cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 10-10-620 long distance work for us?

Cosmos411
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I found this long distance service that works with various cell providers including Telus.  It's only $1 per call to the United States and was wondering if it works for us.  I'm thinking yes because it works for Telus (which is our backbone) but wanted to check if anyone knows for sure.

Here's their site:  http://1010620.com/

Thanks for your time.

13 REPLIES 13

@Jb456 

that's too annoying just for 1 call

I just ended up sticking with hangouts. it would be nice if I had another number people could reach me at though. or if I wanted to hide my personal number instead of calling private

we'll see if they fix it. but I think it has alot to do with their ads

@gpixel  Never experienced this on a few phones over the years however I know a few that do. I guess it depends on the phone itself.

Consider installing it for your call then uninstall after your done to save your battery. 

Best app when traveling to stay in touch with elderly family that is not tech savvy and simply want to dial a phone number to reach you.

@Jb456 textnow is actually pretty cool, but their app is 💩. it heats up and drains my battery like crazy... otherwise I would actually use it. I was a little disappointed 😔

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Just download TEXTNOW and call USA for free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cosmos411 wrote:

True, but if you're not going to be using it every month then why pay for something you're not going to use.

Why indeed. Thus why I pay the minimum required obligation and use add-ons and not "waste" features that go unused.

Cosmos411

True, but if you're not going to be using it every month then why pay for something you're not going to use.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

FAQs clearly state Videotron, Bell, Rogers and Telus landlines. Plus Fido cell. Looks like they have agreements and the according technology in place for billing to your invoice after the call is placed.

Even if there were agreements with the cell phone division of Telus (which doesn't seem to be the case) it would still only work on postpaid plans due to the nature of the services rendered.

Public Mobile is prepaid. Any service you don't pay for (with your plan fee and by buying add-ons) don't have access to. There are never any surprise charges or after the fact billing as well as no pay-as-you-go like the purple direct competition.

Edit: Wow, missed half of this conversation while double checking my facts and typing on my phone! 🙄

Cosmos411

That makes sense.  Thanks for your response.

@Cosmos411 wrote:

Maybe you're right, it could be something that has been agreed upon by Telus and other providers ahead of time.  

It has everything to do with postpaid service.  They bill to your regular cell bill.  This is a prepaid service.  There is no way to add a third party charge here.  

Cosmos411

Maybe you're right, it could be something that has been agreed upon by Telus and other providers ahead of time.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cosmos411 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I found this long distance service that works with various cell providers including Telus.  It's only $1 per call to the United States and was wondering if it works for us.  I'm thinking yes because it works for Telus (which is our backbone) but wanted to check if anyone knows for sure.

Here's their site:  http://1010620.com/

Thanks for your time.

With all the free voip apps or cheapo long distance cards using toll free numbers...why bother? Or heck...PM's very own long distance add-ons at up to 4¢ a minute.

Cosmos411

I was wondering if it was based on some sort of contract but I checked the FAQ on the site and they don't mention anything about a paid service.  The FAQ is:

Question:

Do I need to sign a contract or switch my long distance service provider?

Answer:

There are no contracts and you don't have to switch phone companies to use 10-10-620. 10-10-620 will work on your Bell, Rogers, Telus or Videotron landline, or from your Fido mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It looks like this service charges to your regular monthly cellular bill.  Since this is a prepaid service, I don't see how this can work out.  

Need Help? Let's chat.