Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Goodbye everyone. I've switched to Shaw Mobile and couldn't be happier

@dabr wrote:

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@FrostyButters   Thanks for updating your experience so far with Shaw Mobile.  It actually sounds quite decent.

Do you know if the $0/talk/text is only free for a certain length of time or it'll stay free as long as you stay with Shaw?  It kinda seems almost too good to be true and was wondering what conditions may come with it.   I understand that it's only $0 for Shaw's current internet subscribers and non Shaw customers would be paying $15 I believe.

I too have been curious about that, and I'm sure plenty of other folks are too. On one hand, Shaw gouges enough money out of internet & TV subscribers, that they could easily afford to keep the $0 plan going, BUT, OTOH, it's Shaw, and they routinely jack up their prices, so I expect that $0 plan won't stay that way for "as long as you stay with Shaw". 🤔

@CFPartDeux   Yeah, hopefully OP will come back and explain the $0 plan details a bit more, but as to increasing prices, I don't think Shaw is any different from the other internet providers, that is they ALL seem to increase their prices/or will match the increase of their competitors.  Alas!

Well, I JUST read some stuff about it, and yes, the $0 plan is an "introductory" deal, so at some point they'll be bumping it up. That, and you are correct, i.e. non-Shaw internet customers pay $15. My guess would be that Shaw will bump the non-Shaw customers' cost to Freedom-like cost, and Shaw customers will probably then end up with the ~$15 cost. 🤔

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

You said....... I don't think Shaw is any different from the other internet providers, that is they ALL* seem to increase their prices/or will match the increase of their competitors. Alas!

*ALL but public mobile as they tried that once......and it didn't go over too well!

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

You said....... I don't think Shaw is any different from the other internet providers, that is they ALL* seem to increase their prices/or will match the increase of their competitors. Alas!

*ALL but public mobile as they tried that once......and it didn't go over too well!

While you CAN access the internet via PM's data, I don't think too many folks would consider PM to be "an internet provider"..... 😜 😁

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

@darlicious   I actually was referring to internet providers.  But I'm sure even PM will eventually try to raise their prices despite what happened the last time they tried.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

While you CAN access the internet via PM's data, I don't think too many folks would consider PM to be "an internet provider"..... 😜 😁

@CFPartDeux 

You made me flip my tablet didn't you.....yes I realize that but i also thought that @dabr was referring to both internet and mobile service providers raising their prices.

Edit: Ok as i wrote I was wrong so now I'm righting my wrong as @dabr has clarified that by assuming I have made an 🐎 out of not U but me!

Highlighted

@FrostyButters wrote:

Thanks to the community for all of the help and support.

Public Mobile was the last telus service I subscribed to. I'm glad to have severed all ties.

We've all been had - just perhaps this is a clever ploy to use this forum to advertise for Shaw Mobile --- and perusing the pages of activity  it seems that it has  worked. 

Need Help? Let's chat.