cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting down screen time

Shaidah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to cut down on screen time in the evenings.  My evening looks like this: done dinner at 7 or 7:30, cleanup from dinner and prep lunch for work the next day. Go for a walk around 8pm.  Water the veggie gardens then come in for a shower.  Be done showering by 9:15/9:30.  Ideally, I would like to have about 30-40minutes to do some yoga and meditation before bed but I seem to only get about 20 minutes.  Goal is to get in bed by 10pm, lights out by 10:15 which allows a little time to read.  

This is a lot easier to do in the summer with longer daylight hours. It seems we eat dinner earlier in the winter which will give us more time in the evenings.  Cutting out Netflix during the week has been easy.  

Batch meal planning on the weekends to reduce meal prep would give back some time on weeknight evenings so I need to work on that.  

Anyone have any tips on reducing screen time?  

3 REPLIES 3

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@funpig wrote:

@Shaidah wrote:

I am trying to cut down on screen time in the evenings...

Booze.

Probably not the best idea Smiley Very Happy

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shaidah wrote:

I am trying to cut down on screen time in the evenings...

Booze.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaidah wrote:

I am trying to cut down on screen time in the evenings.  My evening looks like this: done dinner at 7 or 7:30, cleanup from dinner and prep lunch for work the next day. Go for a walk around 8pm.  Water the veggie gardens then come in for a shower.  Be done showering by 9:15/9:30.  Ideally, I would like to have about 30-40minutes to do some yoga and meditation before bed but I seem to only get about 20 minutes.  Goal is to get in bed by 10pm, lights out by 10:15 which allows a little time to read.  

This is a lot easier to do in the summer with longer daylight hours. It seems we eat dinner earlier in the winter which will give us more time in the evenings.  Cutting out Netflix during the week has been easy.  

Batch meal planning on the weekends to reduce meal prep would give back some time on weeknight evenings so I need to work on that.  

Just say no?

Put the screen down?

Bury the big screen in storage?

Don't have data or wifi available to connect to while at home?

Or the old credit card defense...put the screen in a zip bag, put that in another zip bag and some water, put all that in the freezer. That way you'd have to really think about needing to bring it out and thaw it to use.

Need Help? Let's chat.