cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm brand new!

SillyBillyGoat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I am brand new to this! I'm actually new to the whole public forum/community bulletin thingy lol. Definitely excited to try something new but nervous I'm gonna embarrass the heck outta myself (as usual) lol.

So could someone give me a rundown of how this works and how I can be more involved?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys and hopefully making some new virtual friends

Thanks

SBG

11 REPLIES 11

@gpixel 

enjoy the beautiful service...  🤣

@gpixel 

And here I thought my ears were burning!😎

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

stop talking about me please. 

- reported!!!

@softech wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Also, it's not a good idea (unfortunately a few still do) to spam the threads by repeating and posting advice already given hours/days earlier in any particular thread or just posting for the sake of posting (yep, some do 😉)...

@dabr   any mentor names you could suggest OP to stay away from??

@softech   Lol...well I wouldn't advise OP to stay away from any "mentor", but yep definitly refrain from copying one particular member's behaviour.  😉

@dabr wrote:

Also, it's not a good idea (unfortunately a few still do) to spam the threads by repeating and posting advice already given hours/days earlier in any particular thread or just posting for the sake of posting (yep, some do 😉)...

@dabr   any mentor names you could suggest OP to stay away from??  lol

and @SillyBillyGoat  , Welcome to PM.... the Community is a fun place here just  like a real community.  And the Lounge here is where we relax and talk about just  about anything ..  jokes around..  share nice pictures, etc...

Enjoy PM service and have fun in the Community.

@SillyBillyGoat wrote:

Thank you so much! The fact that I even got an answer is so exciting lol. And I will keep the advice to not repeat advice in mind lol. No one likes a broken record lol. And don't worry, if I wanna vent about my personal life or something irrelevant to this site, that's what I have facebook for lol. I appreciate you breaking it down for me. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself as bad now haha

Many thanks,

SBG

@SillyBillyGoat    Just a heads up FYI...you can tap the @key and list of usernames in this conversation will pop up and you can then click the username whose post you are responding to.   Then we can follow the conversation a little more easily. 

For discussions in the Lounge, you can vent all you want 😁,  perhaps not advised, without a good reason, in the other threads though.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome PM SillyBillyGoat you found the right place call home

SillyBillyGoat

Wow thank you for being upfront and honest right off the bat. This really gives me a clearer idea of how I will become involved in this forum moving forward. 

Much appreciation,

SBG

SillyBillyGoat

Thank you so much! The fact that I even got an answer is so exciting lol. And I will keep the advice to not repeat advice in mind lol. No one likes a broken record lol. And don't worry, if I wanna vent about my personal life or something irrelevant to this site, that's what I have facebook for lol. I appreciate you breaking it down for me. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself as bad now haha

Many thanks,

SBG

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SillyBillyGoat    Welcome to PM and the Community forum.   😊

It's up to you how involved you want to be.  The "Lounge" is for general interests/hobbies you may want to post about.  Phone/account service related issues should be posted under one of the main headings that fit the problem.

Generally, it's a good place to get/give answers to some issues someone maybe having with their service or phone.  You can offer suggestions to those asking if you think you have some helpful advice.  It's a good place to also learn about issues and solutions/workarounds for common problems that seem to crop up from time to time.  However, anything that requires account access can only be done by the "real" PM customer support.  

Read through some of the threads and common issues to get a feel for how to offer help.  Also, it's not a good idea (unfortunately a few still do) to spam the threads by repeating and posting advice already given hours/days earlier in any particular thread or just posting for the sake of posting (yep, some do 😉)...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community.

If you wish to participate to make a few bucks of reward here then you need to get to know all the ins and outs of the self-serve, the 611, the community and phones in general and then be able to answer quickly or have the right interpretation of what someone has asked or even to add another nuance that hadn't been mentioned. Over time you'll also get to know some of the little foibles of the place.

But keep in mind, just have fun and that dopamine reward of helping someone. Don't be here for the reward. It ain't worth the time. Think of the reward as a nice little something (reward 🙂 ) for your efforts.

There's a reasonable amount of socializing as people get more familiar with each other. But that also takes time...same as any social setting.

Need Help? Let's chat.