cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Free Phone Promo

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

Has anyone noticed in the news the other day that Freedom Mobile is offering select free phones on their plans to conteract Telus and Rogers offering unlimited data for a set price because Freedom always has unlimited data for set price on their plans.

Be interesting to see what Public Mobile brings out from their marketing department in the future as other companies bring forward more promotions.

8 REPLIES 8

I switched from Freedom to pm. I had no issue with the customer service. It was quite good over 7 years with only a couple of issues that were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. I have the same plan here as there for the same price except I can earn rewards here. My biggest issue was having to roam for service outside of the city and no service in a lot of cities that you would think would have it like Winnipeg and Montreal. This along with my house being in a little zone in the middle of Vancouver that had poor coverage from cell towers freedom uses meant dropped calls and no service half the time I was at home. So I made the switch.

Freedom has exclusive license to Band 66. More 4G oomph - on the few devices which actually support it.

I didn't look into the Freedom free phone offer, but I wonder if they were offering devices which support their exclusive radio frequencies. 

Freedom has changed the old 'Away' network access, and now uses (or continues to use) Roger's network for their non-Freedom coverage in Canada.

Depending on the plan you subscribe to, there are no, or very minimal costs in whatever the now 'Away' zone is called, but it still isn't the same as coverage with Public Mobile on the Bell and Telus shared network.

Freedom's network is just OK where I live, work and play, but it's not suitable for me if I go elsewhere.  So I, will continue to use PM - as it's just that good.

I've moved this thread to The Lounge since Public Mobile cannot do anything to match a phone hardware promotion.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Public will not do anything to compete with freedom nor telus nor bell nor rogers.  Chatr is a different story, and pm will typically offer a competitive responce. Gone are the days of PM leading the 3rd tier segment. 

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Never say never things could change now that they have mini island stores in select malls in Canada. Cause Freedom started as Byod

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi

Has anyone noticed in the news the other day that Freedom Mobile is offering select free phones on their plans to conteract Telus and Rogers offering unlimited data for a set price because Freedom always has unlimited data for set price on their plans.

Be interesting to see what Public Mobile brings out from their marketing department in the future as other companies bring forward more promotions.

But at the end of the day, freedom is only good for people that live in a city. For me it’s useless as I have a trailer that it out of their coverage area, and would cost a ton for usage. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is strictly BYOD. I don't see any phones, free or not, offered here anytime soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.