cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get your referrals?

LeafLife
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm curious to know how others are getting referrals for others to signup 🙂

Share with the group and we can grow this company to the point where they have more resources to spend on some of the issues i see in the community board 🙂 

15 REPLIES 15

@wenwen Members are not allowed to post referral codes on this message board website as this is a form of advertisting for financial gain. 

Pediol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

By the way, I also want to try this method

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@madhi19 wrote:

Tricky thing about signing up family, and friends if you're not careful you end up managing their phones for them.

Yeah, I pretty much manage anyones Public phone account for them for free anyways, and at least if they with Public I feel better since we all saving $ together.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So far my referrals has been my immediate family, slowly switching everyone to PM. 

GGPlayer

-I saw some people posts on Kijiji to offer free simcards if you use them as referrals. 

-On Amazon PM simcard selling page, many people reviewed it and post their referral code.

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tricky thing about signing up family, and friends if you're not careful you end up managing their phones for them.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@LeafLife, this is a self serving post and doesn't fit with the purpose of the community forum which is to assist customers with problems affecting their service.  I suggest refraining from initiating such discussions. 

Why not it's posted in the lounge?

At the end of the day everyone is a winner when referrals are used.

Public mobile get more clients

The people who use the code get a one time discount (essentially a free SIM)

We get a few dollars taken off our plan ☺️

@jor123 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@LeafLife, this is a self serving post and doesn't fit with the purpose of the community forum which is to assist customers with problems affecting their service.  I suggest refraining from initiating such discussions. 

I don't think this is self-serving or against the "purpose" of the community forums. The Lounge is for off-topic discussions. 

I moved it hear as it does go against the purpose of the main community forums.

@TheGxfor the french-speaking people you were mentioning there is a whole french site for PM as well that you can direct them to

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

I don't think this is self-serving or against the "purpose" of the community forums. The Lounge is for off-topic discussions. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shaidah wrote:

I signed up to PM in April and at that time I did a full overhaul of my expenses.  I reduced internet costs, cancelled the land line and switched to VOIP, cancelled paying for parking at work and started cycling significantly more.  My coworkers started asking me about this, especially since they noticed that I wasn't paying for parking.  I have gotten only a couple referrals this way it is still something!  

Cutting expenses is always worthwhile! 

Shaidah

I signed up to PM in April and at that time I did a full overhaul of my expenses.  I reduced internet costs, cancelled the land line and switched to VOIP, cancelled paying for parking at work and started cycling significantly more.  My coworkers started asking me about this, especially since they noticed that I wasn't paying for parking.  I have gotten only a couple referrals this way it is still something!  

@TheGx wrote:

Even if it's self serving, it benefits everyone to help everyone refer more people, everyone benefits from referals in one way or another - Public gets more $, the refered gets to save $ and gets $, the referer gets $, so I'm in favour of discussing and sharing with everyone any ideas of how to refer more.

I tell everyone I know, Family/friends/strangers, to switch to Public - those who don't know how or are just to lazy, I will do the entire process for them, setting up the sim card online etc. For those who don't talk english, the main barrier to switching is the whole do-it-yourself-online process since not only can't they read english many are used to it all being done for them, so doing everything for them helps convince them to switch.

Another barrier is fear of losing their number, so many have to be hand held through the process and assured that porting works fine and they won't lose their number.

For Family/friends in different cities, I tell them to buy the sim and voucher and send me a photo of it with all their info so I can set it up online for them, then when it's all done they just switch sims when their old sim stops working.

So far I never had to contact the Moderator Team for anyone I've refered, probably because I already made mistakes with my own accounts before and had to contact the Moderators, so now I'm more experienced with the whole set up process enough to do it without any issues for others thus far.

So, I think the best way to get referals is to do the same job of a customer service rep we all see at all the other cell phone retail stores - which means doing eveything for others that want to join Public if they won't do it for themselves.

You have taken a few pages from my playbook.  This is what I have done and continue to do.  The way OP discussed referrals, it is purely self serving. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Even if it's self serving, it benefits everyone to help everyone refer more people, everyone benefits from referals in one way or another - Public gets more $, the refered gets to save $ and gets $, the referer gets $, so I'm in favour of discussing and sharing with everyone any ideas of how to refer more.

I tell everyone I know, Family/friends/strangers, to switch to Public - those who don't know how or are just to lazy, I will do the entire process for them, setting up the sim card online etc. For those who don't talk english, the main barrier to switching is the whole do-it-yourself-online process since not only can't they read english many are used to it all being done for them, so doing everything for them helps convince them to switch.

Another barrier is fear of losing their number, so many have to be hand held through the process and assured that porting works fine and they won't lose their number.

For Family/friends in different cities, I tell them to buy the sim and voucher and send me a photo of it with all their info so I can set it up online for them, then when it's all done they just switch sims when their old sim stops working.

So far I never had to contact the Moderator Team for anyone I've refered, probably because I already made mistakes with my own accounts before and had to contact the Moderators, so now I'm more experienced with the whole set up process enough to do it without any issues for others thus far.

So, I think the best way to get referals is to do the same job of a customer service rep we all see at all the other cell phone retail stores - which means doing eveything for others that want to join Public if they won't do it for themselves.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Probably referring family and friends.

Need Help? Let's chat.