cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: I'm done with PM

@Matthew2 wrote: 

I wouldn't come back to Public Mobile if it was free.

With all the rewards...it's free for me. No other provider offers that. If I *needed* to be able to talk to someone then I'd use a different provider.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

With all the rewards...it's free for me. No other provider offers that. If I *needed* to be able to talk to someone then I'd use a different provider.

That's awesome! And is a great deal if you're actually getting service. But, I wasn't.

To me, the ability to communicate is the main point in having a mobile phone. I'd rather pay $40 / month to FM and get what I pay for, than pay $40 / month to PM, and get neither mobile service I'm supposed to, nor customer service.

What PM offered me was, frankly, garbage. Is FM perfect? No. But I'm quite happy. And compared to being quite unhappy with PM, I'll take that any day.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kselmak wrote:

'Makes me angry': Big telcos' $10 service fees concern wireless customers and the CRTC

???

This artcile mentions neither public mobile nor Freedom - I'm certainly not making a switch to Telus, Bell, or Rogers.

It also says the fees are for making simple changes that you can do online - they're not charging for actual technical issues or non-basic requests - which is what PMs bug really is.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perhaps my expectations are different than yours but I've found the support of the community and @Moderator_Team to be fantastic. I'm a new user, but I think I'll make my judgement based on my own experiences. In the end, whether I stay or go will depend on my own experiences.

Just like I did.

Lots of people who never have a real problem will obviously find the service adequate.

But God forbid you have an issue which actually prevents your phone from working. If you need real, urgent help and are ok with waiting a few days for a reply, then you're definitely in the right place.

Oracle

I spent lots of time with Wind twice.  The network was garbage back in the day.  I cannot comment on recent developments on the network as I have no personal experience post LTE rollout.  

It's really hard to compare freedom to Public Mobile.  Their weaknesses are different.  The Bellus network is second to none.  Public Mobile's tolerance for long standing problems is also second to none.  If I were at the helm, I would have asked those responsible for fixing the issues why they are still showing up for work.  Maybe that crucial conversation has taken place and there's nobody working on the problems anymore.

As consumers, the best way forward is more competition.  The mere fact that carriers are so bad is because of the lack of competition.  

Mayor / Maire

@Matthew2 

To each their own, but you WILL have outages on Freedom network

It is nowhere near prime time and this is even after years of improvements

IMO it is more hassle on Freedom when you realize you have no calls / texts / or data for a few hours vs the Public txt outage (since you can easily use a stopgap fix, such as a texting app while waiting to get back on network)

@Matthew2 wrote:

I'm sorry, but complaints about Freedom service, no matter how bad, cannot compare to a complete lack of service like we have here at PM. 

@kav2001c wrote:

To each their own, but you WILL have outages on Freedom network

It is nowhere near prime time and this is even after years of improvements

Oh, I don't know about that. I'm sure, based on what I've read, that others have had issues. But I was with Wind for years before trying Public, and the only issues I had was when leaving the city.

Now that I'm back, and a couple months into Freedom, I haven't experienced any dropped calls or missed texts... which is more than I can say about Public.

Again, personal experience.  I’m currrnetly vacation in a very well covered area or furan Ontario, and my Public Mobile service is rocking 4/5 bars of service on both 3G and LTE services.

A friend with freedom is tethered to my device for service.

To each their own.