cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many posts and bravos results in $1?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

WOW after all my posts and Bravos I only got $1 community reward. Don't know how you boys and girls do it -  There must be  a formula used to calculate rewards. I assume it's a string used in programming the forum app.

26 REPLIES 26

When people mention what rate of pay is to earn the $15 it is very low and for those who don't know it used to be $6 so people do not do this for the money it is a nice bonus. I know there were 100's of hours a month spent to earn the $6 before I became an Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Did this just get moved to the lounge? Or has it been there all along?

@buddy_2021 

$20 is reserved for oracles only. I would describe $15 as a full time job. $10 as a part time job. $5 as casual once or twice a week job and $1:or $2 as an occasional participant. These are volunteer positions that range from extremely dedicated to an interested participant wanting to learn more about their service. The real rewards are all mental fufillment not monetary.

@buddy_2021 wrote:

Base on the estimate 45 posts & 18 bravos = about 1$, it means that to get 20$ it is almost a part-time job. Is this worthy?

@buddy_2021    For the monetary rewards?  No it's not worth it, however, most of the people here are responding because they enjoy helping other customers get a quick (hopefully) resolve to their issue.   Of course, every little helps towards reducing the plan costs too.

BTW $20 reward is only available for oracles who are appointed by PM and perform other  duties in addition to answering customers' questions.  Anyone else can only earn a maximum of $15 which likely requires being here many hours almost every day. 

buddy_2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Base on the estimate 45 posts & 18 bravos = about 1$, it means that to get 20$ it is almost a part-time job. Is this worthy?

sherrilynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

eclusive dollar is right. Sometimes its there sometimes its not

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations. It is a hard work to earn rewards. 

Rose25

@BEER 

Congrats! Keep up the good work👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Hooray  - I made the top 50% list --- so that tells me the reward for that level is most likely $1.🇨🇦

Not most likely...it is.

Enjoy not reading this though.

BEER

Hooray  - I made the top 50% list --- so that tells me the reward for that level is most likely $1.🇨🇦

CFPartDeux

@Anonymous wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

One hopes, but you still see a lot of threads where it seems like folks try to "game" the system by reposting variations of the same answer. 

@mh1983 

This depends on timing. If you see a timestamp all within a minute or two then it's coincidental timing.

Exactly - there were plenty of times I was typing out a response to the issue, and by the time I hit the "Post" button, there were already 4 or 5 people that had typed faster, and posted mostly the same thing.

I agree that if someone comes along well after and adds their bit that is a repeat of what they can already read has been said then yeah that's kinda post-count-padding.

That's also making the assumption that post count actually has something to do with the rewards formula...... but then, based on what the "stats queen" has posted a few times, it would seem that it does. 🤔

But also someone might pick up on a nuance that hasn't been mentioned.

I've seen that many times, and have done the same myself, and sometimes that little nuance IS the difference that solves the issue.

This thread has been moved to the lounge because of the direction of the conversation.

Rose25

@BEER   Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mh1983 wrote:

One hopes, but you still see a lot of threads where it seems like folks try to "game" the system by reposting variations of the same answer. 

@mh1983 

This depends on timing. If you see a timestamp all within a minute or two then it's coincidental timing. I agree that if someone comes along well after and adds their bit that is a repeat of what they can already read has been said then yeah that's kinda post-count-padding. But also someone might pick up on a nuance that hasn't been mentioned.

BEER

@mh1983 wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Rose25 wrote:

@BEER 

The rewards depend on the amount of contribution made compared to the other PM users. It keeps changing every month. And congrats for the reward! 

It seems that SOLUTIONS have the most weight so noticing that so far you have 0 solutions I will help you out by accepting your post. I can't imagine that anyone would be posting here for anything more then the fun and passing idle time factor. The $ rewards are just a way to keep score.

And who really cares if some are more crafty than others - remember $$$ is not a factor in posting on this Forum, it's just a means to keep score.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER wrote:

@Rose25 wrote:

@BEER 

The rewards depend on the amount of contribution made compared to the other PM users. It keeps changing every month. And congrats for the reward! 

It seems that SOLUTIONS have the most weight so noticing that so far you have 0 solutions I will help you out by accepting your post. I can't imagine that anyone would be posting here for anything more then the fun and passing idle time factor. The $ rewards are just a way to keep score.

BEER

@Rose25 wrote:

@BEER 

Well, then. I'll offer a different approach to the OP question ...

@BEER I'll sell you one Bravo for one dollar. This would answer your question.

Rose25

@BEER 

@BEER 

I have an interest in statistics and have authored a few threads on the subject. It can also be a very contentious subject so these threads tend to get very opinionated. Here's my most recent.....

*https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M83...

@Korth wrote:

Solutions have much more weight than Bravos.

Bravos given out seem to have some weight, too.

I'm just going off the "meet the oracles" intro stuff ... where PM's people seemed to put different emphasis on ... bravos received SOLUTIONS bravos given out

I have serious doubts as to bravos being given out having any affect on the calculations. Public Mobile did change the forumula a few months ago, but then again, I have never seen the actual formula. In the past I can tell you that some have receive top 5% ($10) and not given out a single bravo.

Solutions have much more weight than Bravos.

Bravos given out seem to have some weight, too.

I'm just going off the "meet the oracles" intro stuff ... where PM's people seemed to put different emphasis on ... bravos received SOLUTIONS bravos given out

Anonymous
Not applicable

45 posts and 18 bravos that allegedly counted (edit: 0 solutions). A dollar. So there you go. There's your answer. Remember that we're all in competition with each other. So it could very well look different next month.

But you won't read this so this is for others to see what it might take to get that elusive dollar.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@BEER Congrats on your $1 reward.  😊

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BEER , @darlicious put together a list on posts, bravos etc.  last month. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

WOW after all my posts and Bravos I only got $1 community reward. Don't know how you boys and girls do it -  There must be  a formula used to calculate rewards. I assume it's a string used in programming the forum app.

Congratulations on your $1 reward...keep helping.

Need Help? Let's chat.