cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom mobile giving cheaper plan. Should we switch?

Tapan676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I see that Freedom Mobile is providing offer. For existing or new customers. Can public mobile also do something for existing customers? I have attached a screenshot below.

Screenshot_2020-05-26-21-01-34-515_com.android.chrome.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What Public Mobile has that others don't is the potential to get deep discounts through the rewards program! I am shocked at how much I am saving right now because of it. The only thing is unless they offer a good deal to compete with these other budget mobile companies, they will not draw new users. I had no idea how cheap my plan could actually get when I first signed up. I signed up because it was cheap enough (though Freedom was cheaper) and because it is on the Telus network. I wanted a combo of reliable and cheap, so PM was a good balance. With the rewards discounts though, the balance is now all on the side of PM!

Good post @hyT 

Of course we mainly see the problems here not the Happy Customers so its a good reminder. I LIKE with how you went about your switch to PM, as I’ve said several times to other people here...”Do your homework”. A bit of research into how PM works and how to do the switch to PM can save considerable frustration! 

AE_Collector

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, I won't switch to Freedom Mobile even if they have cheaper plans. I was with Freedom Mobile. In fact I was with Wind Mobile before it turned into Freedom Mobile. Its coverage is atrocious in and near the areas I frequent when compared with Public Mobile. My wife complained I was not answering her calls when I did not actually receive the calls. The data signal did not work in most restaurants or inside buildings. I often saw a message warning me that I was roaming when I was in my own house just north of Toronto. Why did i stick with them? I was too busy working to look for other options. It was cheaper than the big three. When I finally had time and decided to look for a cheaper plan, I asked at the Freedom Mobile stores and kiosks. When the agents found out that I wanted to go for the prepaid plans, they brushed me off and told me to go do it online myself. I suspect that there is no or less money/commission for the agents when people downgrade their plans. So I searched online and found Public Mobile. I monitored this community forum for a few months. I saw the common problems people encountered in starting up with PM. I avoided those common mistakes and my porting over to PM was smooth and flawless. What's most satisfying is that when I have any questions, I can always come to this community to find answers. Most questions are eagerly answered by many current and more experienced PM customers. The one time I had to contact a Moderator, the response and resolution was within hours. All in all, my experience with PM has been positive while my experience with Freedom Mobile was disappointing. No, I will not switch to FM, not for now. Hope they will improve with time. I believe that having more viable competitions is good for us cellphone users.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676 In the long run PM still wins due to its reward system + it also has a promo now as was mentioned before by @CS_Agent 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@Tapan676

Please check Public Mobile promotions bellow:

https://bit.ly/2XEa8Bh

Public Mobile Team

@Tapan676 Freedom has had that 1.5GB plan for quite a while. I believe that a competitive repsonse trom Public for this to be unlikely.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676 wrote:

Hi, I see that Freedom Mobile is providing offer. For existing or new customers. Can public mobile also do something for existing customers?

Public Mobile DOES do something for its existing customers. It’s called “Rewards”. My PM Plan and my wife’s PM Plan are both free with rewards. Doesn’t get much better than that. Another plus is that PM runs on the  TELUS network, not the Freedom Network.

Tapan676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do we also get something from PM?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676 is that prepaid ? I think theres a prepaid one for $19. I don't see PM matching this offer. Stay safe. 

Public Mobile has not been matching or competing with Freedom Mobile for the longest time. I do noy believe that Public considers them to be ditect conpetition. I see Public Mobile as being much more likely to respond to either Lucky or Chatr.

Need Help? Let's chat.