cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employer corporate plan

alciuvar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to allow my employer to take over my phone number and move to a corporate plan.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@alciuvar wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to allow my employer to take over my phone number and move to a corporate plan.

Thanks.

@alciuvar  Depending on how important your number is to you, you could also drop down to the $15 plan (if not on it already) and ask your employer to just open a new account/number on the corporate plan, especially if you have a lot of loyalty/referral rewards that would be lost if you port out your number.  The downside being that you would need another phone, of course, maybe your employer will also be providing a new phone too?  That way you could also suspend your PM account for upto 120 days between payments (90 days after suspension), but making sure to pay before the 90 day interval to keep the account/number from being lost, if you feel you won't be using your PM number much.  Just another option to consider. 😊

@benfatto wrote:

Better to ask them just to pay your PM plan; it's likely cheaper than their cost anyway. 

Some corporate plans are actually quite awesome, better than anything available to normal consumers. Even better than what PM offers. Especially if they encompass tons of data or international roaming.

Although, yes, most Corporations want to be Big Corporations so they automatically deal with the Big Carriers and basically just get a small discount on top of the worst deals available.

Some corporate plans are based on employer-vs-employee price match or percentages. If so, being an employee who pays half the cost of an expensive Rogers plan is not as smart as being an individual who pays full cost of a cheap Public Mobile plan.

Some corporate plans are fully paid for by the employer. If so, then free is less than you'd pay at Public Mobile or anywhere else. Unless the free service doesn't meet your personal needs or comes with strings attached. There's always the option of doing both - work pays for work number, you pay for your number - keep them separated and not have to worry about losing your phone number if/when you leave your job. Dual-SIM phones (or even just two phones) make this workable.

Once a number is ported away from Public Mobile it terminates the PM user account - so all available funds in account are lost, all add-ons attached to account are lost, all Loyalty and Referral rewards attached to account are lost, and the PM SIM card is permanently deactivated. These things might be worth saving or using instead of wasting, even worth giving (along with the phone number) to a friend. Or they might not matter if it's a somewhat "new" account (with a random phone number) which could easily be started again (with a random phone number) at any time.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alciuvar  If you allow your number to be moved to an employer's plan, it will no longer be yours. They will have no obligation to return it if you leave them. 
Better to ask them just to pay your PM plan; it's likely cheaper than their cost anyway. 

BearFBI

@alciuvar Yes thay can do that. When your employer gets registered with a corperate plan you can port the number from your account to your employers corperate account. 

Keep in mind that your Public Mobile account will be closed.

@alciuvar you could allow them to port your number over to either one. However your PM account will be closed and you would have to start over with a new SIM, account and email address . If you decide to go this route.

To port from PM you need

1. Number to port

2. Name on accounts. 

3. One of imei number, account number or pin.

Stay safe. 

alciuvar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, my employer has corporate plans with Rogers and Bell.

BearFBI

@alciuvar Are you talking about a corporate plan with a different company ? 

Public Mobile does not have corporate plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.