cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comet Neowise

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Went to look at the comet Neowise tonight. I could barely make it out underneath the Big Dipper. If you have a chance go see it, as it will be close to 6800 years before it comes by again. Here is one of the pictures I took.

42556A81-1A94-420E-B49A-2D5307E342F0.jpeg

12 REPLIES 12

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck   Great photo!!  Luckily we managed to catch it before it disappeared.  I found that I was able to view it better with the binoculars rather than our telescope, but the scope was great for viewing Jupiter and some of it's moons and it was nice to see both on the same night! 😊

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good picture, thanks.

@JoyLuck 

The bf bailed last minute......of course it was the last clear night we had but i had a couple good rides over the weekend that gave me some keepers.....When have you seen english bay like cotton candy coloured glass?When have you seen english bay like cotton candy coloured glass?

@gpixel wrote:

@JoyLuck is this only a one night thing or are we still able to see it again tonight?

Adding to @maximum_gato the viewing is best in an area with few lights. Let us know how you make out tonight.

@gpixel 

You can see it for another 5 to 7 days.....look west above the horizon after suset then towards the north and under the big dipper. Best seen with binoculars......

@CFPartDeux 

Meow.......theyve almost broken me.........mmarrmarrrmarmoew!!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@maximum_gato wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

No need someone already did it for you!

OMG, either a Mod made a completely innocent mistake, and didn't notice the smilies at the end of my reply, OR there's a weasel lurking around the hen house.... one that can so easily sell content to the Mods, it's akin to selling ice cream to the folks that the Edmonton CFL team used to be named after. Either scenario is pretty sad indeed..... 🙄

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck is this only a one night thing or are we still able to see it again tonight?

@CFPartDeux 

No need someone already did it for you! Id quote you but that would get me in more trouble! I must remember to check my sense of humour at the door of the community.....no kidding around...even in the lounge!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck...

great picture...thanks for sharing it.

CFPartDeux

@maximum_gato wrote:

@CFPartDeux  Not only do you need glasses

As a matter of fact, I do, but now I see it without zooming in.... guess it's the time of day kinda thang, ambient lighting, and knowing where it is, from seeing it before..... that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! 😜

it sounds like your lazy enough to skip your own funeral *.......then again that's probably a good thing!

*disclaimer: this is intended for comedy purposes only as in its a joke and I by no means wish any harm upon my fellow member in fact i only wish him a good laugh or at least a giggle.

Oh no you DON'T, MISSY - you're not gettin' off easy by throwin' in a disclaimer..... I am so totally gonna hit the "Report" button on that completely offensive comment!!! 😉 😆

@maximum_gato wrote:

@JoyLuck 

Nice work! I've got a planned sunset bike ride this evening to see the comet. What time did you take this pic?

I took that picture just before midnight from Mount Tolmie in Victoria, BC. Have fun tonight.

CFPartDeux

Nah, I'll just wait 'til the next time it rolls around! 😜

I see what you mean about "barely making it out" - can't see it in your pic until zooming in. 👍

Need Help? Let's chat.