Hockey Night in Canada!!!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

flames.jpg

 Hockey Predictions Year?

186 REPLIES 186

TheGx

Well...I found my old hockey thread...it's been a pretty boring off season espcially for Calgary fans...but if Toronto gets Karlsson I'm thinking they're Cup favorites especially with Treliving picking up where in left off in WIN NOW MODE in Calgary but for Toronto now...

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Even if you wanted to see them play it wouldn't likely be at home game for you now would it? Just like the Leafs it will always be premium ticket when they play the Canucks.

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough, i.e. if there's LOTS of empty seats for Habs home games, and us long time fans, anywhere else in the country, turn off their games before the 60mins. have actually expired, WHY would any of us actually want to pay money to watch yet another disgusting display of ineptitude!? 🤮 

One more win in a row and the Canucks will have won the same amount of games as the Habs have all season!😁

I guess you meant "one more win for the Nuckles, and they'll have won as many IN A ROW, as the Habs have all season"......

The only thing the Habs have done right, so far, is "tanking" for the #1 pick in the draft, but then they'll manage to screw that up too, since it's a lottery system anyway, AAAAAND, next year is the correct year to tank, to get Connor Bedard. 🙄 Gee, maybe they can tank this year and get Shane Wright(sp?), and then tank next year too! 😉

@CFPartDeux 

Even if you wanted to see them play it wouldn't likely be at home game for you now would it? Just like the Leafs it will always be premium ticket when they play the Canucks. One more win in a row and the Canucks will have won the same amount of games as the Habs have all season!😁

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Lol...thats what the Skytrain is for but seeing as Montreal is a premium ticket then no it isn't likely we will see each other anytime soon.

LOL, maybe in some other season.... ANY other season, but not this year! Have you seen a Habs home game this year - there are LOTS of empty seats, and as poorly as they're playing(I've seen PeeWee teams looking more cohesive!), why would anyone out here want to spend money on a "premium ticket" to see hockey THAT bad! 👎  I was watchin' last night's game, but went & watched the local news while the 3rd period was on, and checked in occasionally, but ended up turning it off with about 8mins. left, because it was already hopeless by that point. 🤢🤮  🤢🤮  🤢🤮  🤢🤮  🤢🤮 

@CFPartDeux 

Lol...thats what the Skytrain is for but seeing as Montreal is a premium ticket then no it isn't likely we will see each other anytime soon.

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Boudreaux will do for Vancouver what Sutter doing for Calgary👍

Quite possibly..... he DOES have a pretty good record as a coach, BUT he has worn out his welcome in a couple of previous locations..... in Washington, I think it was the fact that although his teams could score A LOT, and win a lot of games, they just couldn't turn up the defense at playoff time, and had too many early exits.

CFPartDeux

@BKNS27 wrote:

It is amazing that the Canucks are on a winning streak after a coach and GM change.

A fairly common occurence after a coaching change, at least for a few games. Once everything settles down, it often goes one of two ways, i.e. the new coach's style and/or system works well for the players, and they carry on playing well, or they all get used to each other, and the players revert back to previous bad habits..... 🤔

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Last night's Canucks vs Jets game was quite the exciting affair and it's great to see that the coaching and management changes have reinvigorated the team. So I did a search and 4 of us are off to see the Canucks play the Hurricanes tomorrow. All in taxes, fees and US exchange rate $33 a ticket! Upcoming games against the Blue Jackets, Blues and Ducks have similar pricing. Maybe I will see you at a game sometime?😁

EXTREMELY unlikely! Not only do I RARELY pay to watch a team I'm not a fan of, but it's also quite a pain-in-the-ass to deal with traffic & parking down there. 👎

Flames got games postponed due to Covid protocol ...

NBA got some , too.. read an article saying it is now so much like 2 years ago when they shortened the season..  So, would we still have Hockey Night in Canada in 2 week? next months?  🤔

TheGx

Boudreaux will do for Vancouver what Sutter doing for Calgary👍

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

It is amazing that the Canucks are on a winning streak after a coach and GM change.

Just need to get Elias Pettersson to start scoring again.

@CFPartDeux 

Last night's Canucks vs Jets game was quite the exciting affair and it's great to see that the coaching and management changes have reinvigorated the team. So I did a search and 4 of us are off to see the Canucks play the Hurricanes tomorrow. All in taxes, fees and US exchange rate $33 a ticket! Upcoming games against the Blue Jackets, Blues and Ducks have similar pricing. Maybe I will see you at a game sometime?😁

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Nowadays all tickets are virtual tickets so the chances that a ticket is invalid is extremely low. I have lucked out and attended many events for very low prices. The spur of the moment last minute ticket purchase is my go to.....and it helps to live only a 10 minute bike ride away from most major venues.

It's still possible to get a bad ticket. I know that when tickets are officially transferred, a new barcode is issue with a different number.  Even if the ticket selling site does check with the venue, a ticket could still possibly get cancelled.  A seller could also accidently sell the same ticket twice, especially if they e-mail an electronic vesion of the original ticket (without going through the official box office procedure of issuing a new ticket).  You being 10 minutes away does help because you could just go home if it's a bad ticket or check if the box office has any for sale.

@computergeek541 

Nowadays all tickets are virtual tickets so the chances that a ticket is invalid is extremely low. I have lucked out and attended many events for very low prices. The spur of the moment last minute ticket purchase is my go to.....and it helps to live only a 10 minute bike ride away from most major venues.

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Lol....Stub Hub. My friend had asked about Habs tickets in March when I noticed Flyers tickets were US $19 with taxes and fees. So we made an instant decision to go to the game.

That happens, especially when there's very little  time remaining time to mail/ship tickets. One time, I was able to get 2 seats at field level behind home plate at Rogers Centre for $26.  I managed to get them on eBay with a bid of $1 + $25 for shipping. Purolator next day shipping came through and the tickets arrive about 8 hours before the game. 

For some teams, they do allow season tickets holder to trade unused tickets in for credit, but I believe that there is usually a limit to that.  If the people selling them can't attend the game themselves (or have too many tickets),  they'll often sell at a lower price or risk getting nothing for them at all.  I'm aware that event tickets always say no exchanges/no refunds on them, but my experiences have been that the team's ticketing customer service counter wil often accomodate customers to some extrent, especially if the account that they were purchased from has purchased multiple tickets in the past.  I've personally had a friend back out a couple times on game day because she couldn't make it and there wasn't enough time to find someone else to attend. Rather than sell it off at a land extreme loss for a game that was taking place that same day, I went myself and enjoyed the game anyway.  I went to the ticketing customer service counter inside the stadium and explained to them that I had someone cancel on me, and both times, they were fine with giving me a ticket for a future event. I then paid the difference to add a second ticket to the future game.  They didn't even mind if I wasn't going to make an additional purchase. The person would have exchanged the single ticket without mean buying something else.  

When buying from anywhere but the official box office, there's always a chance that the tickets will be invalid.  Any of the large resale sites will have a guarantee, but using the example of Stubhub, they can't check the validity of a ticket that gets shipped directly from the seller.  Even if they could check the ticket valdity, that could change any time up until the time that the ticket gets used.  You would get refunded the purchase price by resale sites if the tickets weren't accepted by the vanue, but unfortunately, that won't still allow you to attend the event unless you then purchase additional (valid) tickets.

@CFPartDeux 

Lol....Stub Hub. My friend had asked about Habs tickets in March when I noticed Flyers tickets were US $19 with taxes and fees. So we made an instant decision to go to the game.

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

A friend and I decided at 5pm last night to go to the Canucks game. Arrived at 6:50 pm and got thru security just as the Canadian anthem finished. Three goals scored before we arrived at our section. Grabbed a large white wine and 20oz bud ($32!!😀) and proceeded to our seats to watch the rest of 3 remaining scoreless periods....*sigh*....but good night for $40 each (ticket+drink.)😃

Ok, I just HAVE TO ask - how did you score tickets THAT cheap? Were those seats two rickety old lawn chairs, loosely duct-taped to the rafters somewhere in a dark, spider-infested corner? 😉  Didn't know your POWER coupon skillz could net you Nuckles tickets.... 🤣

TheGx

@darlicious :Hockey Night in Canada is back baby yeeaAhhh🥳

A friend and I decided at 5pm last night to go to the Canucks game. Arrived at 6:50 pm and got thru security just as the Canadian anthem finished. Three goals scored before we arrived at our section. Grabbed a large white wine and 20oz bud ($32!!😀) and proceeded to our seats to watch the rest of 3 remaining scoreless periods....*sigh*....but good night for $40 each (ticket+drink.)😃

PXL_20211029_024652328.NIGHT.jpg

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Ha ha yeah, Montreal losing Price/Webber/Danault/Perry/etc proving to be too much change from their playoff line up...

CFPartDeux

After 8 games, the Habs lead the Eastern Conference...... wait, you mean it's NOT like golf, where the low score wins!? 😮 ☹️

TheGx

After 7 regular season games Calgary leads Western Conference👏🔥👍

Sutter hockey Sutter systems hopefully we can keep this up all season 💪🔥🍻

I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out....

IMG_20211028_200849720.jpg

TheGx

@darlicious :Not sure if it on fan gear, but this is just the beginning and it'll probably get worse...

@TheGx 

That's horrible having ads on jerseys other than the jersey manufacturer. So is that on the fan gear as well? If it is are they cheaper because you have to advertise for them or if its not then is it truly authentic? Since authentic gear is the most expensive this is a problem....I mean how many fans shell out for Spengler Cup gear?

TheGx

Preseason finally starting tonight and real season not too far away🥳

Eric Francis from Calgary Sun predicted Calgary won't make playoffs and Gaudreau get traded before deadline - I'm gonna go opposite and say Calgary will make playoffs and Johnny Hockey stays in Calgary🍻

🔥🔥🔥 GO FLAMES GO 🔥🔥🔥

CFPartDeux

@TheGx  Just so long as they don't end up looking like those clown outfits so many European teams have..... geez, even those stick-on ads, the teams have to put on the front of their helmets, are annoying. 👎

TheGx

I guess they're not too bad when this small and same colours, but still wish didn't have ads at all...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2198810 

CFPartDeux

Well, now I guess next season Montreal can try out the Kucherov/salary cap trick, assuming Shea Weber doesn't retire, ALTHOUGH, from the sound of it, he likely wouldn't even be good to go by playoff time. 😞

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :It all part of the curse that is snowballing ever since they dared to damage our Cup, nothing will go right fit them, losing their players to expansion and salary caps etc is only the beginning haha!

Need Help? Let's chat.