cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fizz Mobile for US data

Starturtle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone in BC acquired a Fizz mobile sim card during the beta for the purposes of cheap data in the USA?  $4.40/month for USA and Canada text, talk and 40GB of data sounds awfully tempting even if it's just to use as a 6 month burner sim.

8 REPLIES 8

Starturtle

Here's their coverage map if you scroll down the page.  Seems pretty good across Canada especially in the major cities. They even have coverage up the Sea to Sky Hwy past Whistler to Pemberton which is better than some of the Big 3.

https://fizz.ca/en/mobile?CVRG=109&DATA=12033&PLAN=3&SMS=223&VOICE=90&WIZARD=mobile&ADDONS[0]=18

@dust2dust 

upon further investigation...it's only available in small portion of lower mainland.

@hTideGnow- I didn't go looking. I especially didn't go looking in any iphone place. So I missed nothing. I was hoping someone might have an answer without looking. Maybe I'll get around to having a look some time although hairbag1 seems to have some input. If Fizz won't connect to anything elsewhere in Canada then it's rather useless.

Starturtle

Agreed, I was seeking people's experience with it especially as a dual sim card for cheap US roaming.

@hTideGnow 

service doesn't seem to be available in the interior of BC....at least not in the Koots.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If someone were to get a sim and send it to you can you sign up? Can you use a fake QC address? Is it prepaid or postpaid? ie. a credit check needed?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Starturtle  yes, that deal is crazy..wish they offer it for the rest of Canada as well

Need Help? Let's chat.