cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIPP to save money on groceries

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you download the FLIPP App you can see the different flyers that come out from each store.  You can create a shopping list and use it to price match at certain stores.  I have saved quite a bit using this app. Try it out and start to save.

31 REPLIES 31

@will13am wrote:

@Naepalm wrote:

@darlicious yeah number 10 was due yesterday, still no baby though. Thanks for tagging me 

Sorry for being nosy, but I have ask.  How do you guys do it?  In hockey terms, #3 means you are playing short handed.  At 10, it is like the penalty box is full and there is no goalie.  I went through two lost decades at even strength.  

@will13am first off awesome to hear about your family I hope they are well during this time. How we do it? Ya, I ask myself that every day LOL. But financially I am very frugal and a good budget follower, my wife calls me a geek because I love numbers so much. It has created this patience in us like nothing else though. Conflict resolution happens every hour. I truly love kids though and pour as much as I can into mine, taking them out individually and together at times. Our kids kinda naturally pair up as friends so for the most part, they keep each other occupied. 

Wouldnt trade it for the world, and your right about the hockey reference. I almost feel like the crazy Patrick Roy on the bench screaming at them but they are on the ice and I can't go on the ice...LOL

@Naepalm wrote:

@darlicious yeah number 10 was due yesterday, still no baby though. Thanks for tagging me 

Sorry for being nosy, but I have ask.  How do you guys do it?  In hockey terms, #3 means you are playing short handed.  At 10, it is like the penalty box is full and there is no goalie.  I went through two lost decades at even strength.  

@darlicious right thats a quick amazon order forsure

@Naepalm 

Thanks for that....the bf needs that as his screensaver....

Any other huge budget people here, if not here is some perspective:

Screenshot_20200502_215816.jpg

@Naepalm 

No problem you've got a lot of hungry mouths to feed and I really don't need any more cereal I've already got about 50 boxes.....half of them stored in bathroom off the kitchen! But it's so hard not to go to "work" and get paid to unstock their shelves and stock my bathroom!

@zblackma

I'm resisting the urge to get more heavily discounted kelloggs cereal. Maybe I should pull in @Naepalm  on this one since #10 Is due any day now. You can use your flipp app for this one.

Depending where you live....a little luck in your pc optimum offers this week helps as well (as a household you can cycle thru your offers to try and get it.) Look for the 200 points for every $1 spent on kelloggs, independent has 5k for every $10 spent on kelloggs family size cereal. RCSS has buy 2 fs kelloggs cereal get free zip lock containers (they price match so a better price per unit is likely.) Look for $1 off coupons for various kelloggs cereals in store or printable online. Go to th kelloggs free gas card website to view the eligible fs cereals eligible for this offer but they do contain : raisin bran, mini wheats, vanilla almond special k, fruit loops, corn pops, frosted flakes and a couple others.

Purchase on the same reciept in an ideal combination* of 10x vs kelloggs fs cereal @ $5 per box (ideally) = $50 (if you have coupons you must purchase at least $10-$20**more groceries on your bill) with all or some of these pco offers : 200 pts/$1, spend $50/10k pts, spend $10/5k pts.

All combined will work out to: 10 boxes=$50 - $10 coupons=$40 :recieve back in points in order listed: 10k+10k+25k=$45k* back in points for a $40 spend** You are now up $5 + 10 boxes of cereal but you can also submit this reciept for the gas card promo ($5 prepaid visa cards) limit 5 per household. Final math: spend $40 recieve $45k worth of points and get $25 visa prepaid gift cards....10×kelloggs fs cereal and you walk out with an extra $30 in your pocket!!!  (RFD lava hot)

RCSS spend will be $40 spent+20k pts+ $25 prepaid visas+ 5 zip lock container packs (value=$20-$30)

@zblackma wrote:

Since the Loblaws companies flyers have gone digital. Would you recommend this app or is there a better one for Toronto. Thanks. in advance.

We use it; seems current.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@zblackma wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. One more question. Would the app, website version pull more data? Thanks. Ignoring gas, I try for a minimum of 10% off of the grocery bill If I pay $90 for a $100 worth of groceries. I just earned a free senior movie ticket. I try not to overdo it now.

I think that the version of the flyer versions in app may use less than the regular desktop version from the store's website. On a desktop browser, the website might assume that you're using an unlimited home internet connection, while in an app, this is almost certainly being used on a cell phone. This of course, depends on the programming of the app being used and of the the images being provided for download.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for all the suggestions. One more question. Would the app or the website version pull more data? Thanks. Ignoring gas, I try for a minimum of 10% off of the grocery bill If I pay $90 for a $100 worth of groceries. I just earned a free senior movie ticket. I try not to overdo it now.

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Met one guy at Superstore the other day and apparently he said he works for Air Canada. He told me about this Flipp app while i was looking at some Fries to price match. I already knew they are for half price at No Frills, but i used the web version of Flipp just to check and it was there. I just had to type it in the search bar and it gave me a list of where it is available and for what price. You can save more on higher priced items. Plus, get some bonus if you have Optimum points or PC credit card account. If you shop at Loblaws stores, it's the best cashback value credit card. 

You do realize how irritating it is to be the customer behind you as you try to save 10¢ on a bag of fries?  

I actually saved $2 per bag let alone $3 on Oranges later.

Aim bigger than $2 and $3 off. Price matching can be an art.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Well now you are at least six feet behind me in line so your grumbling should be safely out of earshot. But I've always warn people off if I've started my check out. If I haven't I'll happily let the one item shopper ahead of me. But I've had people I've warned to try another line start to get snippy and I will very nicely remind them that they made the choice to stay in my line.

They remind me of customers who ask what dish I would not recommend and then choose it anyways. Then after eating half of it they want to complain. I won't put up with it...im 100% customer oriented and my earnings are directly dependant on their satisfaction but you're not going to get a free meal from my boss because you purposely chose to ignore my advice. I know that play.

I'm not saving 10 cents or $1. I'm aiming for a minimum savings of 30% at say no frills but closer to 60 % savings on same items at Safeway.....or in some cases in walking out the door with extra money in my pocket. Are you telling me you didn't go for the free lindt chocolate?

I am always well stocked with empty calories, candy, chips, soda, nuts, popcorn, jerky.  I still have quite of bit of rochers from the boxing week sale at SDM.  The local store was clearing 3 pack rochers for $0.39.  There was no limit, so I bought everything.  The last time I got lindt chocolates, Loblaws was selling them at $0.10 each.  I bought every one I could find.  I am opportunistic, non price matcher.  

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Well now you are at least six feet behind me in line so your grumbling should be safely out of earshot. But I've always warn people off if I've started my check out. If I haven't I'll happily let the one item shopper ahead of me. But I've had people I've warned to try another line start to get snippy and I will very nicely remind them that they made the choice to stay in my line.

They remind me of customers who ask what dish I would not recommend and then choose it anyways. Then after eating half of it they want to complain. I won't put up with it...im 100% customer oriented and my earnings are directly dependant on their satisfaction but you're not going to get a free meal from my boss because you purposely chose to ignore my advice. I know that play.

I'm not saving 10 cents or $1. I'm aiming for a minimum savings of 30% at say no frills but closer to 60 % savings on same items at Safeway.....or in some cases in walking out the door with extra money in my pocket. Are you telling me you didn't go for the free lindt chocolate?

No I did not chase the lindt chocolate deal.  I still have countless rochers from a boxing week clearance at SDM, $0.39 for 3 pieces.  With no limit, I cleaned out the shelf.  The last time I got lindt chocolate, they were $0.10 a piece at Loblaws, no limit.  I took the entire case.  

CNBC just reported that the US has seen almost double digit food inflation in the past couple of months.  Better clip those e-coupons.  If the US sneezes, the cold is coming north.  

@will13am 

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Met one guy at Superstore the other day and apparently he said he works for Air Canada. He told me about this Flipp app while i was looking at some Fries to price match. I already knew they are for half price at No Frills, but i used the web version of Flipp just to check and it was there. I just had to type it in the search bar and it gave me a list of where it is available and for what price. You can save more on higher priced items. Plus, get some bonus if you have Optimum points or PC credit card account. If you shop at Loblaws stores, it's the best cashback value credit card. 

You do realize how irritating it is to be the customer behind you as you try to save 10¢ on a bag of fries?  

Wow, I usually pay $2 and sometimes $1 for a bag of fries without need to use apps.  Like I said, those behind you really like you for bunging up the lineup.  

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

zblackma

Thankyou

zblackma

Thankyou appreciate the help. 

I've tried the flipp website but I find I can lose a signal  at no frills and superstore usually at the worst time....as youre hitting the check out. I just go thru the flyers on RFD and take photos of my price match items and organize them in my cart to the order of the photos. Then i take photos of all my pc optimum offers because more often than not some of your points will be missing. To make a points inquiry you may be asked for proof so a photo of your reciept ( i take as soon as i get home) and your screenshot of your offer is essential.

Otherwise I absolutely love the pc optimum app and have mastered the art of having a household account with the bf and my roommates. Between the lindt/lindor chocolate deal at SDM before Xmas and a few other pay me to shop deals (courtesy of RFD) I had amassed nearly a million points. Between paying with points and getting average 30% back in points I've barely paid anything out of pocket since January and I still have 300,000 points.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zblackma wrote:

Since the Loblaws companies flyers have gone digital. Would you recommend this app or is there a better one for Toronto. Thanks. in advance.

I will continue to use Flipp app as I like the search feature across all stores and add to my shopping list.

zblackma

fujiyama

I don't have the app but I bookmarked the website. I use this mainly to check on new weekly flyers, and only occassional price matching.

If you don't need their shopping list function and don't mind a few extra taps to access the flyers, I'd suggest just bookmarking the site 🙂

3s_Plenty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had it for awhile, super handy app especially for price matching.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

Another app to track your movements, shopping/spending habits, and preferences.

@Korth   Yep, that's always the issue these days.  These apps are very useful but do come at a price, in this case tracking your internet habits!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Another app to track your movements, shopping/spending habits, and preferences.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks! I'll check this out

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

If you download the FLIPP App you can see the different flyers that come out from each store.  You can create a shopping list and use it to price match at certain stores.  I have saved quite a bit using this app. Try it out and start to save.

I'd never heard of it before, but sounds interesting..

You should download it.  I have saved a lot of money with pricing matching.  It also helps if you are looking for an item to see where it is on sale.  Works for food and non food items.

Need Help? Let's chat.