cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How vulnerable are you on Whatsapp?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I found this article that says anyone can access WhatsApp group chats without permission, through a Google search.  So be careful what you post while using it. See the link here . 

6 REPLIES 6

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hackers always find ways to get your personal info no matter what social app you are using.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma It is still a security issue.  The problem is the link that grants access to groups could be lurking around anywhere saved on devices or on the web somewhere that other search engines pick up.

Facebook has to fix it. Not the search engines. So google fixed it on their end, but according to the article that you provided @srlawren , it's still showing up in other search engines. The problem is still there. And @YVR they may not be able to see what went before, but they can see what comes after. 

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The article does say that all users are notifed when someone new joins the group.  The other part that is not on the article is that new users to the group will not be able to see the old posts

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

I found this article that says anyone can access WhatsApp group chats without permission, through a Google search.  So be careful what you post while using it. See the link here . 

@gblackma actually WhatsApp fixed that yesterday https://in.mashable.com/tech/11684/whatsapp-bug-that-indexed-private-group-chats-in-google-search-no...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is perfect!  I am lonely.  Wanna hack into my Whatsapp chat group?

Need Help? Let's chat.