cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long has it been since you last overpaid for your phone bill?

nightbrad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm so glad I changed over 3 years ago. I was in hard times and couldn't afford my 100$ phone bill from the other big companoes.  So happy I switched over. Just found out about the community looking forward to earning money off my phone bill by contributing! 🙏🙏

9 REPLIES 9

3s_Plenty

Only recently switched to PM but it's been months since i left one of the "big three" the cost was riduclous, at one time we had a huge family plan.. but kids grow up and get their own and our personal usage was far to little to meet the cost or the plans offered by the big guy.

Still happy with switching here, overall it was the best value for our money.

4 months since i switched from telus...way too much for 300min/unlimited local 7-7/text $35 and freedom not really overpaying  unlimited Canada wide talk/text/data $40 but no coverage and barely any at home in the middle of vancouver and the bf at fido....scam artist fraudsters $80++++

HookedOnPublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In November 2019 I broke my phone and took a hard look at new phones and realized the exorbitant prices for tabs and phones. I was with Rogers and paying $44.00 a month for unlimted text and talk and that was it. I had signed up two years ago and just got something super basic. I should have shopped around but i had been with Rogers forever (through my parents who had internet, cable and phone so why go somewhere else) as the plan may have been basic but the price was far from it.
I saw someone mention Public Mobile in a FB thread and it piqued my interest and the price was right. I was thinking of going with Freedom but I heard the coverage wasn't the best. I think what really attracted to me to PUBLIC was that it was on TELUS's network.
So now Rogers had been hounding me to fill out serveys and come back to them.

I'm now paying 15 dollars a month and it has everything I need.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Considering Canada has one of the highest cellphone rates in the world I would say every month I overpay.  Hopefully we get some new competition soon or federally imposed lower rates, as per the mandate of the current government. https://business.financialpost.com/telecom/bains-told-to-cut-cellphone-prices-or-boost-competition  Not that I have much faith...

att that hat being said it’s about three years that I have started saving money with PM via their plans or migration deals.

Boh

I agree.  My bills were always too high.   I am very happy with reasonable data at a great price. I don't miss Bell or Rogers but they will sure miss making money off of me!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nightbrad wrote:

I'm so glad I changed over 3 years ago. I was in hard times and couldn't afford my 100$ phone bill from the other big companoes.  So happy I switched over. Just found out about the community looking forward to earning money off my phone bill by contributing! 🙏🙏

Glad you're enjoying it @nightbrad ! Love the energy Man Wink

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I haven't overpaid for a phone bill for about a decade.  Prior to joining Public Mobile, I was an unhappy Wind customer.  Their price was cheap, $25/5GB, but the service was inferior and not worth the cost.  I cut the landline cord at the first available opportunity. 

Chichi85

Last month! Was overpaying at an absurd amount of $140 +taxes for a 3gb shared plan with Bell 😞 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Never! My phone bill is only $10 with Telus. I can't wait to switch over and reap the benefits of a better plan with rewards and valuable community.

Need Help? Let's chat.