Hockey Night in Canada!!!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

flames.jpg

 Hockey Predictions Year?

186 REPLIES 186

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Aaaaand, barring a miracle, it might be time to stick a fork in 'em, cuz they're probably done..... well, at least according to the TV guy's(wasn't paying attention to which one of 'em said it) stat, i.e. of the teams that have taken a 2-0 lead in the final, their record of winning the Cup is 46-5. 😔

Based on the 1st two games, it seems to be less about keeping Tampa from scoring(although, that's OBVIOUSLY extremely important, but appears doable, IF they eliminate boneheaded mistakes), and more about being able to put some biscuits past Vasilevskiy..... 🤔

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Canadiens-Brendan-Gallagher-bleeds-from-forehead-after-getting-slammed-onto-the-ice.jpg

Bloodied but not broken!!!

Yeah, the temp. coach said yesterday, that Gallagher's face, "looks like a roadmap"! 😁

TheGx

Montreal down one game in series again...so again now the time for all of Canada to rally behind Les Canadiens so they can bring Lord Stanley Cup back to Canada for good where it belongs!!!

Canadiens-Brendan-Gallagher-bleeds-from-forehead-after-getting-slammed-onto-the-ice.jpg

Bloodied but not broken!!!

Allez! Allez! Allez! Go! Go! Go Montreal!!!

TheGx

They did it Montreal really did it made it final round Stanley Cup Playoffs!!! Now it really is time for all of Canada help Les Habitants those dolts down one game, gogogo Montreal!!!

901361408.jpeg

Bring that Cup back to Canada for good where it belongs!!! Gogogo allez allez allez Les Canadiens🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Even the refs can't stop us haha!!!

Bring that cup back to Canada where it belongs!!! Gogogo allez allez allez Les Canadiens🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Yeah, I'd love nothing more, and while they've managed to shut down the top scorers on the 3 previous opponents, I'm not sure they can do the same against Tampa, since they have too many offensive weapons..... although, the Islanders gave 'em all they could handle..... 🤔

TheGx

Even the refs can't stop us🍻

GettyImages-1324312383.d12b9462.jpeg

this time is real!!!

TheGx

Even the refs can't stop us haha!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Bring that cup back to Canada where it belongs!!! Gogogo allez allez allez Les Canadiens🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

TheGx

Now's the time for all of Canada to rally behind Les Canadiens so they can get to the cup! Help Montreal at home finish those Las Vegas yellow tights off in game 6! Gogogo Montreal!

85007684-scaled.jpg

TheGx

Now that we up on those yellow tights we can't let up now, so let's really help put those Las Vegas yellow tights down another game!!!

Golden_Knights_Canadiens_Hockey_18047.jpg

Bring that cup back to Canada where it belongs!!! Gogogo Montreal Allez Allez Allez🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

Even though I'm from Montreal I am not a habs fan lol

BLASPHEMY!!! LET'S GET THE ROPE & FIND THE NEAREST TREE!!! 😉

Go Devils! haha

Eeeeewwww!!! 😮

TheGx

Gogogo Montreal, series tied now time to pull ahead of the Las Vegas yellow tights!!!

tumblr_mb3n3n6seb1qegkre.gif

CFPartDeux

@softech wrote:

I am cheering for Canadiens this year too.. 

but I agree 100% that it is kinda silly to "AUTOMATICALLY cheer on the remaining Canadian based team"  .. Afterall.. it's just US vs Canada years after years.. Americans would be very tired to "AUTOMATICALLY cheer on the remaining US based team"   🙂

The part that gets me, is that I've seen it in the recent past, where the fans at the U.S. team's home game start chanting "U.S.A, U.S.A....."(ISTR seeing this in a Habs/Bruins game 🤔), and at the time, when looking over the respective rosters, there were several more Americans on the visiting team. 🙄

**one team that's hard to cheer for .. Ottawa Senators.

Well, we all have our personal hated teams, and the Senators gave my Habs considerable trouble this season, BUT you gotta respect how well they played after their horrific start, and they're a pretty hard working team. 👍

I am cheering for Canadiens this year too.. 

but I agree 100% that it is kinda silly to "AUTOMATICALLY cheer on the remaining Canadian based team"  .. Afterall.. it's just US vs Canada years after years.. Americans would be very tired to "AUTOMATICALLY cheer on the remaining US based team"   🙂

**one team that's hard to cheer for .. Ottawa Senators.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just ant believe that the habs have made it this far. I keep saying there is no way that they will win against each team that they play. But they always find a way. Even though I'm from Montreal I am not a habs fan lol

Go Devils! haha

TheGx

Good thing we live in free country where we can express our support or non support however and wherever we choose.

As for needing to do anything or automatically doing anything - I did not post the need or to automatically do anything. I posted that this was the time to support, if anyone don't want to do so they free to not support - but I don't think it's ridiculous or silly to choose to support them either, it's just difference of opinion.

CFPartDeux

Yeah, while I have often cheered for the remaining Canadian team, in various past years, it always depends on who it is, and how they got where they are, but have always thought it was rather silly to AUTOMATICALLY cheer on the remaining Canadian based team. My wife has often said that you gotta do that, but just to "ruffle her feathers", I usually point out how it's quite often that the remaining U.S. based teams have more Canadians on the roster than the Canadian based team. 😜

Karnbot13

@TheGx wrote:

@Karnbot13 :Chicago needs to be better and make the playoffs before you complain about Canadians supporting Les Canadiens🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦!!!

That's not what I wrote and you know it. Just because I live in Canada doesn't mean I need to support any Canadian team just because they're the only one left playing. As for my Blackhawks, yes we need to be better. Until then, I'll enjoy the Cups they did win and live on our past glories. You know, like a certain team in la Belle province. 😏

TheGx

@Karnbot13 :Chicago needs to be better and make the playoffs before you complain about Canadians supporting Les Canadiens🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦!!!

Karnbot13

@TheGx wrote:

Montreal down one game in series...now's the time for all of Canada to really behind Les Canadiens so they can get to the cup!

0116-spt-habs-1.jpg

I will not cheer for the Canadiens or any other Canadian based team in any capacity, in my lifetime. I am a Blackhawks fan and cheering for any Canada based team simply because they are the only ones still playing has always been ridiculous. If the Cup is supposed to come back to Canada, then the teams need to be better and then it will happen.

TheGx

Montreal down one game in series...now's the time for all of Canada to really behind Les Canadiens so they can get to the cup!

0116-spt-habs-1.jpg

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Oh...this picture must be missing the year they won cup before NHL was formed...

CFPartDeux

@TheGx  And that pic would still be short by one Cup.....

TheGx

Hahaha, we'll have to add 2021 as soon as they win it👍

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

montreal_canadiens_stanley_cup_pin.jpg

Time to cheer for Montreal to win cup🍻🍻🍻

Need to find a better pic - that one is short by 1 Cup. 😁

TheGx

montreal_canadiens_stanley_cup_pin.jpg

Time to cheer for Montreal to win cup🍻🍻🍻

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

If the Canadiens keep playing they way they are are then all of the American teams have better watch out!

Yeah, they'd give 'em some trouble, BUT as mentioned before, a few of those teams(Tampa at the top of the list) have a wee bit too much firepower, which would most likely eventually break down the defense. Methinks that's part of why T.O. didn't overcome them, i.e. they limited Marner & Matthews to 1 goal combined, and although Nylander scored several times, the rest of the team didn't make up for M & M not scoring. 🤔

Leafs fan here wondering.. it should be our team there..

(yes, the Leafs fans have been wondering this for half a century....)

@CFPartDeux 

If the Canadiens keep playing they way they are are then all of the American teams have better watch out!

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto  Well, it's amazing what a team can do when EVERYONE is skating & checking hard. What's even more amazing, is that Staal is leading the team in points..... Perry has been a good pickup, but up until the playoffs, I thought Staal was a waste of space on the bench. 😮

Need Help? Let's chat.