cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humour and other misc. stuff - TAKE TWO

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire
Quote from the now closed Topic - Humour and other misc. stuff:

“The topic will be closed as well due to the fact that bravos, that are used for our internal bonuses to our customers, are being earned for jokes that are not related to giving cellphone/service help.“

End Quote

So, is there something WE don't know about Bravos in the Lounge OR is there something that some moderators don't know about Bravos given on posts in the Lounge? IE: This contradicts everything we have been told about Bravos in the lounge (where this Topic and the predecessor to it were right from the beginning). 

At least here in Canada, anti Trump posts seem to be 100% okay, Right On and Good to Go! (Unlike in US based discussions)!

AE_Collector

312 REPLIES 312

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

It's a funny thing. People will perceive things in their own way. I've had a couple instances where people think I'm toxic or something. I beg and plead and explain and defend...nope. Once they've dug in that perception, that's it.

I hear ya.....

So someone didn't like your image. They flagged it. A moderator did something about it. It could even have been a moderator that didn't like it.

Given the post by Dany, the Mod, whether it was, or not, I don't know, but it rather SOUNDED as though HE didn't like it.

That particular moderator probably shouldn't've said anything in the open like that but there it was.

Well, the mention of bravos was obviously wrong..... as for the religious aspect.... well, as you said, there's no accounting for how someone perceives something, but this IS the 21st century, not the 19th.

So good luck with your defense. It's the way of the anonymous flagging.

No defense needed - as mentioned, if that joke gets turfed, so be it, however, given the excuse used for locking the thread, the key should already have been used on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CFPartDeux 

It's a funny thing. People will perceive things in their own way. I've had a couple instances where people think I'm toxic or something. I beg and plead and explain and defend...nope. Once they've dug in that perception, that's it.

So someone didn't like your image. They flagged it. A moderator did something about it. It could even have been a moderator that didn't like it.

That particular moderator probably shouldn't've said anything in the open like that but there it was.

So good luck with your defense. It's the way of the anonymous flagging.

CFPartDeux

Ok then, based on the last two posts, I guess the question of bravos in the Lounge has been settled. 👍

That, and it seems @Dany_P 's post in the other thread has disappeared, probably because he realized the error of his ways. Now it'd be nice if the thread was unlocked.

As for the supposedly "inappropriate content", I don't give a crap whether or not that joke gets restored, BUT maybe the complainant could take a 2nd look at it, i.e. it's NOT about a man leaving his wife for a dog(as though they were having some kind of weird relationship), but is about a man "finding a new home" for his wife because she won't let him have another dog..... c'mon, it's a play on wording, nothing more! 🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

As some of you probably already did...this is the announcement from Alan_K.

Edit: update: the moderators post is gone. the thread is still locked though

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2. He thinks bravos are worth something in The Lounge. They aren't.

But do we REALLY know that? I've seen it mentioned many times by Oracles, but don't recall whether or not I've seen it mentioned by any PM staff..... I THINK Tiana MAY have said as much, at some point, but don't recall for sure. 🤔

@CFPartDeux the lounge came about after my run as an oracle, but there was a definitely understanding that this area was not supposed to count in any rewards calculations, since it's not in any way related to customer support.  I agree with the sentiment that jokes and talking about <insert your favourite off-topic topic here> is fun but should not be rewarded...which is precisely what this area was supposed to be for.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CFPartDeux

@Anonymous wrote:

But do we REALLY know that? I've seen it mentioned many times by Oracles, but don't recall whether or not I've seen it mentioned by any PM staff..... I THINK Tiana MAY have said as much, at some point, but don't recall for sure. 🤔

CFPartDeux

@srlawren wrote:

In that posting (which has other issues

Well, if THAT pic tweaks someone's sensibilities, there is absolutely NO WAY to determine what anyone around here will complain about..... unbelievable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All kinds of wrong in that post.

1. So he is imposing his own religious sensibilities on the place from an indirect angle. A marriage joke? Really? Not a religious joke...just marriage. There were no gods invoked in my marriage. Does that make it worthless? Does it make it offensive to those of a religious bent?

I guess we'll see what may happen to me and/or this post. I think he deserves a reprimand for imposing his religiosity here.

Likely a new moderator not trained properly. One recently replied to an Oracles thread (where they moved a topic to the proper category) asking if they need assistance 🤣

CFPartDeux

@AE_Collector wrote:

“The topic will be closed as well due to the fact that bravos, that are used for our internal bonuses to our customers, are being earned for jokes that are not related to giving cellphone/service help.“

End Quote

So, is there something WE don't know about Bravos in the Lounge OR is there something that some moderators don't know about Bravos given on posts in the Lounge? IE: This contradicts everything we have been told about Bravos in the lounge (where this Topic and the predecessor to it were right from the beginning). 

You got THAT right!!!

How 'bout it @Catherine_T  & @Alan_K , please clarify the situation - do bravos in the Lounge count, OR NOT??? 🤔

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

End Quote

@Catherine_T can you please see this question from @AE_Collector ?  I think it's a valid question.  @Dany_P locked the previous thread, which you can see here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Humour-and-other-misc-stuff/m-p/572880/hig....  In that posting (which has other issues but I'll focus on the rewards part here), Dany mentions what AE quoted above, and it goes against what the community understand in terms of the Lounge being excluded from all and any rewards calculations.  Can you please confirm which is the correct understanding here?  Thank you in advance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

no one knows.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.