test call and to be safe.  Also, the CRA really wants me to give them some information!

Looks like whoever is running the bots has some free time again!  Maybe they got put into lockdown as well!

Anyone else?

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hoserdave....

I'm with @cprnicus on this...just don't answer the calls when you don't recognize the number...even if it looks like a local number.

Once "they" know that your number is active...well...you know what happens.

If the caller is legit, they'll leave a message.

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Hoserdave 

That's a crazy amount in a day. I've been getting these calls about once every other day. Usually I can tell when the first 6 digits match the first 6 digits of my number. They are definitely working very hard to scam people but I feel horrible for the people who do end up getting scammed, especially during a time like this!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I didn't get robocalls, maybe because I got a new number.

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Any number I don't immediately recognize I let go to voice. Yes the calls are more frequent but they NEVER leave a message. To hell with these losers and their scam crap.

plaxtonmatteo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did last year. They upped there game and instead of putting a guy with an accent they put a person who sounds legit and convincing. For a second I wondered if I was actually in trouble. Maybe think back and try to remember if you have entered your number into any new websites/applications recently. Because data collection is so huge, companies that aren’t reputable will take your phone number and sell to scamming companies like the ones you have experienced. It is however also possible that you where selected at random, but it sounds like you have been getting a lot of calls. 

Need Help? Let's chat.