cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Humour and other misc. stuff - TAKE TWO

@CFPartDeux : Juuuuuuust in case you weren't terribly fluent in Spanish...amiga is the female tense of friend in Spanish. Just like the male tense amigo. Although admittedly, it didn't need to start with the capital.

But of course you're making the joke on the company.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Gracias Amigos!🥂

@TessieBoo 

Amiga.....we shall see. I was looking forward to symmetrical J scars to go with my symmetrical artificial hips. My older sister is the asymmetrical daughter. I like things to match.🍒

@CFPartDeux 

Si amigo....been there done that and have a titanium tip to prove it!😃🏥

@AE_Collector 

I think I've developed the need for speed.....🚴‍♀️ Adele! Adele!

@hairbag1 

As long as I avoid the food!  Tacos no bueno!!🌮

@z10user4 

Aw....so there is a dulce de leche spot in there after all......😉!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 wrote:

@CFPartDeux : Juuuuuuust in case you weren't terribly fluent in Spanish

Which I'm not.....

...amiga is the female tense of friend in Spanish. Just like the male tense amigo.

I'm well aware.....

Although admittedly, it didn't need to start with the capital.

But of course you're making the joke on the company.

Was throwin' that out there in jest, but also just to see if anybody here even had a clue what I was referring to, and/or to see if any other former, or even current Amigans would pop up. 😁

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux : Not an Amigan but certainly not a whippersnapper. I dabbled with a TRS-80 once upon a time. The friend who owned it wrote a whole solitaire game on it. I dabbled.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Speaking of dabbled.....thats what the anesthesiologist did trying to do the spinal today. After about 6 attempts she called in a colleague who did it one go. Other than that it appears successful. Pain level uncomfortable enough that even though I want to nap I can't.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious .. so, you can finally have some serious hip dancing now?  Speedy recovery !!! 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : If you're on any of those poppy extract thingies just keep aware of wanting to get off of it. I was prescribed a variation once upon a time and I couldn't stop thinking...don't get hooked, don't get hooked, don't get hooked. I actually still have a couple tablets these few years later. No hookage.

Great to hear you're already conscious. I didn't think we'd hear from you at least all day.

Hope it all turns out alright and you'll be pounding out the Grouse grind in no time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Are you asking me to dance? Hula or bellydance?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Ah don't worry Ive been playing with poppies for years and have learned how to effectively manage pain.....and ow I need more right now! Even the community can't take my mind off it...lol!😃😣

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Speaking of dabbled.....thats what the anesthesiologist did trying to do the spinal today. After about 6 attempts she called in a colleague who did it one go.

Don't ya just LUV the folks holding sharp instruments that seem like they need a bit more time practising on that game "Operation"! 🙄  I get my blood checked on a semi-regular basis at LifeLabs, and I can count on one hand the number of women(mostly.... think I've only ever seen 1 guy doing it) that can get blood with almost no discomfort(the same way both of my vaccine shots were). Most of 'em fall into the "ok" category, and then there's a few of 'em that feel like they jabbed that needle out the backside of my arm. 😬

Other than that it appears successful.

Awesome! 👍

Pain level uncomfortable enough that even though I want to nap I can't.

That's on purpose - the staff there are getting kickbacks from PM, to make sure PM has SOMEBODY on all night long, in case there's a late night, "I can't connect" emergency! 😉 🤣

Need Help? Let's chat.