cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you actually pay 0$ a month? - Share your story

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am really curious about how many of you earn enough rewards to bring your plan down to 0$. 

What plans are you on?

How long did it take you?

How do you usually go about earning referrals?

Do you do it in person with friends and family or post your promo code online giving it to strangers?

As a new client (and student), I would really appreciate your help to bring down my monthly bill.

P.S. Are we allowed to publicly post our referral codes online? Ok, Its a very bad idea

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SD08 wrote:
@Anonymous wrote:

I'm like popping...$10 plan. I've paid nothing the last couple renewals. 

@Anonymous

A free cell plan...now that's value!  Robot Happy

Rock n roll!

Truth be told though...I really actually barely use the phone.

hmm...maybe I should get one o' those fancy flip phones and leave the phone in the glove box. 🙂

Not.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm like popping...$10 plan. I've paid nothing the last couple renewals. 

@Anonymous

A free cell plan...now that's value!  Robot Happy

SD08

I've had the $120 12GB 90-day plan since Nov 2016. I paid $70 for my most recent renewal.  My discount consisted of a mix of all four categories of rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley:

I'm like popping...$10 plan. I've paid nothing the last couple renewals. But...y'know...it's sorta kinda easy at $10. 🙂 It would be more work and more externalities to cover the next cost plan up...$20. Let alone the $25 one.

@Poogzley wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

I pay zero for my $90/90 days grandfathered plan. I have been on it since fall 2015. It's not so easy to earn referrals. PM plans are way cheaper than other offers from big 3. When I discuss 3g plans, people start to walk away cause they don't understand LTE lite and just wanna have full speed even though throttle speed is more than enough lol

I did not realize you could still earn rewards on grandfathered plans. Just out of curiosity what features are included in your plan?

Only plans that allows customers to call customer service over the phone cannot earn rewards.

Poogzley

@NDesai wrote:

I pay zero for my $90/90 days grandfathered plan. I have been on it since fall 2015. It's not so easy to earn referrals. PM plans are way cheaper than other offers from big 3. When I discuss 3g plans, people start to walk away cause they don't understand LTE lite and just wanna have full speed even though throttle speed is more than enough lol

I did not realize you could still earn rewards on grandfathered plans. Just out of curiosity what features are included in your plan?

@Poogzley wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote: Oh and yes I agree I thought the Lounge was a better spot for this and 5 simple clicks and it was done.

I did not realize that you could change the section after the post was created.

How did you do it?

Oracles of the community have the ability to move posts if it is required.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Poogzley

@ShawnC13 wrote: Oh and yes I agree I thought the Lounge was a better spot for this and 5 simple clicks and it was done.

I did not realize that you could change the section after the post was created.

How did you do it?

popping

I am paying $1/30 days for my $10 50/50 plan.

Put your phone number online for referral is not recommended, You are asking for spam calls after web crawler robots find your phone number.

The way I look at PM referral is to provide continue support for my referees so that they are happy with PM service and stay with PM for me to get $1/30 days.

There was a thread last couple days from a 70 yeas old senior on how to get the 200 minutes add-on.  He ended up switching back to landline. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley wrote:

I am really curious about how many of you earn enough rewards to bring your plan down to 0$. 

What plans are you on?

Do you do it in person with friends and family or post your promo code online giving it to strangers?

As a new client (and student), I would really appreciate your help to bring down my monthly bill.

P.S. Are we allowed to publicly post our referral codes online?

I am on the 12GB 90 Plan for $120 and I currently pay between 18-21 per 90 days depending on referrals.

Been working on this for 2 years now

I just discuss it with people when cell phone plans come up.  It is a topic that you can easily bring up and see what others have.

I get my referrals from family and friends.  I have been lucky enough to have a few members from the forum  ask for a referral while they are doing their research on PM seeing if it is for them.  If you help people here they may ask for your referral but do not solicit your PM number for referrals.

Oh and yes I agree I thought the Lounge was a better spot for this and 5 simple clicks and it was done.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley, my suggestion on referrals is to network with family and friends when the topic of cell plans and cost come up.  Usually the product that you have should sell itself.  If you are paying a lot less for a lot more, there will be interest.  Apart from this, are you viewed amongst your circle of friends and family as the great deal hunter, the one who they go to for suggestions and can be relied upon to show the way to the great deals.  If this describes you, then you can be a magnet for referrals.  The best is when people come to you, it is never good when you force yourself onto others.  With that said, don't try to beg for referrals here, it will be counter productive. 

I should also add that this discussion is best done in the newly minted lounge section.  The topic while covering an element of this service is not really about seeking support on how rewards work or having problems rewards not being applied to the account.  This is only a suggestion and I am using it as an example to point out how easy it is for social discussion "leakage" to happen.  The intent of having a lounge section was to keep all the other forums free of social discussion which IMHO is illusory. 

It's more for your own safety against theft of potential offers from Koodo, the sister provider.

Offers have been sent previously with migration to Koodo, and if you receive a txt from  Koodo for this, if someone is quicker than you, you could lose the access to the offer.

In the forum, do not post any personal information - that is policy.

Poogzley

@krazykiwi wrote:

Hi and welcome. Good to see you are interested . Not sure what you mean by referral codes as all that is used for referral is your phone number which I do not recommend posting online to strangers.

Yes, that's what I meant, If I have a data only plan is there any harm in sharing my number publicly as a referral code as I can not receive calls and texts anyways? Does this go against any terms set out by PM?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

As the current referral system uses your personal phone number, I would strongly advise against posting it anywhere online that is publicly accessible (as is the forum), and would only give it to trusted friends and family.

I'm on a $120 90-day cycle, and regularly pay less than $100 each cycle to renew.  Recently, under $90.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

What plans are you on?

P.S. Are we allowed to publicly post our referral codes online?

Hi and welcome. Good to see you are interested . Not sure what you mean by referral codes as all that is used for referral is your phone number which I do not recommend posting online to strangers.

Need Help? Let's chat.