cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?

Toronto and Peel Region have been placed in a lockdown effective Monday, Nov 23 at 12:01 a.m.  This means that Toronto and Peel will be under lockdown until at least Dec. 21.

 

What about in your area?

 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?

BC has 539 cases yesterday (Nov. 19 2020.)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?

Seems like any place in BC with a population of more than 10 people is semi-lockdown.

 

Don't bother going anywhere in public without a mask. Businesses will basically turn you away or ask you to leave or make you endure the sternly disapproving lecture.

 

It seems impossible to buy a haircut these days. I'm starting to look like a scruffy longhaired hippy.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?


@yanzhiqiang wrote:

BC has 539 cases yesterday (Nov. 19 2020.)


@yanzhiqiang you are doing well in BC then. 

 

Ontario is reporting 1,418 new cases of COVID-19 Friday Nov 20, along with eight new deaths related to the virus.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?


@Korth wrote:

Seems like any place in BC with a population of more than 10 people is semi-lockdown.

 

Don't bother going anywhere in public without a mask. Businesses will basically turn you away or ask you to leave or make you endure the sternly disapproving lecture.

 

It seems impossible to buy a haircut these days. I'm starting to look like a scruffy longhaired hippy.


@Korth still BC is doing much better than Ontario.  Ontario is reporting 1,418 new cases of COVID-19 Friday, along with eight new deaths related to the virus.  Most in Toronto and Peel.  I am in Toronto.  I skeered.  😓

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?

Whole Canada will be locked down soon.  Government is between a rock and a hard place, just sooner or later...

 

Either way, businesses will suffer as some people who stay safe and will stay home no matter what government does.  On the other hand, people will ignore the lock down and go out as usual.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?


@RosieR wrote:

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

BC has 539 cases yesterday (Nov. 19 2020.)


@yanzhiqiang you are doing well in BC then. 

 

Ontario is reporting 1,418 new cases of COVID-19 Friday Nov 20, along with eight new deaths related to the virus.


14 million vs 4.8milliom population, new case numbers are proportional. BC is just as bad as Ontario. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?

I am in Alberta,  1,336 case here.

Jason Kenny must be related to Donald Trump and doesn't shut down anything

We are the only province without a no provincial mask mandate.

UPC shutdown kids sports last week.

Casinos , Bars and  Shopping Malls and just about everything else is business as usual are still open.

People wear a mask so the Social distancing of the 6 feet ends? That's is one of our problems.

Until we get more cases than Ontario the UPC won't be in the lead for cases, we beat Quebec yesterday.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?


@Bullet77 wrote:

I am in Alberta,  1,336 case here.

Jason Kenny must be related to Donald Trump and doesn't shut down anything

We are the only province without a no provincial mask mandate.

UPC shutdown kids sports last week.

Casinos , Bars and  Shopping Malls and just about everything else is business as usual are still open.

People wear a mask so the Social distancing of the 6 feet ends? That's is one of our problems.

Until we get more cases than Ontario the UPC won't be in the lead for cases, we beat Quebec yesterday.


This is the result of Albertan are not following the UCP directive to obey distancing and no gathering.  Wait for tomorrow announcement.  I guess that Albertan needs the government to make the decision for them with a big stick.

 

UCP is between a rock and a hard place.  If UCP locks down early, business will complain.  If he locks down later, people from the other side will complain.

 

I am fine either way as I am staying safe and staying home anyway.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Covid-19 - What is the status in your area?


@Korth wrote:

 

It seems impossible to buy a haircut these days. I'm starting to look like a scruffy longhaired hippy.


You need something like this. You set your own schedule and will save a ton of $. Snap a guard on and go for it.

 

F8BBD8FB-663C-4520-BA22-4521C0C2CFAB.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.