Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great budget phone

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

$100 for a usable phone.  Enough said.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Letv-Le-S3-X522-Dual-Sim-32GB-Smartphone-Mobile-4G-LTE-Unlocked-Gold-Gr...

There's also lineage OS sorrysu for those so inclined.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@april26 you may want to visit your local Staples store.  I haven't checked in a while but they used to carry several unlocked phones in store.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There are risks with buying from these third parties.  Warranty is illusory, shipping can take a while, etc.  Personally I have always received shipment and have never had a need for RMA.  I have not bought from this specific seller.  I do have a LeEco X820 purchased from a store that has less than a household name.  I have had the phone for 18 months, still runs well with lineage OS support.  

april26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I looked at the shipping - it looks like it will only arrive here in 2-4 weeks, and I need it now. I visited Best Buy at Metrotown, and they only had 3 phones on the shelf, at around $129. Unfortunately there was no-one to help - it looks like you buy the box and it's your problem.  If I go to Walmart, will they have any unlocked phones? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@april26 wrote:

That looks great but I'm terrified of not buying in a store so I can put the sim in and test? Perhaps I can go to Walmart - I think I saw one at Metrotown.

@april26:

I would put a lot of faith in what will13am is suggesting.

But I certainly get preferring the hands-on approach.

That phone appears to be being sold through Walmart via an outside vendor. So you likely won't find it in a Walmart.

april26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That looks great but I'm terrified of not buying in a store so I can put the sim in and test? Perhaps I can go to Walmart - I think I saw one at Metrotown.

Need Help? Let's chat.