cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back.... Sorta.

CrowFBI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From now on you guys will see me around the community with the username @CrowFBI 

@BearFBI has been banned from the Community and I dont have much hope in getting my account back anytime soon. my email seems to be banned so I cant get community rewards through it anymore. 

There is still no official explanation of my ban but with with some help from a few community members, we figured it was the use of profanity from my walmart post.

I've only sweared once and it got me a perm ban.... Go figure that one out. 

In the end this is a bit of my fault and a bit of PM's fault. Its my fault for swearing and its PM's fault for not even letting me off with a warning. An instant permanent ban for using profanity does not sound fair to me.

Anyways. I would like to thank @darlicious and every other community member that has helped me.

My @gwhitema account is going to be parked untill next time....

Let's hope PM fixes their broken ban system so no one has to experience situations like mine again. 

18 REPLIES 18

@BearFBI wrote:

WHOOO ! 

What a good feeling. Back on my BearFBI account. Im back baby ! 

My inbox is filled with messages from mods. I guess some I was talking to about the Walmart Situation didn't know I was banned.

@BearFBI  Nice!  What a relief eh? 😊

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

WHOOO ! 

My inbox is filled with messages from mods. I guess some I was talking to about the Walmart Situation didn't know I was banned.

Good news, now everything is back on track.

BearFBI

WHOOO ! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/our-community-relationship-agreement

Ah! There it is. You found it.

That more than one account line is brutal. It doesn't allow that if you're NOT gaming but have multiple accounts...as the other service terms agreement indicates.

That should be changed on one side or the other.

May I suggest:

Those who are deemed to be ‘gaming the system’—shall be banned.

And leave the other service terms as is.

@Catherine_T ? A simple little line of text to edit. No programming required.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/our-community-relationship-agreement

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CrowFBI wrote:

@NDesai 

"Yes, the agreement is meant to defend the reward system something known as "gaming" the system. I apologize for not clarified a bit more. As long as other accounts are not used to earn bravos or solutions, there is no harm done. "

I still don't know where it says it in this "agreement" but I see where your coming from. 

BearFBI is banned. I only received a 2$ community reward through it. Kinda lousy but oh well.

Gwhitema earned a 2$ community reward that went nowhere. I never got to claim that. Does it still count as "gaming" if all your hard work went nowhere ?

I'm fairly sure the reference to "gaming" was more aimed at the possibility of a member using the alternate username to bravo their main username(the one associated with their account), to potentially get a higher reward than they otherwise might have. 🤔

@CrowFBI 

Don't worry you've got a whole mmmmmmmmmmmm........gang of crows to back you up unless you're part of the anti-gang of crows squad? Don't dare mmmmmmmmmmention that other word for a group of peers that flock together oh wait I'll pc it into a community of corvidae that aren't on your back they have your back! 20200818_201207-ANIMATION.gif

CrowFBI

@NDesai 

"Yes, the agreement is meant to defend the reward system something known as "gaming" the system. I apologize for not clarified a bit more. As long as other accounts are not used to earn bravos or solutions, there is no harm done. "

I still don't know where it says it in this "agreement" but I see where your coming from. 

BearFBI is banned. I only received a 2$ community reward through it. Kinda lousy but oh well.

Gwhitema earned a 2$ community reward that went nowhere. I never got to claim that. Does it still count as "gaming" if all your hard work went nowhere ?

From now on this account will be my new account. I will use this to claim community rewards. 

The moderators seem to be aware of my multiple accounts. If they dont like it then they can ban me.

(nothing to see here, move along)

@Anonymous @darlicious @CrowFBI  Yes, the agreement is meant to defend the reward system something known as "gaming" the system. I apologize for not clarified a bit more. As long as other accounts are not used to earn bravos or solutions, there is no harm done. 

@NDesai 

Is it? I can certainly understand it being a problem if you are using it to "game" the system but having a second account to access customer support or the community because of the inability to sign in with the other (not necessarily from a ban) account shouldnt be against the "rules" and i dont remember anything in the t of s about it.

It's well known enough around the community that I have two community profiles one for each of my accounts. Of which 98% of time its darlicious but occasionally I have had to use @maximum_gato to sign in when the site doesn't like darlicious for a few hours. I learned the very first time I was banned that you shouldn't sign in under another account while banned......but there's nothing written anywhere to tell you that. In fact there is nothing anywhere on the site to tell you anything once warned or banned.....and the moderators often tell you little or nothing.

@CrowFBI has been very open about why and when he's been signed in as not his main account. This would be a different matter if one is secretive about it. I helped advise @CrowFBI as best I could on the do's and don'ts of bans and secondary accounts based on personal experience and what others have told me. Otherwise all his information he recieved was speculation from community because its all very vague. 

Public mobile has a gaping hole when it comes to this situation and informing members(their customers) how to access support when you are banned and why, who, what, where and how you got banned. This isnt the real world where you are innocent til proven guilty its quite the opposite. How a mobile service provider can operate this way when they have an online support only business model is beyond me......

20200908_191517-ANIMATION.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

Yet you are claiming you run multiple accounts. I am pretty sure this is against the community agreement. 

@NDesai 

Might you be able to point us to the specific clause that says one can't open multiple accounts? I realize you qualified it with "pretty sure".

I'm fine with the accepted no-no's of not bravo-ing or solution-ing other usernames one controls. Although also no mention in terms that I tried to read. Just socio-cultural acceptance due to the reward nature of the place.

I've done some reading and I can't seem to put my finger on the specific clause. I'm sure I must have skimmed over it somehow seeing as how you are a senior member and Oracle here.

I did find this:

Site Policies.You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any PUBLIC MOBILE account that you may hold, including all login usernames and passwords that you may use to access any part of the Site.

"Any" and "all" seem to imply that multiple accounts can be held.

Thanks

CrowFBI

@NDesai Are you kidding me. 

This whole community is against the agreement. Even the way its run is against its own agreement. 

So what now. Im gonna get banned from this account too ? 

What happens if I need support. What does a banned user do if they need support ? 

It looks like you cant create a new account because its "against the agreement". So if i have an issue. Its almost impossible to get support. 

My gwhitema account is getting ditched because I dont need it. I created it that one time I got locked out when the mods changed my password so when I got banned that was the first account I logged into so I can get help. 

I'm ditching that account because its too close to the name gblackma. That was only meant to be a temporary account to get help. From the looks of it I will need a new permanent account. So I created CrowFBI.

If PM dosen't want users to create multiple accounts, They need to fix their own issues first then it will be more feasible. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@CrowFBI wrote:

@BearFBI has been banned from the Community and I dont have much hope in getting my account back anytime soon. my email seems to be banned so I cant get community rewards through it anymore. 

Yet you are claiming you run multiple accounts. I am pretty sure this is against the community agreement. 

yanzhiqiang

Welcome back.

CrowFBI

@dabr ive been banned since August 26th. PM hasn't advised anything. They haven't sent me anything or gave me a reason. My account just says "sorry but you have been banned from using this site" I've tried every day to login since then. 

Its a perm ban.

I just put FBI because it sounded cool. Lol 

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CrowFBI wrote:

From now on you guys will see me around the community with the username @CrowFBI 

There is still no official explanation of my ban

I'm not surprised......

but with with some help from a few community members, we figured it was the use of profanity from my walmart post.

I've definitely learned my lesson not to use profanity. I also suggest everyone elese not to use profanity in the community so you don't have to go through everything that happend to me.

In the end this is a bit of my fault and a bit of PM's fault. Its my fault for swearing and its PM's fault for not even letting me off with a warning. An instant permanent ban for using profanity does not sound fair to me.

Anyways. I would like to thank @darlicious and everyone elese in the community who has helped me. 

My @gwhitema account is going to be parked untill next time the crows mess with me...

You mean, like this?:

CrowFBI.jpg    🤣

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CrowFBI   A permanent ban does seem rather drastic.  Has PM advised you that the ban is  permanent?  Maybe it's not permanent and you might be able to recover Bear in a few more days?

BTW what does FBI stand for (unless that's classified information 😂)?

Need Help? Let's chat.