cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cord cutter

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I personally watch Netflix and use my cell as my only phone.  Are you a cord cutter ?

10 REPLIES 10

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kelvarnsen wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

My two year contract with Telus Optic is over when the kids go back to school in the fall. I think I will try and get on a sweet unlimited home wi fi plan, keep going with my Netflix and get Amazon Prime, maybe You Tube Premium, cut the cord!

Depending on how you stream CBC just launched their GEM app for Firestick and Roku. Free with limited commercials. I don't watch much CBC stuff generally but was impressed that it has a ton of content. You can also watch the cbc feed from any timezone.

I just check and CBC Gem is not an available channel on Roku.

The CBC website about online streaming was udpated 3 days ago says:

Roku

The CBC Gem app is currently not supported on Roku.

Interesting, the article I read that said it was being launched on fire stick said ot was also being launched on Roku.  Guess the Roku version is still in the works.

@kelvarnsen wrote:

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

My two year contract with Telus Optic is over when the kids go back to school in the fall. I think I will try and get on a sweet unlimited home wi fi plan, keep going with my Netflix and get Amazon Prime, maybe You Tube Premium, cut the cord!

Depending on how you stream CBC just launched their GEM app for Firestick and Roku. Free with limited commercials. I don't watch much CBC stuff generally but was impressed that it has a ton of content. You can also watch the cbc feed from any timezone.

I just checked and CBC Gem is not an available channel on Roku.

The CBC website about online streaming was udpated 3 days ago says:

Roku

The CBC Gem app is currently not supported on Roku.

kelvarnsen

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't watch any tv, just listen radio and internet radio, so have no bills exept Public Mobile bill.

Felixbthe1

Yea, cable is stupid expensive and I only watch like 4-5 channels, streaming on demand tv is the future

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That sounds good

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Lol, what company?

Shaw Direct.

I'm also not interested in Freedom up here in the interior of BC. Rogers isn't very good and Freedom uses Rogers. So no thanks.

Felixbthe1

Lol, what company?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on satellite...no cords Smiley LOL

Felixbthe1

Need Help? Let's chat.