cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half price sim cards 20% off vouchers

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just found a cell phone supply website offering PM and other providers SIM cards for 4.99 and vouchers at 20% off never used them would it be ok to post site for members to check it out. I would like to know.

271 REPLIES 271

brettster99

@Naepalm 

Don't worry about it I was kinda joking.

10% off on 6.00 total puchase is what = .06 rounded down to .05 

OMG I PAYED 0.05 MORE BURN DOWN THE BRIDGES IM GOING FULL MR.KRABS

😂😂😂

@brettster99 sorry...

brettster99

@Naepalm 

I could have used that for 10% off my sim card purchases 😂

@RossN 

Okay now I am feeling better. 

@brettster99 hi I can understand a person's trepidation and I fully agree with the old saying if it's sounds to good to be true but I took the plunge and bought a few vouchers for 20% off paid with cc worked perfect, waited 2 weeks bought a  sim card 2.99 used pay pal will see how that goes so far they shipped it the same day they seem very professional  I guess they have a brick and mortar store in Toronto I trust them about the same as anyone else on the internet😁

@mpcdesign they take Paypal as well. 

I am uaing one if those SIM cards for my moms account Ill let you know how it goes lol. 

@benfatto there are a few of us that have a referall  code for canadiancellsupplies that will give an additional 10% off as well. If you need it just Private message me and I can give it. Does not give any bonuses just 10% off whoever uses it. 

@mpcdesign wrote:

@will13am, I totally agree with you. How is a business able to get a better price point than what Public Mobile is offering. They even had these on sale for $5, and here is this weird company selling it at $2.99? 

Relax.....they aren’t going to screw you. There is no doubt in my mind that the retailers like Walmart may be receiving them for $0-$5 and the rest is their profit after setting up the account or some how maybe PM gives them a few bucks more. 

It sounds awesome, but, I truly don't want my credit card information stolen and used elsewhere one day down the road. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. 

USE PAYPAL. And have PayPal only backed from a bank account with no over draft and only enough money in it to cover the purchase.  Do not give PayPal a credit card! And yes you will have to make the effort to move funds into that bank account. 

Kudos to those who are able to take advantage of this smoking deal. I have 3 of the $5 SIM cards, but just waiting to give them to my first referrals! 

Right the whole pricing is win win win for SIM cards.....and PM gathers more customers. 

brettster99

@fdrcamb519 

Okay great then. See @mpcdesign it is a reputable place. Still hope though my CC number gets stolen lol but thats holds true for any online ordering

fdrcamb519

@brettster99 

@brettster99 wrote:

@mpcdesign 

People think they are offering that because of a lost leader thing. To bring people onto there site and hopefully, they spend more.

Also, I'm guessing I am the guinea pig here for using my CC to pay. Will let you know if I am screwed over by them

you're not the guinea pig, they have been around for a while I have ordered at least 4 times so have other members, they run out of stock now but they usually have vouchers on sale as well  $10 voucher for $8. I like them.

brettster99

@mpcdesign 

People think they are offering that because of a lost leader thing. To bring people onto there site and hopefully, they spend more.

Also, I'm guessing I am the guinea pig here for using my CC to pay. Will let you know if I am screwed over by them

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is actually a pretty awesome deal, especially since it also says free shipping to Canada and the US. If there was anyone I knew who was on the fence or even slightly considering switching I would buy one just to get the referral. Or better yet buy some now and sit on them until PM runs one of there promos where of you refer someone you get a bonus and they get a bonus.

@mpcdesign  I pay them through PayPal. They don't get anywhere near my credit card information.

@will13am, I totally agree with you. How is a business able to get a better price point than what Public Mobile is offering. They even had these on sale for $5, and here is this weird company selling it at $2.99? 

It sounds awesome, but, I truly don't want my credit card information stolen and used elsewhere one day down the road. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. 

Kudos to those who are able to take advantage of this smoking deal. I have 3 of the $5 SIM cards, but just waiting to give them to my first referrals! 

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@kb_mv 

@kb_mv wrote:

@benfatto The ad says plan activation is required, no mention of it being "pre-activated"

The SIM Cards are not activated. Sealed unused SIM.

They are NOT sealed. But you can check if they are valid once you receive them. 

brettster99

@will13am 

A lot of people bought SIMs from this place with no problems at all. Some even experienced people like @gblackma have done this

@kb_mv Great value and offer! Thanks!

fdrcamb519

@kb_mv 

@kb_mv wrote:

@benfatto The ad says plan activation is required, no mention of it being "pre-activated"

The SIM Cards are not activated. Sealed unused SIM.

Any place that undercuts the regular pricing is suspicious and not worth the risk.  

It's gone back down again. @kb_mv  it was $3.99 this morning. Stay safe. 

benfatto

@kb_mv wrote:

No sure what forum to put this in, feel free to move it.

Canadian Cell Supplied offering PM sim card for $2.99.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

Great deal; provided you can activate yourself and give the referral to someone you choose.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

No sure what forum to put this in, feel free to move it.

Canadian Cell Supplied offering PM sim card for $2.99.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

@Naepalm 

You got all six current Oracle's correct.....i can't quite remember which oracle made the executive decision to move this thread from getting started to the lounge. I would not necessarily  agree with the move but it was done when it started to get a little off topic but it was reigned in.

I think the larger argument would be whether it should be in paying for your service or getting started.......originally it was the discounted vouchers that got us excited then the constantly changing conditions of the sale of sim cards and the changing prices has allowed quite a few users  to save big on their sim cards to get started with public mobile. If I had started the thread I might have argued the point but sometimes you have to pick your battles.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 interesting that this was moved to the lounge instead of staying in getting started, I see post from a few years ago that are in getting started and say here is a deal check it out: Edit

(edit info coming LOL)

Edit: research shows they are in fact consistent, sitting in a hospital room gives you lots of time to check these things LOL. 

Alright, I went through 168 pages with 15 entries per page and found 10..LOL These ten were after the lounge was created, there were more before the lounge was created.

So I must say this, apologies for questioning. And hats off to the oracles for keeping this clean, I now have a better understanding. At first glance, it seemed like this post was getting singled out but that is not the case 🙂

So that's to Kudos for  @Luddite @will13am @ShawnC13 @mimmo @NDesai @computergeek541  Great job guys, these are the only oracles I remember and see often. Not sure if there are more?

brettster99

@mpcdesign 

Here is the post about this. And @CalgaryBen on how they may be able to do this 

@CalgaryBen 

I suspect you are correct on many points....the promo codes are Sunday only codes now. PM sims are now $8.98 and the max purchase with promo codes are 2 weekly. Oh well all good things must come to an end.

CalgaryBen

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder how it works with resellers. I see they also say Chatr sold out and "Limited stock" of Freedom. How do you run out of something virtual like online vouchers? How do you carry stock?

@darlicious wrote:

I had considered it a loss leader driving traffic to the site to sell other stuff at full price but they don't seem to sell anything else online....? Are they declaring bankruptcy soon....so sell at fire sale prices? How do sell Sims for $0.11 when it costs $1 for the stamp?

I have absolutely no idea how things work with partners/resellers, but it looks like Canadian Cell Supplies operates out of the same address as Wireless Depot in North York (2489 Finch Avenue West -- you can see by Googling or checking out Google Streetview), and there is overlap in some of the offerings and carriers they deal with.

I'm speculating that they have access to cheap/free/courtesy $5 or $10 top-ups, perhaps from the Wireless Depot side of things, as an authorized dealer, for demos, testing, promos, consolation, starter-credit, etc., and they are offering these up on the CCS spin-off side to bring in visitors (whether at a profit or loss -- who knows?!). The list of discount codes that's displayed when you click on CCS's red discount code banner seems to suggest they have limited "stock" of top-ups daily, but unless they just release 1 per day or something, the PM top-ups have always been "Sold out" whenever I've checked, regardless of whether it's midnight EDT, MDT, PDT, or just random times of day. So, I really think it's just "creative marketing" (to spin it politely) to keep people coming back regularly to check. I do see "stock" more often for Freedom and Chatr, but those are $5, and maybe more plentiful.

I'm not quite sure how/why they're selling SIM cards for less than postage, but they're probably just expensing this as "advertising" or "marketing", and they get your e-mail onto a mailing list as their benefit. I came to know of CCS because they were a reseller for PM SIM cards on Amazon.ca, and while Amazon had PM SIMs for $10, CCS had them for something like $7 at the time, but then I found my way to the CCS site directly and bought them for $6 (again, at the time, it was a great deal...).

This is all speculation on my part, and I could be way off, but it's the only model that sort of makes sense to me!

@BearFBIWell, maybe someday if they actually ever get Public Mobile payment vouchers back in stock.......

BearFBI

I found another way to save more at Canadian Cell Supplies. If you signed up for their email offers you should have got a email that looks like this. 

Annotation 2020-05-05 104956.jpg

Their referral program gives you 10% off your next purchase and the person you referred  10% off too. I dont know if it works with the other referral codes though. Seems kinda garbage if it dosent. They seem to always have sales and deals. Who knows what mothers day will bring. imagine Black Friday. Lol free vouchers

@Anonymous  I had considered it a loss leader driving traffic to the site to sell other stuff at full price but they don't seem to sell anything else online....? Are they declaring bankruptcy soon....so sell at fire sale prices? How do sell Sims for $0.11 when it costs $1 for the stamp?

Need Help? Let's chat.